QFX (file format)
|Container for||Financial information|
|Extended from||Open Financial Exchange|
QFX is Intuit's proprietary version of the standard OFX financial interchange file format. QFX is used in Intuit's "Web Connect" and "Direct Connect" features to transmit and receive financial information over the internet.
A QFX file is a standard OFX file with additional fields to support a licensing fee paid by institutions to Intuit. In contrast, the standard OFX format is a free and open standard. Intuit's Quicken software will only import QFX files where the providing institution has paid the fee and in some cases passed quality tests, otherwise giving the error message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download". The same error message is given for Quicken users attempting to import previously downloaded QFX files with non-supported versions of Quicken (i.e. Quicken 2011 and earlier).
- QFX file extension at File-Extensions.org library
- "Intuit's Direct Connect Developer Site".
- "Official OFX FAQ". Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "Customers bemoan changes in Quicken 2005". Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "Quicken Disabled QIF In Favor of QFX". Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "Intuit Help For QFX Import Failure". Archived from the original on August 24, 2011.
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|