Paul Williams (bishop)
|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham|
|Diocese||Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham|
|Elected||11 May 2015|
|Installed||27 June 2015|
|Other posts||Bishop of Kensington (2009–2015)|
|Consecration||25 March 2009
by Rowan Williams
|Born||16 January 1968|
|Alma mater||Grey College, Durham|
Paul Gavin Williams (born 16 January 1968) is a Church of England bishop. Since May 2015, he has been the Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham. From 2009 to 2015, he was the Bishop of Kensington, an area bishop in the Diocese of London.
Williams was ordained to the episcopate on 25 March 2009 by Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, at St Paul's Cathedral, London. From 2009 to 2015, he was the Bishop of Kensington, an area bishop in the Diocese of London. On 11 May 2015, Williams' canonical election as Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham was confirmed. On 27 June, he was enthroned during an inauguration service at Southwell Minster.
Williams is married to Sarah. Together they have three sons.
- The Reverend Paul Williams (1993–2007)
- The Reverend Canon Paul Williams (2007–2009)
- The Right Reverend Paul Williams (2009–present)
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009, Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Who's Who 2012, "Kensington, Area Bishop of"
- Consecration details
- "Appointments in the clergy", Daily Telegraph, 20 December 2008, p. 26.
- Official notification of appointment
- Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham — "Election of new Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham confirmed", Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham website, accessed 24 May 2015.
- Page, Jemma (27 June 2015). "New Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham officially inaugurated". Nottingham Post.
- Diocesan Profile
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Kensington
|Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|