Suining County, Jiangsu
Location in Xuzhou
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,767 km2 (682 sq mi)|
|• Density||820/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Suining County (simplified Chinese: 睢宁县; traditional Chinese: 睢寧縣; pinyin: Suīníng Xiàn; Wade–Giles: Sui-ning) is under the administration of Xuzhou, Jiangsu province, China; it is the southernmost county-level division of Xuzhou and borders the prefecture-level cities of Suqian to the east and Suzhou of Anhui to the south and west.
Suining basically was a part of former Suiling (睢陵) county by the Han. The seat of the Suiling was relocated to present-day Suining druing the Three Kingdoms, and Suiling was merged into Suqian later. In 1218, it became a separate county seated at the old walled city of Suqian, and named "Suining" (literally: Bring peace to the Sui basin). The county was defunct in early Yuan, but restored in 1275. It was under Pizhou of Huai'an until Pizhou became a part of Xuzhou in 1733.
The ancient city Xiapi, where Pizhou used to seated is located in Gupi (古邳) Town.
The county is divided into 19 township-level divisions, for 3 subdistricts: Suicheng, Suihe, Jincheng, and 16 towns: Yaoji, Qiuji, Wangji, Weiji, Lanshan, Qing'an, Guanshan, Taoyuan, Gupi, Liangji, Shuanggou, Lingcheng, Shaji, Liji, Gaozuo.
- Suining Senior High School
- Wenhua Middle School
- Ninghai Middle School
- Jinghua Middle School
- Shuren Middle School
- Liji Middle School
Xuzhou Guanyin Airport is located in Shuanggou Town.
There will be two stations were built in Suining alongside the Xuzhou–Suqian–Huai'an–Yancheng High-Speed Railway.
- 中国历史大辞典·历史地理卷 [The Great Encyclopaedia of Chinese history, Volume on Historical Geography] (in Chinese). Shanghai Cishu Press. 1996. p. 944. ISBN 7-5326-0299-0.
- Gu, Zuyu. 讀史方輿紀要 [Essentials of Geography for Reading History]. 22.
- 江苏市县概况 [A Survey of Cities and Counties in Jiangsu] (in Chinese). pp. 123–6. ISBN 978-7-55-373496-5.
- "Archived copy" “十三五”期间徐州市将新建高铁241公里. Jiangsu Provincial People's Government (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2016-12-20.
|This Jiangsu location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|