This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
pfsync is a computer protocol used to synchronise firewall states between machines running Packet Filter (PF) for high availability. It is used along with CARP to make sure a backup firewall has the same information as the main firewall. When the main machine in the firewall cluster dies, the backup machine is able to accept current connections without loss.
- "/etc/protocols". BSD Cross Reference. OpenBSD.
- "/sys/net/if_pfsync.h". BSD Cross Reference. OpenBSD.
- Federico Biancuzzi (2004-04-15). "OpenBSD PF Developer Interview". ONLamp. O'Reilly Media. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- Federico Biancuzzi (2004-05-06). "OpenBSD PF Developer Interview, Part 2". ONLamp. O'Reilly Media. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- PF: Firewall Redundancy with CARP and pfsync (OpenBSD PF FAQ)
pfsync(4)man-page in OpenBSD, FreeBSD and NetBSD
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|