User talk:Bluerasberry/Archive 5

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6

Santorum vs santorum

Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is "Santorum vs santorum". Thank you. --The Gnome (talk) 07:58, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for the notice. The discussion is closed and I agree with the statements of the three editors who closed it. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:05, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

Xpost from your post re: Template:LGBT in India

Sure, I'd like to talk about it. I have an interest in perceptions of LGBT people and issues in non-Abrahamic societies. And your hamster is cute, BTW :-) --RayneVanDunem (talk) 11:04, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

I moved this talk to your page. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:42, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

WikiWomen's History Month

Hi Bluerasberry. I noticed that an upcoming Seattle meet up was added to the Wikipedia:WikiWomen's History Month list! I'm super happy to see an event taking place. Just curious how it will be promoted to women to participate, or if there is a women's history theme, etc. Any further information would be great, as I'm trying to keep my pulse on everything so I can see how things go this year and see what we need to do better. Thank you! SarahStierch (talk) 16:32, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

In Seattle we host a regular monthly meetup. I have not posted this event to our board, but it will be described at wp:meetup/seattlewp. We welcome all kinds of participants and I would love to have more women join us, but I do no gender-targeted advertising except that I do post invites in places where there are transgender people. At the event I was going to list some notable Seattle-area women and ask that attendees make a contribution to their wiki articles. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:41, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

Re:the WMF doesn't entrust Wikimedia's Chapters

I have contacted you to understand better the problem. Thank you anyway for your efforts to consider the proposal and my speech. It's beautiful the project that you participate. Arriving at the question's gist. Honestly, I didn't know the relationships between the various local communities and wmf had been opened only recently.

  1. The fact is that it would be interesting to be able to internationalize the policy of the WMF. I think the time is ripe to do so.
  2. I certainly believe, correct me if I'm wrong, it should also be some support to projects in the various local chapters. Just as WMF prepares for the Fundraising, so then it should support local projects.
  3. Indeed, the internal policy of Chapters is not always good and targeted for innovation.
  4. The Foundation would collect a lot of success and fame in the areas in which intervene with right policies. But, if there is no communication, how can do it?!
  5. I speak as Italian, about this I can not resist being in a certain sense POV.
  6. I feel there is a gap in both the real and the virtual world between some European countries and the USA and a gap in terms of commitment and time devoted by volunteers to spread knowledge via web.
  7. Every country/chapter has its own needs.
  8. The WMF seems (to Italian users) to take important steps only for English' sites, not for others. (in common sense or only in my sense)
  9. LCF is the opportunity to spread out WMF and its news and information beyond the borders of the United States & United Kingdom.
  10. I refer with "doesn't entrust Wikimedia's Chapters with any project in experimentation" to the possibility of testing systems under preparation even in other projects in other languages ​​through local Chapters so that chapters feel involved not only in their projects, but also in the same of WMF.
  11. In this way it would create a community open to more than one needs and a phisich+virtual community will become a phirtual community.
  12. American air of the Foundation's rooms filled with the smell of coffee, hot dogs and vitality should also be breathed in by Chapters yourself to get really set in the WMF and then count something.
  13. In everything of this, the synergy between WMF and LCF is crucial.

The rest I wrote in that proposal. Raoli (talk) 04:03, 12 February 2012 (UTC)

