Samsung Ultra Smart F700
|Compatible networks||GSM 900/1800/1900, UMTS 2100 MHz, GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA|
|Availability by region||November 2007|
|Dimensions||112 x 56 x 15.9 mm|
|Display||440 x 240 pixel, 262k color touch screen|
|Rear camera||3.15 Megapixel|
|Connectivity||USB, Bluetooth, 2.5 mm jack|
|Data inputs||Touch screen, Predictive Text Input, QWERTY keyboard|
The SGH-F700, marketed as the Ultra Smart F700, is a mobile phone manufactured by Samsung. Using Vodafone as its network provider, the phone was first introduced at the 3GSM World Congress that was held in February 2007. Sales to the European market started November 2007.
|Photo with slid out kb|
|showing rounded corners|
The phone has a 3.2" color display and incorporates a touch screen/touch pad interaction system and a slide-out QWERTY key pad. The phone contains a 3.15 megapixel camera (early reports claimed a 5-megapixel sensor). Furthermore, the handset is HSDPA and Bluetooth 2.0 compatible and possesses USB and microSD memory slots. A Korean design patent for this black, rectangular, round-cornered phone was filed by Samsung in December 2006 prior to the release of the image of the iPhone but after the release of the HTC TyTn which it resembles with its rectangular design and slide out keyboard.
The touchscreen allows the control of the entire handset. The "Croix UI" was awarded the iF Communication Design Award for 2007. A Trusted Reviews article said that the Ultra Smart F700 "kicks iPhone's butt."
The F700 was succeeded by the Samsung F490 in 2008.
- Networks: GSM 900/1800/1900, UMTS 2100 MHz
- Data Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS (3G), HSDPA
- Display: 440 x 240 pixel, 262k color with resistive touch screen
- Camera: 3.15 megapixels with video, flash and auto-focus
- Multimedia: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP3, AAC+, eAAC+, Real
- Memory: microSD/SDHC (T-Flash)
- Input: Touch screen, Predictive Text Input, sliding QWERTY keyboard
- Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm jack
- Samsung P520 Giorgio Armani
- Samsung G800
- Samsung i900 Omnia
- Samsung U900 Soul
- LG Viewty
- LG Prada
- Nokia N95
- "Samsung Ultra Smart F700".
- "Samsung Press Release". Samsung. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- "Samsung Mobile UK | Products | All Mobile Phones | F700 | OVERVIEW". Samsung UK. Retrieved 2008-06-09.
- Paul M. Barrett, Apple's War on Android, March 29, 2012, Bloomberg Business Week
- https://web.archive.org/web/20181117233816/https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-ultra-smart-f700-kicks-iphone-butt-2739489 , archived from the original, which is no longer online: https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-ultra-smart-f700-kicks-iphone-butt-2739489
- "Verizon Announces Samsung Glyde". verizonwireless.com. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- "Samsung SGH-F700 specs, features, and information (Phone Arena)". phoneArena.com. Retrieved 2008-06-09.