Thought of complimenting you for this article. A good one mainly in terms of prose quality. Best --PeterCRames (talk) 19:20, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- What a nice compliment. Thank you, PeterCRames.Atsme☯Consult 03:50, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Resilient Barnstar
|OK, I hope you're happy with your work, I think it's fabulous! And I'm also glad that we could (resolve? set aside? put on hiatus?) our differences elsewhere and that it led to this accomplishment of yours. Cheers! — alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 19:11, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you, Alf. It means a great deal more to me coming from you. I don't even consider our differences as anything to set aside, much less consider. I learned a great deal from the experience, and thank you kindly. Now then, is the article still supposed to be in my sandbox, or did I screw-up yet again? Atsme☯Consult 19:17, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- No, it's normal that it's still in your sandbox. When you move a page out of userspace into mainspace that just happens. You can blank the sandbox version and it won't affect the real version, and then use your sandbox for other stuff. Would you be interested in trying to write a DYK (WP:DYK) from your new article? It'll get it on the main page for a few hours. That process can be a little overwhelming, I know, but if you'd like to try I can help you, or if you'd like it to happen but don't want to get involved, I can do it for you (which is normal, other people proposing DYKs for new articles).— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 19:23, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'd love to do something new. If you have the patience to work with me, I'm game. Also, I noticed in the "view history" of my new article, it shows all the edits. Uh oh? Or is that normal? You might want to take a peek at it. Atsme☯Consult 19:26, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- It's supposed to show the history, don't worry about that. I'll think about what might be a good hook, and maybe you can read over the instructions at the DYK page. I believe you have 5 days or 10 days or something from when it's moved into mainspace, so it's not a super hurry.— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 19:28, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- You can take the lead, and just coach me along so I can see first hand how it's done. Is that ok? Atsme☯Consult 19:33, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- OK, will do later today or tomorrow and let you know what's going on.— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 19:38, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
I miss your insightfulness, your patience, and your genius, Alf.laylah.wa.laylah. I hope you are checking in from time to time, and will see my post. Please come back soon. Atsme☯Consult 20:49, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
Atsme📞📧 17:19, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
The above thread is referring to Gabor B. Racz which further substantiates how wrong it was for editors to initiate a WP:GAR within minutes following the wrongful accusations of a COI against me at COIN, particularly regarding this BLP. What ensued at the GAR discussions and on the article's TP should serve as a lesson to all of us regarding allegations of COI without justification, and the only reason I am now bringing it up.
The article Alligator gar you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Alligator gar for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Cwmhiraeth -- Cwmhiraeth (talk) 18:42, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
- For your information, your chain moray eel image is now in The Signpost. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 18:57, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
Cwmhiraeth, thank you for the update, and congratulations on your accomplishments!! Atsme☯Consult 03:59, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
I did the DYK nomination
It's here: Template:Did you know nominations/Gabor B. Racz. You might want to put it on your watchlist because it's sometimes necessary to do a little editing before it's accepted, but in this case I think that'll be minimal. By the way, you should be quite proud of the minimal attention the article got from new page patrollers. You probably didn't realize it, but those two or three small edits people made right after you moved it were just the tip of the iceberg of probably around a hundred people looking it over to make sure it wasn't too crappy to survive, and then it got assessed with a C by the bio wikiproject. Very good!— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 22:10, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Makes me smile. Thank you. I'm reading up on QPQ, DYK, KMA, IDK, MMD, etc., etc., etc. I have a 6 ft. sheet of initialisms and acronyms that will probably take me 3 years to learn. Atsme☯ talk 22:23, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- @Alf.laylah.wa.laylah: So what happens next?
