Toowoomba Region, Queensland
Approach to the passenger terminal, Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport, 2016
|Population||295 (2016 census)|
|• Density||5.335/km2 (13.82/sq mi)|
|Area||55.3 km2 (21.4 sq mi)|
The locality was named by the Railways Department after a camp for workers constructing the Toowoomba–Hendon railway, which happened to be located beside a well in the area. The line opened in 1869.
Wellcamp State School is a government primary (P-6) school for boys and girls at 609 Drayton Wellcamp Rd. In 2017, the school had an enrolment of 77 students with 7 teachers (6 full-time equivalent) and 5 non-teaching staff (3 full-time equivalent).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Wellcamp (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Agency ID5816, Wellcamp State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Wellcamp (entry 48089)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Annual Report 2017" (PDF). Wellcamp State School. Archived (PDF) from the original on 9 November 2018. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- Wellcamp State School (1974), Wellcamp State School, 1899-1974 : 75th jubilee, s.n
- Pennycuick, Rae; Wellcamp State School. Centenary Committee (1999), Wellcamp State School : 1899-1999 : work and play in harmony, Centenary Committee, Parents and Citizens Association, Wellcamp State School, ISBN 978-0-646-37205-1
Media related to Wellcamp, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons