|Location||Jefferson County, Colorado, United States|
8501 West Bowles Avenue|
Littleton, Colorado 80123
|Management||General Growth Properties|
|Owner||General Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||150|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||1,360,000 square feet (126,348.1 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Southwest Plaza is an enclosed shopping mall located in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado, United States, immediately south of Denver. "Littleton" is commonly indicated in the mall's postal address because its ZIP code is primarily associated with that city, which lies some two miles east. The mall has two levels with over 150 stores, plus a food court. Anchor stores include Dillard's, JCPenney, Macy's, and Sears, with Dick's Sporting Goods and Steve & Barry's added in late 2007, although the latter closed in 2009. General Growth Properties owns and manages Southwest Plaza.
The first store to open at Southwest Plaza was The Denver Dry Goods Company, which opened in late 1982. By 1983, the mall opened, with additional anchor stores including May-Daniels & Fisher (May D&F), Montgomery Ward, Sears, and Joslins. In 1987, the May Company, then owners of May D&F, acquired Denver Dry Goods; since May Company already operated a May D&F store at the mall, the Denver Dry Goods store was sold to JCPenney. Joslins was converted to Dillard's in 1998. Montgomery Ward closed in 2001 as the chain shuttered the last of its stores nationwide; their store at Southwest Plaza was converted to a new Dillard's store in 2006, with the former Dillard's (in the former Joslins) being shuttered. As of late 2007, Dick's Sporting Goods and Steve & Barry's were added, each occupying a level of the former Dillard's. The latter closed in 2009, however, due to the closure of the chain. As of April 2014 the mall is undergoing a multimillion-dollar redevelopment expected to be complete in the fall of 2015.
- "Southwest Plaza center information". Malls.Com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- "Penney's buying 2 suburban units of Denver Dry Goods Co. (brief article)". Daily News Record. 1987-03-05. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- Vasquez, Beverly (1998-05-22). "Dillard's double play". Denver Business Journal. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- Cosme, Nicole (2006-08-24). "New stores on tap for Southwest Plaza". YourHub.com. Archived from the original on 2007-08-20. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- "Southwest Plaza Renovation". Southwestplaza.com. Retrieved 2014-05-13.