Mukesh Ambani (Chairman)V Subramaniam (CEO)
|Revenue||INR 450 billion (9 months ending December 2017) (2017-18)|
|Profit After Tax INR 7 billion|
|Parent||Reliance Industries Limited|
Reliance Retail Ltd. is a subsidiary company of Reliance Industries Limited. Founded in 2006 and based in Mumbai, it is the largest retailer in India in terms of revenue. Its retail outlets offer foods, groceries, apparel and footwear, lifestyle and home improvement products, electronic goods, and farm implements and inputs. The company’s outlets also provide vegetables, fruits and flowers. It focuses on consumer goods, consumer durables, travel services, energy, entertainment and leisure, and health and well-being products, as well as on educational products and services.
It has a total of 3,751 stores as of December 2017 in India with an area of over 14.5 million square feet across 750 cities.
It had a turnover of Rs. 337 billion in the financial year 2016-17.
Reliance Retail has announced revenues of Rs. 450 billion for the nine months ended December 2017 for financial year 2017-18, showing of over 90% jump from the corresponding previous period. The company also reported a profit of Rs. 7 billion for the period.
Subsidiaries & divisions
There are over 45 Subsidiaries & divisions of Reliance Retail. Following is the list of major divisions:
- Reliance Fresh: Retail outlets of fruits, vegetables & groceries.
- Reliance Digital: Consumer Electronics retail stores. It had 689 stores in October 2014.
- Reliance LYF: 4G mobile handset manufacturer based in Mumbai, founded in 2015.
- Reliance Jewels: Jewelry retail; it had revenues of approx. Rs. 8 billion in financial year 2012-13.
- Reliance Time Out: Lifestyle store of Books, Music, Movies, Toys, Gaming, Fragrances, Stationery.
- Reliance Trends, Reliance Footprint and Reliance Living: Apparel and Clothing. It had revenues of approx. Rs. 16 billion in financial year 2012-13 with a store count of 287.
- Reliance Market, Reliance market - Wholesale Cash n Carry: It had revenues of approx. Rs. 1.6 billion in financial year 2012-13.
- AJIO: One of the company’s first forays into e-commerce – a fashion website, officially launched at the Lakme Fashion Week SS16 with the philosophy ‘Doubt is Out’.
- "Ambani tops retailer list, too". Business Standard. Retrieved 19 Aug 2013.
- "Subsidiaries of Reliance Retail Limited". ril.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Few RIL retail arms still making losses". Business Standard. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Reliance Retail's growth trail". The Hindu Businessline. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Fashion Has A New Destination – AJIO.com". sassyshifsays.in. 4 Apr 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2016.