|Born||9 February 1956|
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Residence||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Awards||Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award (2000)
J.C. Bose National Fellowship (2010–15, 2015-20)
Mahalanobis International Award (2017)P.V. Sukhatme National Award in Statistics (2018)
Rahul Mukerjee is an Indian academic and statistician. He is a professor of statistics, in the higher academic grade, at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He is also a J.C. Bose National Fellow, Government of India.
Mukerjee completed his BSc (Hons) and MSc degrees in Statistics at the University of Calcutta, with rank first in the first class in each case. He received his PhD in Statistics in 1982 from the University of Calcutta.
After completing his education, Mukerjee taught briefly at University of Calcutta and then at the Indian Statistical Institute, where he was awarded an out-of-turn promotion to full professorship at the age of thirty three. He joined IIM Calcutta as a full professor in 1989. At IIM-C, Mukerjee teaches courses in the fields of Statistics and Mathematics. In addition to his full-time position at IIM Calcutta, he has held short- or long-term visiting positions in many institutions around the world, including Harvard University, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, University of Michigan, Pennsylvania State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Georgia, University of Florida, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Simon Fraser University, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Hiroshima University, University of Hong Kong, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Nankai University, Seoul National University, National University of Singapore, University of Malaya, Kuwait University and University of São Paulo.
- Recipient, Indian Science Congress Association Young Scientists' Award, 1985.
- Honored Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, USA, 1999.
- Recipient, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award, in mathematical sciences, 2000; highest award in science from Government of India. 
- Recipient, National Award in Statistics in honour of C.R. Rao, 2001, Government of India.
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, 2001.
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, 2003.
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India, 2003.
- Recipient, J.C. Bose National Fellowship, 2010–15 and 2015-20,  Government of India.
- Member, National Statistical Commission, 2013-16, Government of India.
- Recipient, Mahalanobis International Award, 2017 International Statistical Institute.
- Recipient, P.V. Sukhatme National Award in Statistics, 2018, Government of India.
Rahul Mukerjee has authored or co-authored 5 books and over 240 papers.
- "Randomized Response: Theory and Techniques" (1988, with A. Chaudhuri), Marcel Dekker.
- "A Calculus for Factorial Arrangements" (1989, with S. Gupta), Springer-Verlag.
- "Fractional Factorial Plans" (1999, with A. Dey), John Wiley & Sons.
- "Probability Matching Priors: Higher Order Asymptotics" (2004, with G.S. Datta), Springer-Verlag.
- "A Modern Theory of Factorial Design" (2006, with C.F. Jeff Wu), Springer-Verlag.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee – Main". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee – Academics". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee – Experience". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Institute of Mathematical Statistics: Honored IMS Fellows". imstat.org. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "The Indian Express: 10 scientists nominated for Bhatnagar Awards". expressindia.com. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Indian Academy of Sciences: Fellow Profile". ias.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Indian National Science Academy: Indian Fellow". insaindia.org. Retrieved 20 February 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "National Academy of Sciences, India: Fellows". ias.ac.in. Archived from the original on 27 December 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee – Research". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.