Number of locations
|2000 retail stores (as of Feb 2017)|
|Mukesh Ambani (Chairman and MD), Brian Bade (CEO)|
|Products||Consumer Durables and Information Technology|
|Revenue||US$910 Million (2015-16)|
Reliance Digital is a consumer durables and information technology concept from Reliance Retail. It is a subsidiary of Reliance Retail, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries.
Reliance Digital is a consumer electronics company in India. The first Reliance Digital Store was opened on 24 April 2007 in Delhi. Currently there are around 2000 Reliance Digital & Reliance Digital Xpress Mini Stores in around 600 cities in India. The stores are spread across the states of Maharashtra (Mumbai, Pune), Gujarat (Ahmedabad), Delhi NCR, Karnataka (Bangalore, Mangalore, Mysore, Hubli), Kerala, Tamil Nadu (Chennai, Madurai, Salem, Coimbatore) and Telangana (Hyderabad). Reliance Digital Stores are bigger in size than the other format Digital Xpress Mini stores. The company plans to ramp up its current store count of 1200 stores to 2500 by the end of 2017.
Digital Xpress Mini
Digital Xpress Mini Stores are relatively smaller in size than Reliance Digital. These stores are about 250 square feet and mainly sell the company's telecom services, smartphones, tablets and also accessories of other brands. There are around more than 1700 Digtial Xpress Mini stores as of the Feb 2017.
resQ is the service arm of Reliance Digital / Digital Xpress and Digital Xpress mini stores, which caters to customers for after sales service. resQ is India’s first Multi product, Multi brand, Multi-location service facility which offers service from 10am to 10pm, 365 days a year. The resQ Care Plans offer scheduled preventive maintenance visits and Standby units in special cases.
Reliance Digital launched its private label of products branded "RECONNECT" in October, 2011. Reconnect product range covers over 200 products, from the latest large-screen LED TVs, Star-rated Air conditioners, Washing Machines, Smartphones, Tablets to household appliances & personal care products. Major all products comes with a 2-year warranty, while accessories product warranty vary from 6 months to 1 year.
Awards & Recognitions
Reliance Digital, the consumer electronics & durables arm of Reliance Retail has been recognised as ‘Best Indian Retailer – CDIT & Telecommunications’ at the Franchise India “Indian Retail Show 2014” held in Gurgaon.
- "Reliance Digital: A new Reliance Retail Venture". MeriNews. 24 April 2007. Retrieved 25 April 2007.
- "Reliance Retail Overview". Business week.
- "Reliance Digital is on Massive Expansion Mode". Telecom Talk.
- "Reliance Digital: A new Reliance Retail Venture". Meri News. Retrieved 25 April 2007.
- "Why Reliance Retail is expanding in a slow market when others are hesitant". The Economic Times. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- dna india. "Reliance Digital to set up 400 stores in two years". Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- economictimes (April 14, 2014). "Reliance to open 2,000 exclusive outlets to sell telecom products".
- TheFreeLibrary (December 2, 2011). "Reliance Digital's resQ Care Plan Offers Exciting Discounts".
- "About Us". iStore. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "iStore About Us". iStore.
- "Reconnect Label". meri News. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- "Lyf Flame 1, Lyf Wind 6 Dual-SIM 4G Smartphones Launched in India". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Reliance Digital wins Best Indian Retailer award". Media Newsline. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|