|Headquarters||King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Mike Capone (CEO)|
|Products||Business intelligence tools|
Data visualization tools
Big data tools
Data warehousing tools
|Revenue||US$750 million (2017)|
Qlik [pronounced "klik"] (formerly known as Qliktech) provides a business analytics platform. The software company was founded in 1993 in Lund, Sweden and is now based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States. The company's main products are Qlik Replicate and Qlik Sense, both software for business intelligence and data integration.
The company was founded in Lund, Sweden in 1993, by Bjorn Berg and Staffan Gestrelius. Its Swedish headquarters are still in Lund. The company's first product, QuikView (now called QlikView), was built to enable users to retrieve detailed data analysis from various systems. In 1993, Måns Hultman became CEO in 2000 and Lars Björk became CFO.
The first version of the product came out in 1994, and a patent application was made in 1995. QUIK, in the original name of the product, stood for Quality, Understanding, Interaction, and Knowledge.
The company focused on the area of business intelligence, growing from 35 employees in 1999 to 70 in 2003. In 2004, the firm decided to expand internationally and moved the company headquarters to the U.S., while development stayed in Lund. That year, it secured $12.5 million in venture capital funding from equity firms Accel Partners and Jerusalem Venture Partners.
In 2012, Qlik acquired expressor Software for metadata management.
In 2013, the company opened an office in Perth, Australia, due to its large consumer base in that country. In August 2015, the company expanded its research and development operations by opening an office in Ottawa, Ontario.
In 2015 Qlik acquired Vizubi and its NPrinting product.
In 2016, private equity firms Bain Capital, Permira, and Thoma Bravo submitted offers to buy Qlik. In June, the firm announced that it agreed to sell itself to Thoma Bravo for about $3 billion. In 2017, CEO Lars Bjork transitioned his responsibilities to David Murphy as interim CEO; Mike Capone was named CEO in January 2018.
In 2017, Qlik started working with Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health. The two worked together to use data to identify situations where healthcare officials could prescribe fewer opioids, helping to combat the opioid epidemic in Philadelphia.
In 2017 Idevio (Geo Analytics) was acquired by Qlik, and data catalog company Podium Data in 2018. In 2019, the company acquired an AI, natural language bot company, Crunch Data, who it had partnered with for 4 years prior to the acquisition. Crunch Data was integrated into its Insight Advisor product.
In 2020, the company acquired Knarr Analytic for its real-time collaboration and insight capture capabilities. The same year, the company acquired RoxAI for its Ping Alerting and intelligent automation software, and Blendr.io for its data integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) to allow for data integration and automation to hundreds of SaaS-based business applications. Qlik was used by the Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust NHS patient data during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom.
In 2021, the company introduced Qlik Application Automation, which automates tasks and data workflows between Qlik Cloud and SaaS applications.  The same year, the company acquired Salt Lake City-based Big Squid, a leading provider of no-code automated machine learning. The company also went on to acquire NodeGraph, a customizable metadata management solution, to help expand its analytics data pipeline capabilities.
Qlik's Associative Engine lets users do big data analytics, combining a number of data sources so that associations and connections can be formed across the data. The two main data analytics products Qlik Sense (current cloud-based software) and QlikView (legacy on-premise product) serve different purposes running on the same engine. QlikView for analyzing static data, while Qlik Sense allows concatenation of different data sources, allowing drill-down on an individual data record.
The Qlik Data Analytics Platform (QDA) offers direct access to Qlik's Associative data engine through open and standard APIs.Qlik Data Catalyst is an enterprise data catalog management product.and Qlik Core is an analytics development platform built around Qlik's Associative engine and company-authored open source libraries.
