North Little Rock Municipal Airport
|North Little Rock Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of North Little Rock|
|Serves||North Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Elevation AMSL||545 ft / 166 m|
North Little Rock Municipal Airport (ICAO: KORK, FAA LID: ORK, formerly 1M1) is a public use airport in Pulaski County, Arkansas, United States. It is owned by the City of North Little Rock and located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) north of its central business district.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ORK by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned ORK to Cork Airport in Cork, Ireland).
Facilities and aircraft
North Little Rock Municipal Airport covers an area of 621 acres (251 ha) at an elevation of 545 feet (166 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 5/23 is 5,002 by 75 feet (1,525 x 23 m) with a concrete surface and 17/35 is 3,019 by 75 feet (920 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface.
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2008, the airport had 37,200 aircraft operations, an average of 101 per day: 97% general aviation, 3% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 150 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 13% multi-engine, 4% jet, 5% helicopter, and 1% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ORK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 25, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)" (PDF). 2011–2015 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "North Little Rock Municipal Airport". Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- "North Little Rock, Arkansas (FAA: ORK, ICAO: KORK)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- "Cork Airport, Ireland (IATA: ORK, ICAO: EICK)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- Barrett Aviation. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- Air Charter Express. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- Official website
- North Little Rock Municipal Airport at Arkansas Department of Aeronautics
- Airport page at City of North Little Rock website
- Aerial image as of March 2001 from USGS The National Map
- Airfield photos from U.S. Civil Air Patrol at the Wayback Machine (archived September 23, 2006)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ORK, effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport: