Marcos A. Aidukaitis
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Marcos A. Aidukaitis|
Aidukaitis outside the Salt Lake Temple in 2008
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|5 April 2008|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||Marcos Antony Aidukaitis
30 August 1959
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Marcos Antony Aidukaitis (born 30 August 1959) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since April 2008. He is the first Brigham Young University (BYU) graduate from South America to become a church general authority.
Aidukaitis was born in Porto Alegre, Brazil. As a young man, he served as a LDS missionary in the Brazil São Paulo Mission. He received a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and an MBA from BYU. Aidukaitis has held key positions in companies such as MAV Distribution and Ogara-Hess.
Aidukaitis has served as a leader in the LDS Church at various levels and has assisted the growth of the church in the São Paulo area. He served as the first president of the Osasco Brazil Stake when it was organized in 1993, and then as the first president of the Barueri Brazil Stake when it was organized in 1997. Aidukaitis served as an area seventy from 2000 to 2005 and began service as president of the Brazil Brasília Mission later that year. He served in this capacity until his call to the First Quorum of the Seventy in April 2008. As a general authority, Aidukaitis served from 2008 to 2012 as a counselor in the church's South America South Area. He served at the church's headquarters from 2012 to August 2014 when he was assigned as a counselor in the church's Brazil Area.
Aidukaitis and his wife, Luisa, were married in 1986 and are the parents of five children. His father was born in Scotland to Lithuanian parents.
- "Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis," Liahona, May 2008, p. 134
- "Dozens of leaders called to LDS posts", Deseret Morning News, 2008-04-06
- "New Area Authority Seventies", Church News, April 15, 2000. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "New stake presidencies", Church News, June 12, 1993. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- 2005 Deseret News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret News, 2004) p. 283
- "General Authorities: Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's G.A. Pages: Marcos A. Aidukaitis