1858 in New Zealand
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Regal and viceregal
Government and law
The 2nd Parliament continues.
- Speaker of the House — Sir Charles Clifford
- Premier — Edward Stafford.
- Minister of Finance — William Richmond
- Chief Justice — Hon George Arney who had been appointed on 2 September 1857 arrives early in the year.
Provincial Council Chambers are constructed in Wellington. These will eventually become the seat of Parliament.
- 1 April: Frederic Truby King, health reformer, founder of Plunket Society.
- 1 November (in Australia): John Rigg, politician.
- John Luke, politician.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- List of years in New Zealand
- Timeline of New Zealand history
- History of New Zealand
- Military history of New Zealand
- Timeline of the New Zealand environment
- Timeline of New Zealand's links with Antarctica
Media related to 1858 in New Zealand at Wikimedia Commons