Chief Executive of General Atomics Global Corporation
|Born||5 March 1969 (age 51)|
|Occupation||Currently: Chief Executive at General Atomics Previously: Vice President, Aeronautics Strategy and Business Development at Lockheed Martin between January 2018 to April 2020, before joining Lockheed Martin, Vivek Lall was Global Chief Executive in charge of Commercial strategic development at General Atomics between August 2014 to December 2017. He was also Chief executive officer & president, Reliance Industries for over 3 years (between April 2011 to August 2014). Vivek had longest stint with Boeing, from Sept 1996 to April 2011.|
Vivek Lall, a world renowned aerospace and defence leader has been appointed as Chief Executive of US defence and nuclear giant General Atomics Global Corporation on Sunday.  Before joining General Atomics, Dr Lall worked with Lockheed Martin till April this year, and held key positions with Boeing and Reliance. It is Dr Lall's second stint with General Atomics, he has earlier worked with the company from August 2014 to December 2017. He has also worked as CEO and President of Reliance New Ventures Reliance Industries Limited. Dr. Lall was heading the Boeing (Defence and Space) operations in India from 2007 till April 2011. Dr. Lall previously worked for the US-based global defense and nuclear giant General Atomics as the global Chief Executive for international Commercial Strategic Development for General Atomics. He has been also recognized as one of the world's top scientists of the twentieth century by Cambridge. General Atomics is best known for manufacturing one of the most important tools in modern warfare: the Predator, an unmanned spy plane used by the US in many global engagements. As Chief Executive he had US and international responsibilities of strategic development of systems like EMALS. Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) is a complete launch system designed to replace the existing steam catapult currently being used on U.S. Navy aircraft carriers. EMALS is being considered by the Indian Navy for its forthcoming aircraft carrier.
He was also affiliated with the United Nations in New York to advise on Broadband and Cyber Security issues for challenges within the global community and provide services that will help address them.
Vivek was born on 5 March 1969 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Dr. Lall began his technical education at Canada’s Carleton University and earned his bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. He was also instrumental in conducting research on single-engine blades for Canada’s National Aeronautical Establishment. Vivek completed his Aeronautical Engineering master's degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida. He also has done his PhD in Aerospace and an MBA from US. He then worked with NASA Ames Research Center where he was part of a project undertaking research work. With a fellowship from NASA, he finished his PhD in aerospace engineering at Wichita State University, Kansas.
During his tenure in defense company Raytheon, he worked on the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) Beechcraft T-6 Texan II. He also worked on various disciplines at the NASA Ames Research Center. In 1996, Vivek joined The Boeing Company as an aerospace engineer and working on computational fluid dynamics and air elasticity and loads and dynamics for the 757-300 and 777 aircraft. He moved from engineering to management and later. In 2003, Boeing moved Vivek to Delhi, India, as managing director of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. During his tenure, Boeing secured $25 billion worth of commercial aircraft business in India. In May 2007, Vivek was appointed as Vice-President and Country Head for India, Boeing Defense Space & Security. Under his leadership, Boeing concluded the US-India defence deals for C17 strategic lift, P-8I Anti-submarine warfare aircraft and Harpoon Missiles. Vivek has previously worked with another defence company, Raytheon. At Reliance, Vivek undertakes production of aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, onboard equipment and various defence equipment in collaboration with foreign partners.
- Vivek was appointed as Chairman of the Indo-US Strategic Dialogue by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce. In August 2011
- Vivek was appointed as Distinguished Fellow at India's think tank Observer Research Foundation.
- He also served as Chairman of the Defense Committee of The Association of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- NP, Ullekh (1 May 2011). "Ex-Boeing employee Vivek Lall: Meet Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries' new soldier". Economic Times. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Dr Vivek Lall appointed Chief Executive of General Atomics". Defence Star. 1 June 2020.
- Mehdudia, Sujay (10 July 2013). "Vivek Lall to head US India general aviation working group". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- India, Press Trust of (26 August 2014). "Aerospace expert Vivek Lall quits RIL" – via Business Standard.
- "..:: India Strategic ::. Appointments: Dr Vivek Lall joins General Atomics". www.indiastrategic.in.
- "HugeDomains.com - SecuringAsia.com is for sale (Securing Asia)". www.hugedomains.com.
- Joshi, Saurabh (26 August 2014). "Vivek Lall quits Reliance for General Atomics".
- "Indian cyber security whiz Vivek Lall appointed special advisor to UN". The Financial Express. Press Trust of India. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Vivek Lall to drive UN policy on cyber security". Hindustan Times. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Shukla, Tarun; Malik Aman. "Ex-Boeing executive Vivek Lall may join Reliance Industries". Mint. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Joshi, Saurabh (19 April 2011). "Vivek Lall leading new RIL tech venture".
- "Boeing bullish on Indian defense market". NDTV. 19 August 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Company Overview of Boeing International Corporation India Private Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Boeing in Pact With Hindustan Aeronautics To Buy P-8I Plane Doors". Fox Business Network. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Boeing gets equipment from BEL for Indian Navy aircraft". Deccan Herald. Indo-Asian News Service. 12 May. Retrieved 25 April 2014. Check date values in:
- Mohan, Man (23 May 2013). "RIL bags strategic military aviation tie-up with Boeing US aerospace major to source 30% of its components from Reliance". The Tribune. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Chauhan, RS (10 July 2012). "Reliance-backed consortium bags Rs 1000 cr deal to install CCTVs in Mumbai". Rediff.com. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Aerospace expert Vivek Lall joins Lockheed Martin". @businessline.
- Mehdudia, Sujay (4 October 2013). "Vivek Lall to head US India general aviation working group". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Mehdudia, Sujay (1 August 2013). "Towards cyber defence". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Mehdudia, Sujay (24 December 2013). "Expert recommends enhanced focus on cyber security". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 April 2014.