|Elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|PIN||670561, 670565, 670566|
|Sex ratio||1068 ♂/♀|
- 1 Geography
- 2 Demographics
- 3 Culture and Geography
- 4 Moonnu Pettumma Palli
- 5 Aaron Church, Pappinisseri
- 6 Sree Vadeswaram Shiva Temple
- 7 Keecheri Paalottu Kavu
- 8 Visha Chikilsa Kendram
- 9 Administration
- 10 Education
- 11 Arts
- 12 Major towns and roads
- 13 Major Industries
- 14 Major Attractions
- 15 Transportation
- 16 References
- 17 External links
Pappinisseri is located at  It has an average elevation of 1 metres (3 feet)..
As of 2001 India census, Pappinisseri had a population of 33,266. Males constitute 48% of the population and females 52%. Pappinisseri has an average literacy rate of 83%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 80%. In Pappinisseri, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. A well stokked Snake Park housing rare species of snakes from India and a Hospital, The 'Visha chikitsa kendra' renowned for the treatment of snake bitten poison is situated in Pappinisseri.
Culture and Geography
Pappinisseri comprises two villages viz Pappinisseri and Aroli. Two major roads viz NH 17 and Kannur-Payyannur Highway goes through Pappinisseri. Though the Pappinisseri village provides spaces for the both of these major roads, Aroli is home for only NH 17. The Pappinisseri Panchayat can be described as situated on Kannur-Payyannur highway, near Valapattanam in Kannur district of North Malabar region in the Indian state of Kerala.
Major portion of Pappinisseri is surrounded by Baliapatam river which stretches from Mankkadav at the East to CRC at the West. Pappinisseri has many beautiful scnes of small islands and Hills. Pampuruthi is a very famous and beautiful islands in the Baliapatam river. Vadeswaram Hill popularly known as Kailasam of Kerala is famous for its scenic beauty. Pappinisseri shares borders with Kalliasseri to the north-east and Valapattanam to the south-west.
Pappinisseri is famous for:
- Moonnu Pettumma Palli
- Sree Vadeswaram Shiva Temple,
- Aaron Church,
- Mankadavu Juma Masjid,
- Keecheri Juma Masjid
- Keecheri Paalottu Kavu,
- Visha Chikilsa Kendram
- Tile Works,
- Cotton Factory
- M.V. Raghavan
Moonnu Pettumma Palli
Moonnu Pettumma Palli (Mosque in the golden memory of the mother who gave birth to the three), popularly known as "Kattile Palli" (Mosque in the Jungle) is the most popular Mosque of North Malabar. The annual festival known as "Kattile Palli Nercha" is attended by people from all religions. This festival is one of the most important festival where the secularism of North Malabar is transparently visible. This Mosque is at Pappinisseri, around 8 km from Kannur, 14 km from Taliparamba and 24p;km from Payyannur.
Aaron Church, Pappinisseri
Sree Vadeswaram Shiva Temple
This temple is situated at Aroli village in Pappinissery Panchayat. The temple is built on top of a hill which looks like a mountain and hence this temple is known as 'Sree Kailasam' of North Malabar. The temple is under Chirakkal Devaswom Board.
Mankadavu Juma Masjid
Keecheri Paalottu Kavu
Keecheri Paalottu Kavuis a very famous Temple of Pappinisseri. Thousands of people from neighbouring villages also participates in the Annual Vishu Vilakkulsam of this Temple. This Temple is situated near Keecheri on NH-17, around 13 km from Kannur, 11 km and from Taliparamba.
Visha Chikilsa Kendram
Pappinisseri Visha Chikilsa Kendram situated near Panchayat on NH 17 is very famous for its versatile role in diagnosis and treatment for venom and poison threats to humans. This hospital was the first to accommodate Dialysis machine in North Malabar. It is heard that nowadays this hospital has started its own antevenom production unit. Sree Kumaran Vaidyar and Mr MV Raghavan took keen interest to set up this hospital which is of first in its kind in this region.
Baliapattam Tile Works
This an ancient Tile factory situated in Pappinisseri.
Western India Cottons
This an ancient Cotton factory situated in Pappinisseri.
- District: Kannurകണ്ണൂര് कण्णूर
- Taluk/Tehsil: Kannur കണ്ണൂര് कण्णूर
- Block: Taliparamba
- Assembly Constituency: Azhikode
- Police Station: Valapattanam
- Post Office: Pappinisseri-670561, Pappinisseri West-670565, Aroli-670566
- Telephone Exchange: Pappinisseri (0497)
- Nearest Railway Station: Pappinisseri.
Pappinisseri is famous for its excellent academic records. It has an average literacy rate of more than 90%. The Schools in this area often score excellent position in state level examinations including scholarship exams.
The important schools of Pappinisseri are:
- Aroli Govt. Higher Secondary School
- Pappinisseri Panchayat Higher Secondary School
- Aaron UP School
- Aroli Central UP School
Pappinisseri plays a vital role in nourishing the arts and culture of Kannur District as a whole. The students of this area always win many first place prizes and achieve A grades in State Youth Festivals.
Major towns and roads
- Pappinisseri Railway Town
- Panchayat Town
- keecheri junction
- merali junction
- Puthiya kavu
- Pappnisseri-Pilathara Road
- NH 17
- Hajee Road
- Aroli-Mankadavu-Parassinikkadavu Road
- Kolathuvayal Road
- Keecheri-Anchampeedika Road
- keechery road
- Pazhayangadi Road
- Taliparamba Road
- Kannur Road
- Chittothidam Road
- CRC Road
- Market Road
- Cottons Road
- keecheri palotukavu road
The major industries are:
The majority of the people of this villages depend on the income from Gulf Countries as well as the varied local industries.
- Mangroove theme park
- keechery juma masjid
- Visha Chikilsa Kendram
- keecheri sree palotukave temple
- Pampanthuruthi island
- The long cave starts from Keecheri Hill and ends at Vadeswaram Pond
- Scene of Valapattanam River
1. ** From Paalam 2. ** From Kalloori
- Various hills
- keecheri hill
- keechery thaava
- Mankadavu JumaMasjid, Kadavu
- The nearest Airports are Calicut International Airport to the south at an approximate distance of 125 km and Mangalore to the north at an approximate distance of 150 km. A new Airport viz. "Kannur International Airport" is under construction at Mattannur (മട്ടന്നൂര്) at an approximate distance of 33 km.
- Nearest major Railway Station is Kannur and other nearest Railways Station is Pappinisseri and Valapattanam.
- Two trains originating from Mangalore/Trivandrum and bound for Trivandrum/Mangalore,ernad and malabar express , stop at Valapattanam.
- All passenger trains stop at Valapattanam and Pappinisseri.
- All the trains runs through this line including New Delhi-Trivandrum Rajdhani Express, stop at Kannur.
- From Kannur :
- 1) Board any bus going to Pazhayangadi for Moonnu Pettumma Palli and Western Part of Pappinisseri
- 2) Board any bus going to Taliparamba for Keecheri and Eastern Part of Pappinisseri
- 3) Board any bus going to Parassinikkadavu via Mankadavu for Aroli village area.
- 4) board any bus going anchampeedika for keecheri village area
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pappinisseri
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Railway Time Table No 26 : Gandhidham-Nagercoil" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 26A : Nagercoil-Gandhidham" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 26-1 : Monsoon Timing Gandhidham-Nagercoil" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 26-1A : Monsoon Timing Nagercoil-Gandhidham" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 86 : Chennai-Mangalore" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 86A : Mangalore-Chennai" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 85 : Nagercoil-Mangalore" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 85A : Mangalore-Nagercoil" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pappinisseri.|