Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
|Director||Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J., Ph.D|
|Location||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
|Campus||Urban, 20 acres, 1600 x 545 sq ft|
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is a premier business school in India, located in Bhubaneswar, the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. It is managed by a board of governors, consisting of representatives of the governments of India and Odisha, the Jesuit Society, industrialists and educationists.
The school was founded in 1987 under what the parties called a "social contract" between the Government of Odisha and the Odisha Jesuit Society. It has consistently been ranked as one of the best Management Institutes of India, and is considered one of the "Big-Three" institutes in Eastern India, along with IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur. Each batch at XIMB has a good mix of students from the country's top institutes such as the IITs, NITs, BITS Pilani etc.
The Director of XIMB is Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J. and Prof. Biswa Swarup Misra is the Dean (Academics). The Chairman of the Board of Governors is Shri Rajive Kaul (Chairman, NICCO Corporation Ltd.). Other members include Shri Bijaya Kumar Patnaik (Chief Secretary, Government of Odisha), Shri J. P. Dua (CMD, Allahabad Bank), Shri Roopen Roy (M.D., Deloitte & Touche Consulting India Pvt. Ltd.) and Shri B. L. Bagra (CMD, National Aluminium Company Limited)
The academic programmes offered by XIMB are based on the standard model of management education practised globally. Under the academic curriculum of Xavier University, XIMB awards MBA degrees for various postgraduate programmes and PhD degrees for doctoral programmes.
Currently, XIMB offers the following academic programmes:
- Master's degree Programme in Business Management (MBA-BM)
- Master's degree Programme in Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)
- Master's degree Programme in Rural Management (MBA-RM)
- Master's degree Programme in Sustainability Management (MBA-SM)
- Master's degree Programme in Global Management and Leadership (MBA-Global)
- Integrated Doctoral Programme in Management ( MBA&PhD (Integrated PhD) )
- Doctoral Programme in Management (PhD)
- Executive Master's degree Programme in Business Management (Executive MBA)
- Executive Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Business Management (Exec. PGDM)
XIMB has international exchange of faculty and students with the following institutions
- University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB), Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
- Skarbek Graduate School of Business Economics, Warsaw, Poland
- Euromed Management – School of Management and Business, Marseille, France
- Reims Management School, Reims, France
- Antwerp Management School, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Fordham University, New York, USA
- Sellinger School of Business and Management, Loyola College of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Facultad de Economia – IQS, Barcelona, Spain
- Kyiv Investment Management Institute, Ukraine
- College of Management Law & Languages, Siauliai, Lithuania
- HHL-Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig, Germany
- IÉSEG School of Management, Lille – Paris, France
- Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, USA
- Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw, Poland
A Team of PGDM second year students from XIMB reached 4th place in the Rubicon International Business Case contest held in 2006, in Iserlohn, Germany. Incidentally, the team was the sole Asian finalist.
Research centres at XIMB include:
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) – XIMB Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Development Research and Training
- Centre for Case Research
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Utility Regulation Research Centre
- Centre for Development of Small and Micro Enterprises
- Centre for Healthcare Management
- Team Orissa Project Advisory Centre (TOPAX) 
- Centre for Resettlement and Rehabilitation and Corporate Social Responsibility
Various rankings for XIMB over the years:
- XIMB was ranked 10th by Business World 
- XIMB was placed among Super League 1 by AIMA 
- XIMB has been ranked 2nd in Academic Excellence in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- XIMB has been ranked 4th among top 10 Pvt. B-Schools in India in CNBC TV 18-C fore B-school survey 2011
- XIMB has been ranked 5th in Personality development & Industry exposure in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- XIMB has been ranked 7th across India in the Indian Management Best Business School Survey 2011
- XIMB has been ranked 8th in infrastructure and Facility in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- XIMB has been ranked 9th among top 15 B Schools of Super Excellence in CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2011
- XIMB has been ranked 10th in India in overall in the "Business World Magazines" B-School rankings of 2011
- XIMB has achieved 13th rank in the India's Best B-School ranking done by "OUTLOOK-MDRA SURVEY-2011" 
- Academic Block: XIMB has four administrative and academic buildings. The new academic block also has a board room, a conference room and a new examination hall. All the class rooms are air-conditioned and equipped with audio-video systems, overhead projectors, computers and wireless hotspots.