I agree that the WMF does not entrust chapters outside of America with power, but I also think they do not entrust chapters in America with power either. I am interested in your points 1, 8, and 9 - what do you think happens in English Wikipedia which does not happen on other language versions? WMF is in San Francisco, but there is no special chapter in that city and there were only a few meetups last year. Two other cities in all of America have chapters - Washington DC and New York City, but these are independent groups which do not receive money from WMF. Even these "chapters" do not have well-attended, regular meetings. I organize a monthly meetup in my city, Seattle. Seattle is the home of Microsoft and has lots of people interested in internet technology, but still it is difficult to find people to attend community meetings. In my city we do not have a big group. All of these meetings are completely self-funded with no support from the WMF.
What kind of power do you think the WMF ought to provide? Funding for meetings? A salary to hire a local community educator? So far as I know, the WMF has about 70 employees. Most of those do software or administrative work, and not community development. Besides these there are some people who get funding for fellowships and special projects, but I do not think the WMF has much money. Here is a graph showing their money in millions of US dollars.
Tell me more about the difference between Wikipedia communities in Italy. Are you a member of a group which meets regularly? Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:38, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
Reading articles about WMF I understood that in the United States and partly in the United Kingdom there were funds to groups associated locally. Evidently I was wrong. The differences between wikipedia in English and Italian are as primary causes the largest number of users naturally present in the Anglo-Saxon countries. I observed that many projects such as: the article's feedback, glam, outreach, and other experimental projects have been launched only in the United States and United Kingdom. Here in Italy, exactly in Rome, do not get any of this. it is clear that the projects would go ahead without the LCF in Italian, but to me it is even clearer if we do not connect in some way local projects with the mother of the projects (through conferences, outreach events, innovative projects) do not use a good part of possible Italian or European contributors. Wikimedia Italy as far as Italy is not in WMF. All important decisions are stuck here because some require the intervention of the WMF, which is in San Francisco. Even on the guidelines in Italy do not have a certain knowledge of them, in fact some change, others are added. Even worse are those translated and updated alongside the original version ever since the translation is never safe. This for example means more caution and less flexibility and innovation in it.wikipedia. In Italy there's the vast majority of the population that is not fully educated, the so-called "middle Italian" "italiano medio". For this reason few people, compared to the United States, contribute to Wikipedia, or sister projects.
The WMF should provide the power of self-organizing and self-determination with strict rules on the organization to hold. Also funding for the meeting should be provided by WMF. The new ideas of the WMF arrive too late in Italy compared to other countries. In addition there is added to the dullness of the Italians and the news or information is useless. Between the birth of Wkipedia and today have been created so many rules that now the system is about to collapse. A under goes against another. A salary for a local educator I think is useful.
I'm not a member of any local group. There isn't a group in Rome, but only an Italian group who meets once every two months to discuss problems, but has little power and can not decide at the end the most important things. I see not only Wikimedia as Wikipedia, but even as a tool for cultural awareness, as a way to get into everyone's home and deliver the right lessons about culture, a kind of scouting association. Surely the user Elitre knows more than me. Raoli (talk) 16:27, 18 February 2012 (UTC)

My RfA

Firstly let me say that this is not an attempt to change your mind. As I said at the RfA I disagree with your assessment but was expecting some like yours and think you raise valid points - I'm amazed there's not been more !votes like yours. Anyway with respect to the Contact fuse issue I thought you might like to know a little about my thought processes at the time. As you can see from the talk page the issue had been raised before. I knew I was very much involved in the discussion, indeed I knew I was too involved and that ideally I should have taken a step back and if there had been someone else to take up the mantle I would have done. I knew that some of my conversation there wasn't de-escalating the situation but thought the points needed to be made. In an admin situation I would definitely have taken a step back, admitted that I was not communicating well with the other editors involved and invited another admin to take a look. I think everyone, whether admin or not, has people they struggle to communicate with and I think I met them there. That said I accept it's a valid reason to oppose and only posted here because, unlike the other reasons for your oppose, I thought I had information to add that may be of interest to you. Dpmuk (talk) 17:45, 14 February 2012 (UTC)

I expected your reasoning was as you are describing now, but thanks for confirming this for me. I think you have the ideal perspective on that situation.
My view on RfA is that it is not primarily a test, but that it ought to be more a learning experience and a peer review. I think it is better for candidates with faults to go through the process so that they can speed their development, and I am happy to vote to give tools to candidates who are still learning but who have time to make efforts on multiple fronts to improve themselves. I expect your RfA to pass, and when I does I will support your adminship, but if it did not pass I would still support your adminship and try to help you pass a future RfA. I am sure that if you were in the same situation as that weird fuse/fuze issue that you do things differently based on what you learned there, but with that conversation being so recent, it makes me think that perhaps there are other types of very common Wikipedia discussions which you have not yet experienced and from which you have not yet learned. I think that in the future you will only do more good things, and since you say now you are re-adjusting your life after graduation, a move, and a new job, I would love to see you make a commitment to try new things on the project regardless of the outcome of your RfA. Thanks for writing me. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:24, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for your message on my talk page - it was appreciated. Dpmuk (talk) 06:56, 22 February 2012 (UTC)

