Motorola Razr (2020)
|Slogan||Unmistakable. Unexpected. Unparalleled|
|Mass||205 g (7.2 oz)|
|Operating system||Original: Android 9.0 "Pie"|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 710|
|CPU||Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz and 6x2.42 GHz) Kryo 360 Gold & Silver|
|Rear camera||16 MP, f/1.7, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama, gyro-EIS|
|Front camera||5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12µm, HDR, 1080p@30fps|
The Motorola Razr (stylized Motorola razr) is an upcoming foldable Android smartphone produced by Motorola Mobility. Unveiled on November 14, 2019, it is expected to be released in 2020. The device is designed to be reminiscent of the original Motorola Razr feature phone series and features a horizontally foldable screen (in contrast to other recent folding smartphones which are designed to be folded vertically).
The Razr is inspired heavily by the original feature phone line of the same name, and uses a clamshell design to conceal a 6.2-inch ~22:9 OLED display. The device's exterior features a secondary 2.7-inch "Quick View" display to access selected features (such as notifications) when the device is closed. The screen is protected by a stainless-steel frame, is "scuff resistant", and has no visible crease at its folding point, with a fingerprint sensor located in the lower bezel. In response to concerns surrounding the Galaxy Fold, Motorola stated that it had "full confidence" in the durability of the phone's screen, that it would last the "average lifespan of a smartphone", and that they were "not going to go out there and say, consumers should be cautious of how they use the phone". It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 system-on-chip and Adreno 616 GPU, with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of non-expandable internal storage. Inside, a 2510 mAh battery is used, and fast charging is supported at up to 15W over USB-C. A single camera is present on the rear with a 16 MP lens, while the front-facing camera has a 5 MP lens and is housed within a notch at the top of the display. It only supports eSIM.
- Lawler, Richard (14 November 2019). "The Morning After: Motorola RAZR returns as a $1,500 foldable phone". Engadget. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Amadeo, Ron (13 November 2019). "Moto Razr 2019 is official: A foldable smartphone with no display crease". Ars Technica. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Krol, Jacob (14 November 2019). "Don't flip out: Motorola's Razr returns in 2020 as a $1,499 foldable". CNN Underscored. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Cheng, Roger (13 November 2019). "Motorola's $1,500 foldable Razr is a Verizon lifetime exclusive". CNET. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- Gartenberg, Chaim (13 November 2019). "Motorola resurrects the Razr as a foldable Android smartphone". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Velazco, Chris (13 November 2019). "Motorola's revived RAZR is a fashion-forward foldable". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Lowe, Mike (14 November 2019). "Motorola Razr review: The flip phone is back for 2019". Pocket-lint. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- Gartenberg, Chaim (13 November 2019). "Party like it's 2004 with the new Motorola Razr's secret "Retro Razr" mode". The Verge. Retrieved 14 November 2019.