Beer in September 2014
|Birth name||Madison Elle Beer|
March 5, 1999 |
Jericho, New York, U.S.
Madison Elle Beer (born March 5, 1999) is an American singer and actress. She gained media attention after pop star Justin Bieber tweeted a link to a video of her singing. She later signed to Island.
Beer was born on March 5, 1999, in Jericho, Long Island, New York, to Robert Beer, a luxury home builder, and Tracie Beer, an interior designer. She has a younger brother named Ryder. Her parents are divorced, and her father has remarried. She went to Jericho Middle School before being homeschooled in 2012. Beer is Jewish and of Ashkenazi descent.
Beginning in early 2012, Beer posted videos on YouTube of her singing covers of popular songs. Beer finally gained the attention of pop star Justin Bieber who tweeted a link to her cover of Etta James' "At Last" to his over 25 million followers. This caused Beer to trend worldwide on Twitter and gain substantial media coverage. Bieber signed Beer personally to the record label to which he is signed, Island Records. Beer is now managed by Bieber's manager Scooter Braun.
Beer partnered with Monster High, and recorded a theme song for the franchise titled "We Are Monster High". In February 2013, Cody Simpson re-released his song "Valentine" with Beer which was played on Radio Disney, but was never officially released. On September 12, 2013, Beer released her debut single and music video called "Melodies" which was written by Peter Kelleher, Ben Kohn, Thomas Barnes and Ina Wroldsen. The video featured a guest appearance by Bieber.
Beer is working on her debut album which she said has an R&B pop vibe." Beer said there will be a mixture of songs by saying, there "will be slow songs, sad songs, happy songs, songs about boys, and songs about being who you are. I'm making sure I'm happy with all of the songs, because if I am not happy with them, I can't expect anyone else to be, you know?" She is an avid fan of Justin Bieber and quotes him as an inspiration. In April 2014 she was spotted with Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez in the studio.
"Unbreakable" is the second single from Beer's upcoming debut studio album. The song was released on June 17, 2014 and was written by Jessica Ashley, Evan Bogart, Heather Jeanette Miley, Matt Schwartz, Emanuel Kiriakou and Andrew Goldstein and was produced by the latter two. On December 6, 2014 Beer reached one million followers on Twitter. On February 16, 2015 it was announced that Beer was set to be a featured artist in a new single by DJs Mako titled "I Won't Let You Walk Away" The song was released for digital download on February 24, 2015 along with a music video. The song reached No. 43 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs, No. 33 on the Dance/Electronic Digital Songs, and No. 19 on the Dance/Mix Show Airplay charts in the United States.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|"Melodies"||2013||—||*US: 9,000 (first week sales)||N/A|
|"All For Love"
(feat. Jack & Jack)
As featured artist
(Cody Simpson featuring Madison Beer)
|"I Won't Let You Walk Away"
(Mako featuring Madison Beer)
|"We Are Monster High"||2013||Monster High|
|2013||Louder Than Words||Amy|
- "Madison Beer, 13-Year-Old Singer, Discovered By Justin Bieber (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post. July 19, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Peters, Mitchell (September 13, 2013). "New Signings: Island Records Inks Justin Bieber Discovery Madison Beer, Chris Brown to Resolution, SONGS Music Nabs the Weeknd". Billboard. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Jack Gilinsky CONFIRMS Relationship With Madison Beer + Address Jack & Jack Breakup Rumors!. 26 April 2015 – via YouTube.
- "Twitter / RobertBeer68". Twitter.
- "Robert Beer Construction". Robert Beer.
- "This is 40". Madison Beer.
- "Justin tweets tween Madison to fame". The Times of Israel.
- Beer, Madison (Feb 29, 2012). "Madison Beer - Bruno Mars Mashup". Youtube.
- "Madison Beer, 13-Year-Old Singer, Discovered By Justin Bieber". Huffington Post. July 19, 2012.
- Woods, Casey (September 12, 2013). "Justin Bieber Introduces Madison Beer: 'She's Going to Be a Star'". Ryan Seacrest.
- "Justin Bieber Curates the 2013 Music Portfolio". Teen Vogue.
- "Cody Simpson And Madison Beer Record "Valentine"". Popstar!. February 11, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Cody Simpson Re-Releases "Valentine" Featuring Madison Beer". Disney Dreaming.
- "Bubbling Under: Justin Bieber Guests With Madison Beer; American Young Debuts". Billboard. September 20, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Lewis, Casey. "What Justin Bieber Protégé Madison Beer's Doing to Prepare for World Domination". Teen Vogue.
- "Madison Beer Hung Out With Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez? Cue Feelings! - MTV". MTV News.
- Madison Beer Debuts ‘Unbreakable,’ Talks Justin Bieber & Cody Simpson Studio Time - Hollywood Life
- "Unbreakable". AllMusic.
- Beer, Madison (December 6, 2014). "OH MY GOD pic.twitter.com/NiKXIuq4j7". Twitter.
- "Madison Beer: Justin Bieber's Protégé Reaches One Million Followers On Twitter". Insquisitr. December 6, 2014.
- Wass, Mike (February 16, 2015). "Madison Beer Unveils The Cover Of Mako Collaboration "I Won't Let You Walk Away"". Idolator.
- Smith, Katie (February 24, 2015). "Mako feat. Madison Beer – I Won't Let You Walk Away". EDM Tunes.
- Dunlap, Kelly (February 24, 2015). "Mako And Madison Beer Rewind Time In The "I Wont Let You Walk Away" Lyric Video". BuzzFeed.
- "Mako Chart History". Billboard.
- "Bubbling Under: Madison Beer, American Young, Paradise Fears, TeeFLii". Billboard. September 20, 2013.
- "Louder Than Words - Full Cast & Crew". IMDb.