|English: Somalia, Wake Up|
National anthem of Somalia
|Lyrics||Ali Mire Awale|
|Music||Yusuf Haji Adan, Ali Mire Awale, 1947|
Soomaaliyeey toosoo is a well-known Somali song that dates from the early 1940s. According to the Somali government, it was written by Yusuf Haji Adan in 1947. However, some sources suggest that it was written by Ali Mire Awale and Yusuf Haji Adan sometime in the 1940s.
It was sung to mark independence day on July 1, 1960, and was regularly performed by children in the mornings at schools. Soomaaliyeey toosoo was officially adopted in 2000.
|Original Somali lyrics (1947)|
English translation of chorus
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Stop fighting each other
- Come back with strength and joy and do be friends again
- It's time to look forward and take command
- Defeat your enemies and unite once again.
- become strong again and again
- History of Somalia
- Flag of Somalia
- National anthem of Somalia (1960–2000)
- Qolobaa Calankeed - national anthem 2005-present
- "Somalia - National Anthem". CIA. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Cahoon, Ben. "Somalia". worldstatesmen.org. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Somali Government Archived November 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Camel in Somali Oral Tradition" by Axmed Cali Abokor ISBN 91-7106-269-6
- "Somalia". nationalanthems.info. 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2018-03-28.