As add-on products, Qlik GeoAnalytics provides mapping capabilities and built-in support for geoanalytic use cases, Qlik DataMarket provides access to a cloud-based service with a variety of external data content that can be used to cross-reference and augment users’ data,  and Qlik Connectors are tools that allow QlikView and Qlik Sense to interact with external data sources not accessible through normal ODBC or OLE-DB data connections
The Qlik Data Integration platform, (QDI) includes Qlik Replicate for data replication and real-time data ingestion, Qlik Catalog for organizing data, and Qlik Compose for data lakes and data warehouse automation.
- "Qlik Profile". Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- "JVP makes 4,000% return on QlikTech". Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- "Meet our Mentors – Staffan Gestrelius, co-founder of Qliktech - Ideon Science Park | Nordic Life Science Insight". www.nlsinsight.com. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- "The Success Stories You Probably Haven't Heard Of: Qlik". Øresund Startups. April 27, 2014. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- "Success Stories". Industrifonden. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- "Google Translate". translate.google.com. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- Bourne, James (September 16, 2019). "Elif Tutuk, Qlik: On securing data literacy and the evolution of AI with BI". AI News. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- "Qlik". Industrifonden. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- JVP makes 4,000% return on QlikTech Archived December 3, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Lars Björk Is The Big Winner of the Qlik Takeover - Swedish Startup Space" (in Swedish). Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- "Qlik Announces CEO Transition". Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- "JVP Venture Capital". About. February 5, 2011.
- "QlikTech Acquires Expressor Software to Deliver the Data Users Need with the Governance IT Requires". www.businesswire.com. June 12, 2012. Retrieved July 13, 2021.
- Dinham, Peter. "QlikTech new appointment, new WA office". ITWire.
- QlikTech new appointment, new WA office
- DZG (August 24, 2015). "Qlik opens first Canadian R&D office in Kanata". KRP Properties. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- "NPrinting – What it is and why you will like it - Functionalities and Benefits of Qlik NPrinting 17". element61. April 29, 2016. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "Lars Björk Is The Big Winner of the Qlik Takeover - Swedish Startup Space". swedishstartupspace.com (in Swedish). Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- "Qlik Tech Said to Draw Bids From Thoma Bravo, Bain, Permira". July 4, 2019. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- "Thoma Bravo to buy analytics firm Qlik in $3 billion deal". Reuters. June 2, 2016. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- "Qlik Announces CEO Transition". www.businesswire.com. October 11, 2017. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- Macaulay, Tom. "Qlik touts industry's only end-to-end data platform after Attunity buy". ComputerworldUK. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- Dietsche, Erin (June 15, 2017). "Jefferson Health utilizes Qlik for analytics support". MedCity News. Retrieved November 5, 2019.
- "How Data Analytics Has Curbed the Prescription of Opioids in Philly". Philadelphia Magazine. July 17, 2019. Retrieved November 5, 2019.
- Olavsrud, Thor (March 19, 2019). "Culture key to data-driven transformation at Jefferson Health". CIO. Retrieved November 5, 2019.
- Times, Jen A. Miller Twitter Jen A. Miller is author of Running: A. Love Story Her work has appeared in The New York; Post, Washington; Dive, C. I. O.; Dive, Supply Chain; Oakley, Runner's World She lives in N. J. with her dog Annie. "How Predictive Analytics in Healthcare Is Changing Hospitals". Technology Solutions That Drive Healthcare. Retrieved November 5, 2019.
|first1=has generic name (help)
- Chanthadavong, Aimee. "Sydney healthcare clinicians turn to data analytics to improve back pain treatments". ZDNet. Retrieved November 5, 2019.
- "Qlik Takes to the Cloud, Buys GeoAnalytics Firm". Datanami. January 26, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Brust, Andrew. "Podium Data becomes Qlik Data Catalyst". ZDNet. Retrieved July 5, 2021.
- "Qlik analytics platform keeps focus on active intelligence". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved July 5, 2021.
- Brust, Andrew. "Qlik to Acquire Attunity for $560M". ZDNet. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- "Qlik's CrunchBot acquisition adds AI chatbot to analytics". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "New NLP capabilities highlight Qlik Sense update". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved July 5, 2021.
