The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Compatible networks||GSM 900/1800/1900, UMTS 2100 MHz, GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA|
|Availability by country||November 2007|
|Dimensions||112 x 56 x 15.9 mm|
|Data inputs||Touch screen, Predictive Text Input, QWERTY keyboard|
|Display||440 x 240 pixel, 262k color touch screen|
|Rear camera||3.15 Megapixel|
|Connectivity||USB, Bluetooth, 2.5 mm jack|
The SGH-F700 is a mobile phone manufactured by Samsung. Using Vodafone as its network provider, the phone was first introduced at the 3GSM World Congress that was held in February 2007. Sales to the European market started November 2007.
|Photo with slid out kb|
|showing rounded corners|
The phone has a 3.2" color display and incorporates a touch screen/touch pad interaction system and a slide-out QWERTY key pad. The phone contains a 3 megapixel camera. Furthermore, the handset is HSDPA and Bluetooth 2.0 compatible and possesses USB and microSD memory slots. A Korean design patent for this black, rectangular, round-cornered phone was filed by Samsung in December 2006 prior to the release of the image of the iPhone but after the release of the HTC TyTn which it resembles with its rectangular design and slide out keyboard.
The touchscreen allows the control of the entire handset. The "Croix UI" was awarded the iF Communication Design Award for 2007.
- Networks: GSM 900/1800/1900, UMTS 2100 MHz
- Data Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS (3G), HSDPA
- Display: 440 x 240 pixel, 262k color with resistive touch screen
- Camera: 3.15 megapixels with video, flash and auto-focus
- Multimedia: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP3, AAC+, eAAC+, Real
- Memory: microSD/SDHC (T-Flash)
- Input: Touch screen, Predictive Text Input, sliding QWERTY keyboard
- Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm jack
- "Samsung Press Release". Samsung. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- "Samsung Mobile UK | Products | All Mobile Phones | F700 | OVERVIEW". Samsung UK. Retrieved 2008-06-09.
- Paul M. Barrett, Apple's War on Android, March 29, 2012, Bloomberg Business Week
- "Verizon Announces Samsung Glyde". verizonwireless.com. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- "Samsung SGH-F700 specs, features, and information (Phone Arena)". phoneArena.com. Retrieved 2008-06-09.