RfA: Fayenatic london

Thanks for jumping in quickly with kind words to support my RfA, which was successful and nearly unanimous. Be among the first to see my L-plate! – Fayenatic L (talk) 13:36, 21 February 2012 (UTC)

Copyright transfer agreement

Now posted. Would probably benefit from a critical look. Thanks! -- Daniel Mietchen - WiR/OS (talk) 17:12, 21 February 2012 (UTC)

The article looks great. It was an orphan but the term was used in other articles. I wikilinked those articles to Copyright transfer agreement. Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:23, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. Any suggestions for a DYK? -- Daniel Mietchen - WiR/OS (talk) 17:44, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
I nominated it here. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:19, 21 February 2012 (UTC)

DYK nomination of Copyright transfer agreement

Symbol question.svg Hello! Your submission of Copyright transfer agreement at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and there still are some issues that may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| talk to me 23:00, 22 February 2012 (UTC)

Science 2.0

Hi there, I have been following the Science 2.0 article for a little while now and continue to be puzzled over its future. On the one hand, Science 2.0 is a buzzword, like Web 2.0 or Citizen Science, or whatever, and has been hijacked from the purpose and intent of its business registered use by the publishing group. On the other hand, it describes the blog community run by Ion communications very specifically. It is unclear to me what the article should be about. Right now I feel like the article should be split into something like "Science 2.0 (Company)" and "Science 2.0 (whatever we put in parentheses on WP instead of 'buzzword'), with a disambiguation link at the top of each one. For instance there are 874 hits for "Science 2.0" on Google Scholar, and only a small subset of them refer to the copyrighted blogging network. Personally I don't have enough skin in the game to put more work into the article, my original concern was to fend off non-encyclopedic edits from a school class of students making a term paper out of the article, but if you have an interest it might be an idea worth pursuing. Nice hamster. All the best, --PaulWicks (talk) 11:49, 26 February 2012 (UTC)

Replied just now. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:35, 18 June 2012 (UTC)

Proposed deletion of Vaginal and Oral Interventions to Control the Epidemic

Ambox warning yellow.svg

The deletion of an article you created, Vaginal and Oral Interventions to Control the Epidemic, has been proposed for the following reason:

Article does not demonstrate notability or importance.

You are welcome to improve the article to meet Wikipedia's quality standards and remove the deletion notice from the article. You may also remove the notice if you disagree with the deletion, though in such cases, further discussion may take place at Articles for deletion, and the article may still be deleted if there is a consensus to do so.

Wikipedia has certain standards for inclusion that all articles must meet. Certain types of article must establish the notability of their subject by asserting its importance or significance. Additionally, since Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, content inappropriate for an encyclopedia, or content that would be more suited to somewhere else (such as a directory or social networking website) is not acceptable. See What Wikipedia is not for the relevant policy. You may wish to read our introduction to editing and guide to writing your first article.

Thank you. waywardhorizons (talk) 21:48, 28 February 2012 (UTC)

I removed the template and added two more sources and some more content. This is a rather large and high-budget international research effort which is described in many science journals. I think there is enough content to indicate notability. Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:02, 28 February 2012 (UTC)

DYK for Copyright transfer agreement

The DYK project (nominate) 16:03, 2 March 2012 (UTC)

Talkback

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Bluerasberry. You have new messages at Alpha Quadrant's talk page.
Message added 04:24, 4 March 2012 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Alpha_Quadrant (talk) 04:24, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

Thank you!

thank you for your kind words on my talk page and the hot-brewing tea which i hugely enjoyed :P It means a lot to me and fills me with even more energy to work here. If i can be of any help, i'd be honoured!

DoscoinDoon (talk) 21:33, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

If you just continued to do what you are already doing then it would be a big help to everyone. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:46, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

Alright, thanks or your encouragement :) DoscoinDoon (talk) 07:32, 5 March 2012 (UTC)

β-testing

Hi! You indicated you'd like to help us beta-test the new MediaWiki 1.19 extension for the Education Program. Click here to get started. (love the hamster, by the way!)

Thanks, Rob SchnautZ (WMF) (talkcontribs) 18:58, 5 March 2012 (UTC)

tb

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Bluerasberry. You have new messages at Vrenator's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.
Alarbus (talk) 19:16, 5 March 2012 (UTC)

Microbicide Trials Network entry

I'm sorry...I don't know how to use all these Wiki characters, so this seemed like the easiest way to respond to you. Regarding the MTN copywright issue, I work at the MTN and I am the person responsible for the context on our Web site that was used to add content to the MTN Wiki entry. I did not initally create this entry since mine was rejected as blatant marketing back in July, and was merely trying to add content. I am glad to discuss by phone. I am glad to call you, or alternatively, I can be reached at (412) 641-7299.