- "Attunity CEO: We can help Qlik grow in big data". Globes. February 24, 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2021.
- "Active intelligence continues to guide Qlik roadmap". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved July 7, 2021.
- Caffrey, Michelle (August 25, 2020). "Qlik's growth strategy continues with acquisition of Atlanta firm's IP and assets". Philadelphia Business Journal. Retrieved October 16, 2020.
- SCHLABACH, ALIZA. "Why KOP-based Qlik is acquiring London startup RoxAI".
- Avidon, Eric. "Active intelligence continues to guide Qlik roadmap". Search Business Analytics.
- Leopold, George (October 22, 2020). "Qlik Continues Buying Spree with Blendr.io Deal".
- Avidon, Eric (June 3, 2021). "AI capabilities a target for merger and acquisition activity".
- "NHS trust expedites data management with Qlik in pandemic". ComputerWeekly.com. Retrieved March 10, 2021.
- "Qlik bursts out of data vis, makes play for automation". www.theregister.com. Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- King, Timothy (September 28, 2021). "Qlik Follows Up Blendr.io Acquisition with New Application Automation Tool". Best Data Integration Vendors, News & Reviews for Big Data, Applications, ETL and Hadoop. Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- TechBuzz. "Qlik Acquires Big Squid". www.techbuzz.news. Retrieved December 10, 2021.
- Whiting, Rick (September 30, 2021). "Qlik Expands Into Machine Learning Realm With Big Squid Acquisition". CRN. Retrieved December 10, 2021.
- Livemint (August 13, 2021). "Qlik acquires NodeGraph to enhance analytics capabilities". mint. Retrieved December 10, 2021.
- "Qlik named as Challenger in Gartner MQ for Data Integration Tools for 6th consecutive year". channellife.com.au. Retrieved December 10, 2021.
- Cameron (CMO), Nadia. "CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 19 August 21". www.cmo.com.au. Retrieved December 10, 2021.
- "Qlik Announces Confidential Submission of Draft Registration Statement Related to Proposed Public Offering". Qlik. Retrieved January 10, 2022.
- "Qlik Research head talks Associative Engine, NLP and Data Swarm". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- "Associative Data Modeling Demystified: Part V - DZone Big Data". dzone.com. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- "Qlik Sense vs. QlikView: How the two Qlik tools compare". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved July 9, 2021.
- "Tableau or Qlik: What separates the data visualization tools?". SearchBusinessAnalytics. Retrieved July 9, 2021.
- "Blog - QlikView vs. Qlik Sense". Prima Consulting UK.
- "Qlik Sense Server vs. Qlik Analytics Platform". Analytics8. June 3, 2016. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- King, Timothy (February 23, 2021). "The 20 Best Data Catalog Tools and Software for 2021". Best Data Management Software, Vendors and Data Science Platforms. Retrieved July 9, 2021.
- "Qlik Data Catalyst™ - Analytical data pre-processing "on-demand" for QlikView & Qlik Sense". www.informatec.com. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- Kokenes, Speros. "Qlik Core Jump Start". www.axisgroup.com. Retrieved October 9, 2019.
- Henschen, Doug. "Qlik hits reset button, rolls out new cloud, AI, and developer capabilities". ZDNet. Retrieved October 9, 2019.
- "Qlik GeoAnalytics | Informatec". www.informatec.com. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- "Qlik DataMarket". Ometis. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- "Qlik Sense". BI Survey. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- "Overview | Qlik connectors". Aculytics.
- King, Timothy (June 11, 2021). "DBTA 100 2021: 20 Data Integration Vendors Our Editors Are Tracking".
- Carew, Joseph M. (February 4, 2021). "Data catalog comparison to help you choose your best fit".
- Brust, Andrew (July 24, 2020). "Azure Synapse Analytics: A progress report".