|Author||Rollie Fingers and Yellowstone Ritter|
|Cover artist||Jerry Dowling|
|Media type||Print (softcover )|
|LC Class||GV873 .F47 2009|
Rollie's Follies: Hall of Fame Revue of Baseball Lists and Lore, Stories And Stats was first published in 2009 by Clerisy Press. Baseball Hall of Famer Rollie Fingers enlists backstage humorist Yellowstone Ritter to develop an inventive look at baseball.
The book is divided into 54 chapters including humorous lists, essays and the mustachioed MVP's own major league memories. The illustrations of Jerry Dowling (the award-winning Cincinnati cartoonist) nationally known for his caricatures of Marge Schott are used on the cover and throughout the book.
The chapters covers current baseball figures and historical facts with titles such as:
- "The Fallen Smelt"
- "The Phat Albert Dossier"
- "The All-Time Lefty Team"
- "The Japanese Factor"
- "Bucky Dent Revisited"
- "Disco Demolition Night"
- "Sausages and Presidents"
- "The Changing Role of the Closer (1950–2005)"
- "The Switch Is On" (The tale of switch-pitcher Pat Venditte successfully playing a game of cat and mouse against a switch-hitter)
|This article about a non-fiction book on trivia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|