Thanks, Clare Collicr (talk) 19:20, 6 March 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for writing me. I just called and left you a message. I hope that we can make an appointment to talk. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:23, 6 March 2012 (UTC)

Olympia Timberland Library editathon April 4

Have you been involved in this: http://calendar.theolympian.com/olympia-wa/events/show/242992004-wikipedia-loves-libraries-share-local-history-online http://events.trlib.org/evanced/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=33805 ; if not you certainly should be :)--Pharos (talk) 20:35, 6 March 2012 (UTC)

BTW, it appears they've made a listing for themselves at the bottom of Wikipedia:Wikipedia Loves Libraries#West.--Pharos (talk) 21:10, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks Pharos. I am in touch with these guys by email now. Blue Rasberry (talk) 00:04, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

Microbicides Trial Network

Hi Lane,

Can we set-up a time to talk about the MTN entry? I really want to add more content to the entry. The content I added does not voiolate any copyright as it came from press releases and fact sheets that we developed at the MTN, and that anyone (reporters, educators, etc.) are free to use. Also, there are inaccuracies in the VOICE entry. VOICE is not simply testing a microbicide and it is not a parternship with CAPRISA. I hesitated to make any corrections to that entry since everything I have done to date on Wikipedia has been deleted for one reason or another. I'd really like to talk to you to get some clarification.

Thanks, Clare Collicr (talk) 15:40, 7 March 2012 (UTC)

It was good talking to you on phone today. I look forward to working with you. Blue Rasberry (talk) 00:04, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

Page Triage newsletter

Hey guys!

Thanks to all of you who have commented on the New Page Triage talkpage. If you haven't had a chance yet, check it out; we're discussing some pretty interesting ideas, both from the Foundation and the community, and moving towards implementing quite a few of them :).

In addition, on Tuesday 13th March, we're holding an office hours session in #wikimedia-office on IRC at 19:00 UTC (11am Pacific time). If you can make it, please do; we'll have a lot of stuff to show you and talk about, including (hopefully) a timetable of when we're planning to do what. If you can't come, for whatever reason, let me know on my talkpage and I'm happy to send you the logs so you can get an idea of what happened :). Regards, Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 23:54, 8 March 2012 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Dates and numbers

Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Dates and numbers. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service. RFC bot (talk) 10:16, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

De-tagging of open science

It's nice that you are "definitely available to discuss problems", but cleanup tags are not supposed to be removed without problems being resolved. Tags alert editors interested in cleanup of problems, along with categorising pages in the appropriate cleanup categories. Unless you actually disagree that this article inappropriately promotes and synthesises the term "open science" from a variety of references which do not use that term, or that its two-sentence-long lead is insufficient to summarise all of the article's key points, then I would request that you restore these tags and direct your energies to addressing the points made. Chris Cunningham (user:thumperward) (talk) 14:05, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

I do disagree. The tags alone do not give enough information about what needs to be done, and I do not see a reason for any of the tags. Do you want to talk by phone right now to discuss this so that you will not have to write out explanations of everything? We could also Skype or Google Hangout. Email me. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:08, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
I'd rather keep discussions on-wiki, if possible. The cleanup tags themselves contain links to appropriate guidelines, such as WP:SYN, WP:NEO and WP:LEAD. If you haven't read them, then please take the opportunity to do so. Wikipedia typically frowns on editors acting in an overly stewardly manner on articles that they work on: we require that editors allow for others to help improve the content they have created, which includes flagging it for problems. I do endeavour to work on tagged content when I can. Chris Cunningham (user:thumperward) (talk) 14:15, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
If you tell me that I am asking too much by requesting that you explain what improvements you would like to see then I will put your tags back. I would make improvements to the article, but since I see no problem, I have no way of knowing if what I would do would satisfy your motives for tagging. If you ever change your mind about wanting to talk then I am here, but it is hard for me to have a conversation when you will not post comments on the talk page and will not have a voice conversation. What should we do next? Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:19, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
That's why we have guideline pages which explain the criteria, but if you really want me to post a full explanation for the tags then I'll do so later on the article talk. Chris Cunningham (user:thumperward) (talk) 14:25, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
I want you on the phone, Skype, or whatever because it would save both of us time. Wikipedia:Don't template the regulars. How many dozens of times do you think someone has told me to read WP:SYN or other guidelines? If I thought there was a problem I would have tagged it myself. You have a good alternative - you can just tell me to put the tags back and I will leave them up for a while with no explanation. Otherwise, yes, I am requesting more information. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:36, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
I did my best to respond to your tags. I expanded the lede. Previously the history section did not connect all the way to the present; now it does, so I hope that satisfies your concern about synthesis. I added more references which explain the term "open science", so I hope that satisfies your concern about this being a neologism. I am willing to hear other concerns you might express. Thanks for your attention. I really appreciate any review you can give and all your interest in the article. I would love to hear more from you. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:25, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

