Seleksi Bersama Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In Indonesia, the Seleksi Bersama Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri (Joint Entrance Selection of State Universities) or abbreviated SBMPTN is a college entrance exam for admission of new students in state universities using written examinations nationally, which has various advantages, both for college applicants, public universities, as well as national interests. For college applicants, written exams are very profitable because they are more efficient, cheaper, and flexible due to cross-regional mechanisms.
Based on its history, the beginning of SBMPTN implementation starts from the implementation of Seleksi Nasional Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri through written test (SNMPTN Tulis) held in 2008. At that time, SNMPTN is organized by Dirjen Dikti Kemendikbud (Directorate General of Higher Education of Ministry of Education and Culture). But since 2013 submitted to the Majelis Rektor Perguruan Tinggi Negeri Indonesia (MRPTNI). Based on the very long experience in executing the selection of new admissions through written examination, in 2013, MRPTNI held a written test as one form of admission to PTN in addition to SNMPTN. This test put forward the principle of trust and togetherness is called Seleksi Bersama Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri (SBMPTN).
Written exams use test questions developed in such way that meet the requirements for validity, difficulty level, and sufficient distinguishing features. The written exam of SBMPTN is designed to measure the general capabilities that allegedly determine the success of prospective students in all courses, namely higher-order thinking, which includes academic potential, mastery of basic subject areas: the field of Saintek (Sains dan Teknologi or Soshum (Sosial dan Humaniora) fields. In addition to taking a written exam, participants who choose the course of Arts and / or Sports are required to take a skill exam.
The number of state universities incorporated into SBMPTN for the first time in 2013 is as much as 62 state universities and by 2015 it is estimated to increase to 77 state universities. This is caused by the number of new colleges and Islamic universities, which previously was in the Kementerian Agama (Ministry of Religious Affair) then delegated to the Kementerian Ristek dan Dikti (Ministry of Research and Technology and the Directorate of Higher Education).
Type of Exam
- Tes Kemampuan Potensi Akademik (TKPA) consists of the ability of Basic Mathematics, Indonesian, and English.
- Tes Kemampuan Dasar Sains dan Teknologi (TKD Saintek) consists of the ability of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Tes Kemampuan Dasar Sosial dan Humaniora (TKD Soshum) consists of Sociology, History, Geography, and Economics abilities.
- Skills examination is for those who interested in Arts and Sport Science Study Program.
- The Arts Skills Exam consists of a test of knowledge and skills in the field of arts.
- The Sports Science Skills Exam consists of medical tests and physical fitness.
- The Skills Exam can be followed at the nearest state university who has the selected course. A complete list of state universities which provide skills exam can be viewed on the page
|Admission tests to colleges and universities|