|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Ubisoft article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Ubisoft Chengdu was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 12 April 2014 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into Ubisoft. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|Ubidays was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 08 December 2009 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into Ubisoft. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Morrowind
- 2 Upcoming games published by Ubisoft
- 3 List of games
- 4 PowerReg Scheduler
- 5 Vandalism
- 6 Ubisoft cat
- 7 Official pronunciation
- 8 Latin root, perhaps?
- 9 Changing "Driver" Release date.
- 10 Harvest Moon
- 11 New studio
- 12 Already Developing for Next Generation
- 13 Removed "Ubisoft ranked 21st"
- 14 Ubisoft Libya
- 15 Vandalism
- 16 "Controversy" - last paragraph citing a satire?
- 17 Vandalism?
- 18 Adding to controversy.
- 19 "Ubisoft is the third independent publisher of video games worldwide"
- 20 Semi-protection?
I've added Morrowind to the list of games published by Ubisoft. I'm guessing because the Morrowind article (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind) states Bethesda as publisher as well as developer, that Bethesda published the game in North America.
Regardless, both the original game and Game of the Year edition that I bought here in Ireland, were published by Ubisoft. I'll double-check re: the xbox version (a family member has that).
Upcoming games published by Ubisoft
Should Assassins Creed have Xbox 360, PC, and Wii by the side of this since it has not been confirmed (nor fully denied by Ubisoft) that it is coming out of these platforms. Plus I don't think there has been any speculation for it even coming out for the Wii (probably because if it's controller it would require heavily modifying). If everyone agrees just change it.--Gamer2325 19:31, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- As a temporary fix I've entered not confirmed in brackets next to all the platforms apart from PS3.--Gamer2325 19:36, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Should the new Rayman game really be listed as December? It should be on the same date as Red Steel right? Arn't they both launch titles for Wii? Cody-schmidt
List of games
The list of games sections on the Ubisoft article are far larger than the rest of the article. Anyone think that the list of games should be moved to its own page? Mankind 2k 18:49, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
Yup it needs to be separated. --SkyWalker 12:36, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
- It is done. --SkyWalker 07:09, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
Conquest: Frontier Wars appears to be made by Ubisoft, yet it's not listed here and is no longer supported by their website. Should it be mentioned? --Zetal911 05:51, 05 October 2009 (EST) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
- Technically irrelevant. Unless you consider registering your software to be a priority it is unnecessary to have it on your computer. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:50, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- Why do you think it is not encyclopedic? You have newspaper articles all over the place that talk about Wikiscanner and what corporations do to edit Wikipedia in their own favor. -- Erlang01 (talk) 11:53, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- No, I second OP, I actually came to delete it myself but I'm happy to see that someone else agrees that it is unneccessary. It seemed more like the Wikicommunity was trying to laugh at a higher authority because what we have isn't real authority. Put simply: it appeared to be there simply as a taunt. Pathetic behaviour. DrTheKay (talk) 20:35, 28 March 2008 (UTC)DrTheKay
This Wikipedia article says that the correct pronunciation of Unisoft is oo-be-soft. But, according to this explanation, the correct pronunciation is you-bee-soft. However many of the comments of the article also point out that its French founders may not have said it that way. Do we need to edit this page? --Barosl (talk) 12:20, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
Latin root, perhaps?
- Ubi comes from "ubiquity" which means "to be everywhere at once", which seems to be the company's plan of expansion. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:48, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
Changing "Driver" Release date.
Harvest Moon is not a Ubi's franchise! It published only two episodes of the series, and only for some specific countries or platforms. It did just the same with Resident Evil (Resident Evil 4 for PC was published by Ubi), which does not make it a Ubi product. --Nilton (talk) 22:59, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
I have added updates and links to the recently opened studio in Singapore. Let me know if this is inappropriate in anyways, and how else I can link to it. Thanks! Curaxir (talk) 07:13, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Already Developing for Next Generation
Removed "Ubisoft ranked 21st"
Can someone delete this from the article header?
Kept here for you to see:
"Controversy" - last paragraph citing a satire?
The last paragraph ('In April 2010 Ubisoft announced the possibility of creating "Gaming Centers"...') cites this article: http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/04/ubisoft-drm.html The article, however, makes such assertions as "Gamers will purchase hourly licenses for the games, and assent to a full-cavity body search before allowed to play the games in the heavily-monitored gaming cubes." In my opinion, this is clearly a satirical article (plus I haven't found any other reference to this "announcement" from any other source) and as such shouldn't be cited seriously.--126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:22, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
Is the See Also link to Frogs some sort of vandalism? I can't think of any reason for it to be there other than as an insulting reference to that fact that they are a French company. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:35, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
Adding to controversy.
I will be adding the Rayman Legends to the controversy. While it was at first a fan reaction, it now has devs coming out against the delay and Michel Ancel himself working with protestors.FusionLord (talk) 23:29, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
- Little late in saying this but finished. Will monitor situation to see if anything else needs to be added, changed, moved, or removed.FusionLord (talk) 03:07, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
"Ubisoft is the third independent publisher of video games worldwide"
Am I reading the first line of the company details section wrong? Should it read Ubisoft is the third largest independent publisher of video games worldwide or similar? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:33, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- Fixed It seems like someone has made a verbatim copy of an error on the Ubisoft reference. - X201 (talk) 12:03, 30 January 2015 (UTC)