Thank you

Thanks for your greetings and direction. I am trying to understand how these tildes work. Let's see how I do, I am new to this type of editing. Thanks again for your help. (Teashias (talk) 18:48, 9 March 2012 (UTC))

Pinging

Hi Bluerasberry, I believe that JMathewson (WMF) will be emailing you on my behalf. While that's happening, I would like to make a suggestion. Would you mind creating an alternate account, Blueraspberry (with a "p"), and putting a note on its talk page and userpage to redirect people to this account? I've seen your name misspelled multiple times around WP, so I think having this redirect would be helpful. Thanks, and I look forward to talking with you. Pine(talk) 21:50, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

I just tried to make the account and I think Wikipedia forbids naming an account too similarly to another name. I was just disallowed the name. I will ask a bureaucrat what they think about this. Thanks for the suggestion. It does seem like a good idea. I will wait for whatever business you have to present to me. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:59, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

Meetup

Hi, thanks for the invitation on the meet up, however, Im on trip overseas till end of month, so look forward for next meetings. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Steinpal (talkcontribs) 04:10, 10 March 2012 (UTC)

Thanks, I will send another invitation then. Blue Rasberry (talk) 04:13, 10 March 2012 (UTC)

Social connections

Yes, one of the advantages of having a visible Wikimedia Cascadia Chapter or such would be that people might have a better idea of a central point of local contact for organizing these things.

Probably the best Wikipedian to help with sorting educational roles would be User:Epistemophiliac, who's the head of the WASC and has already been in touch with Mathew. Also, User:Bob the Wikipedian new part-time WMF role would seem to be in this same vein.--Pharos (talk) 16:07, 12 March 2012 (UTC)

yes, I was in touch with User:Epistemophiliac but he said on his talk page that there was nothing he could do and that, though he understood my frustration, there was no "higher power".[1] Apparently, there is no community process or WMF process that has control over the Online Ambassadors Selection Committee. That's what he said, as I understand it. MathewTownsend (talk) 22:41, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
Your request is not forgotten. I will find someone to address it. Please give me a bit more time. I hope you understand - we are all volunteers and have not thought through what to do if there are problems, and this case is the first problem. I am sorry you are the first, but I will get some people to consider what you wrote. Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:44, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
I really appreciate you, Blue Rasberry! And it's for en:wp, not just me, or even primarily me. Thanks, MathewTownsend (talk) 22:50, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
The development of a problem-solving system is for en:wp. Unfortunately for you, all you get is bureaucratic hassle. For that I apologize, but thanks for sticking with it. Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:52, 13 March 2012 (UTC)

New Page Triage newsletter

Hey all!

Thanks to everyone who attended our first office hours session; the logs can be found here, if you missed it, and we should be holding a second one on Thursday, 22 March 2012 at 18:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office. I hope to see you all there :).

In the meantime, I have greatly expanded the details available at Wikipedia:New Page Triage: there's a lot more info about precisely what we're planning. If you have ideas, and they aren't listed there, bring them up and I'll pass them on to the developers for consideration in the second sprint. And if you know anyone who might be interested in contributing, send them there too!