- Library: The three-storied library has a collection of printed and electronic resources which includes books, journals, working papers, audiovisual resources, dissertations, annual reports of corporate houses, volumes of periodicals, and international online databases on Management Development studies and related subjects.
- Residence: Students are required to stay on campus. There are separate residences for men and women. All the rooms are Wi-Fi enabled and the hostels have laser printing and Xerox facilities. The Studio apartment building has 113 furnished apartments for students, faculties and visiting professionals.
- Auditorium: The Institute has an air conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of approximately 850 people.
- Sports: There are two floodlit tennis courts and a basketball court, an indoor badminton court, a volleyball court, a jogging track and facilities for indoor sports, for students and faculty. The institute also houses a 24/7 multipurpose gymnasium.
- Extension of campus: To be named Xavier’s University, the institution will start its first campus in Puri district, followed by two more campuses in Sambalpur and Balangir districts. The first campus in Pipli, Puri, will be on 35 acres, whereas the Sambalpur and Balangir campuses will be built on 25 acres and 15 acres, respectively. Xavier’s University will offer both undergraduate and post-graduate programmes in areas such as environmental management, microfinance, healthcare management and disaster management.
There are a number of student committees for institute and student life.
The Student Executive Council (SEC) is the students’ council consisting of students itself, which handles and controls all the student activities and various committees.
XIMB has four core committees —
- IlluminatiX (the media and PR cell)
- Placement Committee
- Alumni Committee
- International Relations Committee 
Apart from this, there a number of functional committees,
- MAXIM: The Marketing Association
- CONSTRAT: The Consulting and Strategy Consortium
- X-FIN: The Finance Association
- X-SYS: The Systems Association
- X-OPS: The Operations Association
- XIMAHR :The HR Association
- RMAX :Rural Managers Association of XIMB
There are also a number of Interest committees like,
- XQuizzite: The Quizzing Society
- Spicmacay: Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Among Youth
- XPRESSIONS: The annual inter-B-school meet
- SRC: Social Responsibility Cell, XIMB
- XStage: The Cultural Club
- SportsCom: The Sports Committee of XIMB
- XSEED: The Entrepreneurship Development Cell, XIMB
Business and cultural events include "Xpressions", an annual business strategy games festival organised by the student community of XIMB.
"CELEBLITZ" is a celebrity night. Xpressions 2011 included appearances from Lucky Ali, Jagjit Singh, Euphoria and Jal.
This three day long interactive session organised by X – Fin (the Finance Club), MAXIM (The Marketing Association) and XOps (the Operations Team) is a national level event wherein guests from the industry are invited to share their views, experiences and ideas with the students. It works towards increasing the awareness, interest, and practical knowledge of the students.
THE HR SUMMIT
XIMAHR, the HR association of XIMB organises an HR Summit to allow students to interact with senior HR professionals and industry leaders.
Research papers by faculty
The school's curriculum is research-based and faculty is involved in research in a number of areas.
XIMB has been granted the South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) accreditation by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA). XIMB has been awarded the NBA Accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation from March 2009, for a period of 5 years for PGDM, 3 years for PGDM-RM & 3 years for PGDM-PT.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.|
- "The element of compassion".
- "Agents of Social Change".
- "Registration for academic programmes at XIMB and XUB".
- "Academic programmes at XIMB and XUB".
- "International Exchange at XIMB".
- "XIMB Alumni Special – Rubicon Winners in Iserlohn, Germany". 10 January 2007.
- "Research centres at XIMB".
- "IPICOL, XIMB to set up Project Advisory Centre". 7 July 2008.
- "Rankings of XIMB".
- "Business world - Overall Ranking-2012".
- "IndianManagement - AIMA".
- "Ranking of XIMB".
- "XIMB to open university, partially bypass AICTE". 28 April 2007.
- "Students - XIMB".
- "The element of compassion". 29 May 2012.
- "XIMB's biggest event Xpressions kicks off". 2 November 2007.
- "XIMB hosts business conclave".
- "XIMAHR organizes HR Summit".
- "Research and Publications - XIMB".
- "Quality Badge for XIMB". The Times Of India. 30 July 2008.
- "XIMB Gets SAQS Accredition". 30 July 2008.
- "NBA Accreditation for XIMB". 9 April 2009.
- "a membership for XIMB". 28 August 2008.