(by ancestry, 2011 Census) 
est. 100,000 )
|Regions with significant populations|
|Arabic (Moroccan Arabic), Berber, English and French|
|Islam, Judaism and Christianity|
Moroccan Canadians are Canadian citizens of Moroccan descent or Morocco-born people who reside in Canada, as well as people from the state of Morocco who are ethno-linguistic and religious minorities. According to the 2011 Census there were 71,910 Canadians who claimed full or partial Moroccan ancestry, an increase compared to the 2006 Census.
Moroccans began arriving in Canada in the mid-1960s in search of employment and a new life. Between 1962 and 1993, 40,000 settled in Canada.
The next wave came in the late 1990s. Moroccan immigrants settled mainly in the province of Quebec, but there are also communities in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa and Winnipeg. Because many Moroccans living in Canada are not registered with the Moroccan authorities, the real weight of the Moroccan community in Canada may be underestimated.
In recent years, Moroccans have become more organized, as have other communities in Canada, and are starting to form communities across the country. There are at least 20 Moroccan organizations in Canada.
- Rachid Badouri, comedian
- Emmanuelle Chriqui, actress (Entourage, You Don't Mess with the Zohan)
- Mohamed Douch, economist
- Nadia Essadiqi, actress and singer
- Fatima Houda-Pepin, member of the National Assembly of Quebec, Canada
- Adam Lamhamedi, Moroccan Canadian alpine skier; competed for Morocco at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Vaï, Moroccan-French Canadian rapper
- Statistics Canada. "2011 National Household Survey: Data tables". Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Bilateral Relations". Canada International.
- Powell, John. Encyclopedia of North American Immigration (Facts on File library of American history). Infobase Publishing. January 1, 2009. ISBN 143811012X, 9781438110127. p. 195.
|This Morocco-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Canada-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|