Three Wise Men (cocktail)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Three Wise Men is a drink consisting of three types of whiskey with brand names that are each named after a man (ordinarily Johnnie Walker, Jack Daniel and Jim Beam). The three named men are the "wise men" in the name of the drink, which is an allusion to the Biblical Magi). Although informally called a cocktail, it does not meet the usual definition of the term "cocktail", as the drink includes only whiskeys with no other ingredients. Several variations exist that include other ingredients or substitute tequila or rum for some of the whiskey.
- 1 part Scotch whisky (e.g., Johnnie Walker Red or Black Label).
- 1 part Tennessee whiskey (e.g., Jack Daniel's).
- 1 part Kentucky bourbon whiskey (e.g., Jim Beam White or Black Label).
- Serve neat, on the rocks, or shaken with ice and strained, according to taste. Or serve the three whiskeys as three separate shots that are lined up and consumed sequentially.
- By adding an ingredient, a number of variations can be made:
- A Three Wisemen Go Hunting, or "Three Wisemen on a Hunt" consists of the traditional recipe with an additional 1 part Wild Turkey bourbon.
- A Three Wisemen Visit Mexico is made with the three aforementioned liquors and 1 part tequila, e.g., Jose Cuervo.
- A Three Dudes in a Booth consists of the traditional recipe with a scoop of whipped cream on top, and is often consumed out of a shot glass with a straw.
- A Three Men and a Baby, named after the film of the same name, adds milk to the original recipe.
- A Three Wisemen Hit Manhattan, the classic Manhattan cocktail made with the Three Wisemen.
- A Three Wisemen on Acid consists of the traditional recipe with an equal part of absinthe.
- By swapping one or more ingredient:
- A Southern Wisemen is made with 1 part of Tennessee Whiskey, 1 part of Kentucky Bourbon, and 1 part of Tequila (e.g., Jose Cuervo).Template:Recipe featured as '3 Wise men' in the LMFAO Music Video 'Shots' featuring Lil' Jon where it said 1 part Jim, 1 part Jack, and 1 part Jose as Lil' Jon yells out names of shots
- A Trini Wisemen is made with 1 part of Tennessee Whiskey, 1 part of Scotch Whisky and 1 part of Tequila (e.g., Jose Cuervo).
- A Tropical Wisemen is made with 1 part Jack Daniel's 1 part Jose Cuervo and 1 part Captain Morgan.
- In name mostly:
- Graham, Colleen (September 7, 2018). "Three Wise Men: The Shot Drink That Mixes 3 Great Whiskies". The Spruce Eats. Retrieved September 12, 2018.