Unreal (video game series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021)
|Publisher(s)||GT Interactive Software|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox, OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
May 22, 1998
|Latest release||Unreal Tournament 3|
November 19, 2007
Unreal is a series of first-person shooter video games developed by Epic Games. The series is known for its exhibition of the namesake Unreal Engine that powers the games and is available for other developers to license.
|1998||Unreal Engine 1||Unreal||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|2002||Unreal Engine 2||Unreal Tournament 2003||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|2003||Unreal II: The Awakening||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2004||Unreal Tournament 2004||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|2005||Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2007||Unreal Engine 3||Unreal Tournament 3||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|2014||Unreal Engine 4||Unreal Tournament||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
- Unreal Anthology (2006) contains Unreal Gold, Unreal Tournament, Unreal II, Unreal Tournament 2004, and a bonus soundtrack CD. However, missing from Unreal Tournament are the improved S3TC textures which came with the original release of the game. Also, the internet connectivity of Unreal in this collection is isolated by having a master server different from that of the original game.
Guinness World Records awarded the series with 3 world records. These records include, "First Console Game to Receive a Downloadable Patch", "First Console Game to Support Player Modifications" and "First Game to be Created Using the Unreal Engine".
- "Unreal Tournament - Loki". Help.ubuntu.com. Archived from the original on 16 June 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Unreal Tournament 2003". Liflg.org. Archived from the original on 5 June 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "UAMUSICMG06 | A history of Unreal MUSIC". VGMdb.net. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
- "First console game to receive a downloadable patch". Guinness World Records. Archived from the original on 2016-09-18. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
- "First console game to support player modifications". Guinness World Records. Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- "First videogame created with the Unreal Engine". Guinness World Records. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 8 February 2015.