DYK for Gabor B. Racz
slakr\ talk / 23:08, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
For this!— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 22:23, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, WOW, Alf!!! WOW!! We did it!!! Thank you, thank you!!! Atsme☯ talk 23:46, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
- Did you look at the main page and see it on there? I took a screenshot for you in case you want a souvenir, which I can email to you if you'd like. Fabulous work, it flew right through the review. That's very rare on a first try. You should be proud. There are all kinds of little widgets you can put on your userpage to commemorate the occasion if you want to.— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 00:20, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- The article's main page, or one of the links on the banner? Not quite versed in navigating DYK. I would love a souvenir, Alf - thank you bunches, and thank you for the kind words, but I can't take full credit. I had one helluva teacher in you! Where do I get the widgets? Oh, and I added the DYK tool, I think. I need to read up on the DYK procedures, because right now it's all a bit confusing. Once that light goes on in my head, I'll be on the fast track. I also made my first template, and uploaded more pictures to Commons. That was fun, too. Just have to be careful I don't grow roots in this chair. I lose track of time, and before I realize it, 10 to 12 hrs have passed. Atsme☯ talk 02:46, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- No, the actual front page of Wikipedia that the whole world sees when they land on it. It's still on there now, so you can see it live, but in case you don't get this in time I'll send you the screenshot anyway. It's amazing how time flies, isn't it?— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 02:58, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, Wow!!! No, I didn't know!! Atsme☯ talk 03:01, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's the payoff for writing good new content. Amazing, isn't it? Do you know how to check page views in the article history? Wait till the date changes and you'll see your article got thousands of views today.— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 03:05, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sure is a good feeling, Alf. Amazing, and very rewarding. Page views? I don't know how to check page views. That is really awesome beyond words! Is there a link to the Widgets for my user page? --Atsme☯ talk 03:17, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if there's a general link. I use little teensy ones that I copied off someone else's page, you can see them on my user page. Also you can just look at other people's userpages who do DYKs and see what they do. That's probably the best way to find them, but also there might be a category or a list of them somewhere, I just don't know.— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 03:24, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Alligator gar
Gatoclass (talk) 05:37, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Great works!! You have improved a lot....Keep up.... The herald 15:33, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
The Herald - how sweet - thank you!! And thank you for being so patient and giving of your time. I'm pretty excited about a couple new projects I'm working on offline, and also trying to improve a very inaccurate "start" article that relies heavily on self-published sources, and original research. Atsme☯Consult 16:13, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
The article American paddlefish you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:American paddlefish for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of FunkMonk -- FunkMonk (talk) 00:42, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
The article Bowfin you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Bowfin for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap -- Chiswick Chap (talk) 18:43, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
DYK for American paddlefish
—HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 12:02, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
||The Original Barnstar
|To Atsme, an overdue barnstar for the impressive articles she has written on "primitive" fish. Well done! --Epipelagic (talk) 19:38, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
Thank you kindly, User:Epipelagic. Your recognition is much appreciated. Atsme☯Consult 22:31, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Bowfin
— Crisco 1492 (talk) 14:43, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Synodus intermedius
Cas Liber (talk · contribs) 00:02, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
The article Gabor B. Racz you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Gabor B. Racz for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Cwmhiraeth -- Cwmhiraeth (talk) 11:03, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
- Cwmhiraeth, thank you for your tireless efforts. Atsme☯Consult 22:06, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
Just a quick note to congratulate you on the promotion of American paddlefish to FA status recently. If you would like to see this (or any other FA) appear as "Today's featured article" soon (either on a particular date or on any available date), please nominate it at the requests page. If you'd like to see an FA appear on a particular date in the next year or so, please add it to the "pending" list. In the absence of a request, the article may end up being picked at any time (although with about 1,287 articles waiting their turn at present, there's no telling how long – or short! – the wait might be). If you'd got any TFA-related questions or problems, please let me know. BencherliteTalk 10:46, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you, Bencherlite. I believe in the DYK/GA/FA process, admire the reviewers for their diligence, and generosity of their time, and hope I will be able to help bring more quality articles to Wikipedia. Atsme☯Consult 12:25, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Today's Featured Article: Notification
This is to inform you that American paddlefish, which you nominated at WP:FAC, will appear on the Wikipedia Main Page as Today's Featured Article on 24 December 2014. The proposed main page blurb is here; you may amend if necessary. Please check for dead links and other possible faults before the appearance date. Brianboulton (talk) 23:24, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
intrinsic beauty of sharing knowledge
Thank you, free at last, for quality articles such as American paddlefish and Gabor B. Racz, written with the background of experience and in the spirit that there's "something indescribable, yet intrinsically beautiful about sharing knowledge", - you are an awesome Wikipedian!
--Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:49, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
One of the best Christmas gifts ever. Thank you Gerda Arendt. It is such an honor to receive this from you!! Atsme☯Consult 13:35, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
- A year ago, you were recipient no. 1072 of Precious, a prize of QAI! Thank you for great wishes, starting early, - I am still on my way and found in a 16th century text (and music) inspiration to go over the mountains, be inspired, support each other, and sing! All the good wishes are open now on my talk, to be shared, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:17, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
- Congrats. ChrisGualtieri (talk) 03:00, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you. Atsme☯Consult 08:36, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
||The Barnstar of Integrity
|In recognition of your COI Ducks essay, which I find to be of value in facing the fact that Wikipedia has a serious ongoing problem. It takes bravery and moral conviction to stand up against the forces of organized COI editing. Thanks for your work. Jusdafax 15:38, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
By the way, I see you had the same type of visitor I had today. I've banned him from my talk page, just so you know you aren't the only one. Best wishes, Jusdafax 21:47, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for the lovely barnstar, Jusdafax. My TP will wear it with pride. Atsme☯Consult 04:08, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
||Ice Cream Award
|Atsme, gotta love being propped up to do a favor for others, only to be thrown to the wolves with no one by your side, eh? Welcome to Wikipedia! I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make it up to you, and then i remembered..... ice cream exists. Please have some. You deserve it. petrarchan47tc 23:10, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
I'll definitely take it!! Thank you, Petra! Atsme☯Consult 01:16, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- While you're enjoying your ice cream, you might feel to watch this. petrarchan47tc 23:25, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
- And this. petrarchan47tc 00:12, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Believe it or not, I just sat down with a bowl of ice cream (Chocolate Royale) and fired up the computer and read this, so yes, I thoroughly enjoyed all the treats, thank you! Atsme☯Consult 02:14, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
This is lovely, TH. Thank you. It was a fun article to collaborate on with you. Atsme☯Consult 04:05, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
- God willin', you will have another collaboration soon. Its a mammoth one. -The Herald the joy of the LORDmy strength 04:13, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
- Shall I hint you? It's the most beautiful building in the world. Check my contribs and help me. -The Herald the joy of the LORDmy strength 07:31, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
Some bubble tea for you!
Bubble tea!! Thank you!! Atsme☯Consult 17:37, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
||The Barnstar of Diplomacy
I really can't claim to be a fan of the essay, but I would like to say that I appreciate the edits made in response to my concerns. I also respect and appreciate that you were willing and able to hear my concerns in the midst of an emotional and confrontational discussion. Formerly 98 talk|contribs|COI statement 12:54, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
Thank you, Formerly 98. I am flattered and honored by your gesture of kindness. I do hope we can work together in a productive collaboration in the near future. I really do like your style. Atsme☯Consult 00:23, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Woke up just now to see Nirmala already a GA!!! Gratitude........
-The Herald the joy of the LORDmy strength 02:03, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
Almost, but not quite. I'll still gratefully accept the fuzzy little kitty. Atsme☯Consult 03:28, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
Dearest Mentor O Mine, I am honored. Thank you. Atsme☯Consult 15:49, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- Great..can you do just another small favor? Check your mail...-The Herald the joy of the LORDmy strength
A barnstar for you!
||The Editor's Barnstar
|GREAT job! 7&6=thirteen (☎) 19:36, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
Thank you, User:7&6=thirteen. Your collaboration was much appreciated. Atsme☯Consult 01:12, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
A cupcake for you!
How sweet! Thank you, Govindaharihari. Your cupcake made it a nice day. Atsme📞📧 14:20, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
A beer for you!
||(It was this or something called "bubble tea"- hope you like beer!) I see WP has regained a bit of its sanity. Welcome back xxxooo petrarchan47คุก 00:07, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for uploading the pictures
||A cute pinto foal for you!
|Thanks for uploading the photos, I added them to the articles (both the I Am Jose ones to his article, and one of him and the arena picture to the TWHNC article. Thanks again! 😊 White Arabian Filly (Neigh) 20:33, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
You are very welcome! 😊Atsme📞📧 17:03, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
- By the way, you're invited to suggest material for my crazy edits page. 😀White Arabian Filly (Neigh) 21:38, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for supporting my RfA
||Brianhe RfA Appreciation award
|Thank you for participating at my RfA. Your support was very much appreciated even if I did get a bit scorched. Brianhe (talk) 03:03, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for supporting my RfA
||Hawkeye7 RfA Appreciation award
|WP is about creating articles, editing for accuracy and copyediting for improvement. Thank you for participating in and supporting my RfA. It was very much appreciated. Hawkeye7 (talk) 22:14, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your support
||Peacemaker67 RfA Appreciation award
|Thank you for participating and supporting at my RfA. It was very much appreciated, and I am humbled that the community saw fit to trust me with the tools. Peacemaker67 (click to talk to me) 04:53, 6 February 2016 (UTC)