Regards, Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 00:24, 14 March 2012 (UTC)

You've got mail

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Bluerasberry. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

Pine(talk) 06:08, 16 March 2012 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for March 16

Hi. When you recently edited List of medical ethics cases, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Georgia (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 17:54, 16 March 2012 (UTC)

Thanks, bot. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:49, 16 March 2012 (UTC)

Wikimania 2012

Hi, I wonder whether you can take a look at my abstract at Wikimania 2012 and if my article is selected, I would like to invite you for my talk (I have no idea about the fate of my paper at present :) )--C.R.Selvakumar (talk) 23:37, 18 March 2012 (UTC)

Thanks indeed for your support! Yes, we got handsome support from Govt. which was a suprise even for us!--C.R.Selvakumar (talk) 00:01, 19 March 2012 (UTC)

Please help out at the Paid Editor Help page

While not a huge backlog yet, we're getting to it on the Paid Editor Help page. The sections that need replies include Colin Digiaro, Guy Bavli, Strayer University, Stevens Institute of Technology, and a general backlog in the Request Edits category. If you could help in any of these sections (primarily the first four), I would be really grateful. This notification is going out to a number of Wikiproject Cooperation members in the hopes that we can clear out all of the noted sections. And feel free to respond to a section and help out even if someone else had already responded there. The more eyes we get on a specific request, the more sure we can be on the neutrality of implementing it. Thanks! SilverserenC 03:28, 22 March 2012 (UTC)

How do you do the hamster thing?

I click edit but I don't see the code anywhere. How do you put up a picture of your hamster with the Howdy message? Dream Focus 13:54, 24 March 2012 (UTC)

I do not remember what I did. I think there is some designated page which default text on it. If you go that page you can change the text for your talk page. I just searched for it and I cannot find it. If I remember I will notify you, but if you find out first, would you remind me? Also, I am not sure this is related, but do you know of a way for a user to get a list of all the pages in their userspace? I was thinking that with a list I could identify the page. I think this is all done on another page. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:34, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
I don't know how to do that. I'd find that useful to know also. Anyway, I went to Wikipedia:Skin and I found it listing various information. Is one of the scripts you added to User:Bluerasberry/monobook.js the one that causes it to happen? Dream Focus 15:57, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
I just checked my scripts. I do not have comments explaining what they do, but I think I can account for them all and I do not remember installing a script for this. Like I said, I think there is some pagename that you can go to and post templates and then it just shows up. Now that I think about it I want to revise my message - that hamster has been there a long time. I will keep trying to remember and ask around also. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:09, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
I was looking through Wikipedia:WikiProject_User_scripts/Scripts#Scripts but nothing stood out. Something at Wikipedia:Talk page templates perhaps? Dream Focus 16:16, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
I could be remembering incorrectly, but I do not think it is either a script or a template, and it seems like I have no scripts for this and that I have no template on this page. I think it is another page in the userspace which controls this. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:24, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
After searching your talk page and edit history for a bit, I came up with the idea of just clicking on the hamster, and seeing when it was added, to then check to see what your contributions were listed at that time period. Then I found its on the edit page I need to edit to make this happen. User_talk:Bluerasberry/Editnotice I test it on my page now and see if it works. Dream Focus 17:26, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
It works! Dream Focus 17:32, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
Good detective work! Now that you said the solution it seems obvious that I should have done that. Thanks for rediscovering this. Your new edit notice rabbit looks good. Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:49, 24 March 2012 (UTC)

Let's make this an opportunity to unhate!

The Rainbow Moscow Triumphal Gate In Saint-Petersburg.jpg The Fæ classy in crisis LGBT ally Barnstar!
Recently there was some anti-gay hate here on wikipedia and you worked to unhate. Because we need to show our overwhelming support of what people hate on to create unhate whenever it shows up. I compel everyone that supports unhate to repost this on their user page or talk page and especially on any page that has been the location of LGBT harassment or ignorance, that way the haters will know the only consequence of their hate will be more gayness and education and community. Congratulations on being an unhater! LuciferWildCat (talk) 23:33, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
This means a lot to me. Thanks for this. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:19, 28 March 2012 (UTC)

An AFD you participated in has been started again

I'm contacting everyone that participated in the last one, which ended earlier this month, to inform them of the new one. Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Aziz Shavershian (2nd nomination) Dream Focus 13:47, 24 March 2012 (UTC)

I responded. Thanks for informing me of this. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:18, 28 March 2012 (UTC)

Emails

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Bluerasberry. Please check your email; you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{ygm}} template.

Hi Bluerasberry, I sent you some emails and didn't hear back from you. Did you get them? I sent you another one just now. Pine(talk) 08:41, 25 March 2012 (UTC)

We got in touch. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:18, 28 March 2012 (UTC)

A big NPT update

Hey! Big update on what the developers have been working on, and what is coming up:

coding

  • Fixes for the "moved pages do not show up in Special:NewPages" and "pages created from redirects do not show up in Special:NewPages" bugs have been completed and signed off on. Unfortunately we won't be able to integrate them into the existing version, but they will be worked into the Page Triage interface.
  • Coding has been completed on three elements; the API for displaying metadata about the article in the "list view", the ability to keep the "patrol" button visible if you edit an article before patrolling it, and the automatic removal of deleted pages from the queue. All three are awaiting testing but otherwise complete.

All other elements are either undergoing research, or about to have development started. I appreciate this sounds like we've not got through much work, and truthfully we're a bit disappointed with it as well; we thought we'd be going at a faster pace :(. Unfortunately there seems to be some 24-72 hour bug sweeping the San Francisco office at the moment, and at one time or another we've had several devs out of it. It's kind of messed with workflow.

Stuff to look at

We've got a pair of new mockups to comment on that deal with the filtering mechanism; this is a slightly updated mockup of the list view, and this is what the filtering tab is going to look like. All thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome on the NPT talkpage :). I'd also like to thank the people who came to our last two office hours sessions; the logs will be shortly available here.

I've also just heard that the first functional prototype for enwiki will be deployed mid-April! Really, really stoked to see this happening :). We're finding out if we can stick something up a bit sooner on prototype.wiki or something.

I appreciate there may be questions or suggestions where I've said "I'll find out and get back to you" and then, uh. not ;p. I sincerely apologise for that: things have been a bit hectic at this end over the last few weeks. But if you've got anything I've missed, drop me a line and I'll deal with it! Further questions or issues to the usual address. Thanks, Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 17:09, 3 April 2012 (UTC)

Wow

I went to your talk page and wow! You edit way more than I do. I'm impressed. By the way my real name is Angel Calicoat and I don't care who knows so check me out on facebook.-Rainbowofpeace (talk) 07:14, 4 April 2012 (UTC)

By the way I am writing a book about LGBT History if you want to help. I think with all the information you have we could really come up with something amazing.-Rainbowofpeace (talk) 07:20, 4 April 2012 (UTC)

Clarification on Police 'Crackdown'

Bluerasberry, you are quite correct in that the Vancouver Police did not title their changes to policing in the area around Insite a 'crackdown'. This was a term given in an article in the Canadian medical journal CMAJ, and by the City of Vancouver evaluation of their strategy. The importance of the policing to the Lancet article's conclusions is this - the changed policing around Insite's location reduced drug use indicators in those city blocks by 46% in the 6 months before Insite opened. If the policing continued with the same number of police and the same strategy as the pre-Insite 'crackdown' (as confirmed by the Vancouver Police) for the next 2.25 years, then it is likely that the ongoing policing at the same levels as the pre-Insite 'crackdown' will have a similar impact on drug use ie causing a displacement of drug users from that area into other less patrolled areas, taking their overdoses elsewhere. Insite may be having negligible impact on overdoses if this is the case. Hope this clarifies things a little. Minphie (talk) 14:49, 5 April 2012 (UTC)

When you say "If the policing continued", "then it is likely", and "Insite may be having" I wonder if you are conducting original research or performing synthesis of the sources. When I commented on Insite in the third opinion section I was coming as someone just checking to see whether the text proposed match the sources presented. It sounds like the text is presenting data from which another researcher could draw a conclusion, but is not presenting conclusions itself. Do you feel that the text you want to add is in the sources you are presenting? I would be happy to look at more. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:21, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
Just to allay any fears you might have re original research, the Lancet letter here from the international analysis group says, "Most of the overdoses that were the subject of the questionable 35% reduction immediately around Insite lay specifically in the 12 city blocks patrolled by 48–66 police added in 2003 and operative to this day (personal communication). This major change in policing around Insite is clearly the most likely cause of any real reductions in overdoses that might be found in the immediate vicinity of the injection facility." I have tried to portray this accurately. Minphie (talk) 22:27, 5 April 2012 (UTC)