|Population||302 (2011 census)|
|• Density||14.88/km2 (38.53/sq mi)|
|Area||20.3 km2 (7.8 sq mi)|
|Location||12 km (7 mi) W of Toowoomba|
Wellcamp is a locality in Toowoomba Region, Queensland, Australia, located 12 kilometres (7 mi) west of the city centre. At the 2011 Australian Census, Wellcamp and several other adjacent localities recorded a population of 302.
The locality was named by the Railways Department after a camp for workers constructing the Toowoomba–Hendon railway, which happened to be located beside a well in the area. The line opened in 1869.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Wellcamp (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Agency ID5816, Wellcamp State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Wellcamp (entry 48089)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Wellcamp State School (1974), Wellcamp State School, 1899-1974 : 75th jubilee, s.n
- Pennycuick, Rae; Wellcamp State School. Centenary Committee (1999), Wellcamp State School : 1899-1999 : work and play in harmony, Centenary Committee, Parents and Citizens Association, Wellcamp State School, ISBN 978-0-646-37205-1
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|