|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, New Mahe had a population of 11,230. Males constitute 46% of the population and females 54%. New Mahe has an average literacy rate of 86%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 86%, and female literacy is 85%. In New Mahe, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The eastern part of New Mahe is called 'Kodiyeri'. Kodiyeri Balakrishnan member of CPI(M) central committee, CPI(M) Parliamentary Party Deputy Leader in the Kerala assembly and former minister of Kerala was born in Kodiyeri.
This village is sharing Arabian Sea in the west border , Mahe (Pudhucherry state) in South side , at North Thalassery Municipality .
New Mahe Police Station is situated near to Kodiyeri Village Office. Kodiyeri is home to many famous personalities including former Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, Justice T V Ramakrishnan etc.
Politically inclined to the left, CPM has the majority support.
Malabar cancer center another contribution of the left government is one of the biggest cancer hospital in the state of kerala. Earlier Handloom weaving and Beedi industry was the main occupation of people but now it is declined.
NH 17 is passing through this village.
Proposed New Mahe Municipality
The proposed New Mahe Municipality comprises:
- Azhiyur panchayat, Vadakara taluk, Kozhikode district, Kerala
- New Mahe panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Chokli panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Panniyannur panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Mahe.|
|This article related to a location in Kannur district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|