Texarkana Regional Airport
|Texarkana Regional Airport
|IATA: TXK – ICAO: KTXK – FAA LID: TXK|
|Owner||Texarkana Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||390 ft / 119 m|
Texarkana Regional Airport (IATA: TXK, ICAO: KTXK, FAA LID: TXK), also known as Webb Field, is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) northeast of the central business district of Texarkana, a city in Miller County, Arkansas, United States. It is owned by the Texarkana Airport Authority. The airport is located within the city limits of Texarkana, roughly 3 miles east of State Line Avenue. The front gate opens to the northwest, at the intersection of Arkansas Boulevard and U.S. Route 67. A Union Pacific Railroad line runs parallel to US 67 on the side of the highway facing the airport. It is mostly used for general aviation, but is also served by American Eagle.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 29,820 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 26,759 enplanements in 2009, and 26,690 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Texarkana Regional-Webb Field covers an area of 964 acres (390 ha) at an elevation of 390 feet (119 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 4/22 is 6,601 by 144 feet (2,012 x 44 m) and 13/31 is 5,200 by 100 feet (1,585 x 30 m}.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 28,963 aircraft operations, an average of 79 per day: 73% general aviation, 15% air taxi, 10% military, and 1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 74 aircraft based at this airport: 62% single-engine, 15% jet, 14% multi-engine, 8% helicopter, and 1% glider.
Airline and destination
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|American Eagle||Dallas/Fort Worth|
- FAA Airport Master Record for TXK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Texarkana Regional Airport, official website
- Texarkana Regional-Webb Field (TXK) at the Arkansas Department of Aeronautics
- TAC Air - Texarkana Regional Airport, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of March 2000 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective September 17, 2015
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TXK, effective September 17, 2015
- Resources for this airport: