|English: We Pledge|
|Qasaman / Tagallit|
National anthem of Algeria
|Also known as||Qassaman|
|Lyrics||Mufdi Zakariah, 1955|
|Music||Mohamed Fawzi, 1963|
The lyrics were written by Mufdi Zakariah in 1956 while imprisoned by French colonial forces. He wrote the verses using his blood on the walls of the prison's 69th cell. The composer of the music is the Egyptian Musician Mohamed Fawzi. The lyrics of Kassaman make direct reference to another state, France, the former colonial power in Algeria.
- "Algeria: Qassaman". NationalAnthems.me. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- Streaming audio, lyrics and info
- Lyrics in Arabic
- MP3 version of Kassaman
- The musical score, the text in arabic and french, on the Presidency's Website
- Watch the Algerian Anthem, with arabic lyrics and war pictures archives
- Watch the People's National Army singing the Algerian Anthem