|Launched||September 3, 2005|
|Closed||March 27, 2015 (Star +1 and SD versions)|
|Owned by||Telenet (Belgium) (Liberty Global)|
|Picture format||576i (PAL) 16:9 (2005-2015)
|Sister channel(s)||Play Sports|
|Telenet (Belgium)||Channel 300 (PRIME Star HD)
Channel 302 (PRIME Action HD)
Channel 303 (PRIME Family HD)
Channel 304 (PRIME Fezztival HD)
Channel 305 (PRIME Series HD)
|Yelo Play||Watch Live (Belgium only)|
Prime is a Belgian premium television service owned by Telenet, the Belgian content division of Liberty Global. Prime launched together with its sister service Sporting Telenet on September 3, 2005 and replaced the Canal+ Flanders television channels. The service offers multiple film channels with Belgian and international productions many of which are television premières.
The service launched with five channels and a timeshift version of the main channel. Starting March 2015, all channels are broadcsted exclusively in HD, the timeshift version of PRIME Star (PRIME Star +1) has thus been closed down. The channels are only available on Telenet (Belgium) and it's Yelo Play service.
- Prime Star: Main Flagship Channel
- Prime Action: Second channel focuses on thriller, action, and horror films.
- Prime Family: Third channel which focusses on family and children films.
- Prime Fezztival: Fourth channel which focuses mostly on arthouse films.
- Prime Series: Fifth channel which focuses mostly on television series.
- Prime Star +1: Timeshift version of the main channel. (Closed down in 2015)
- Prime à la carte: A Video On Demand-service that provides selected content from all the above channels on an on-demand basis.
- prime.be (Dutch)
- "8. Wat gebeurt er met Canal+?" (in Dutch). Nieuwsblad.be. July 9, 2005.