1967 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1967 in France.
- 5 March - Legislative Election held.
- 12 March - Legislative Election held.
- 19 March - A referendum in French Somaliland favors the connection to France.
- 29 March - The first French nuclear submarine, Le Redoutable, is launched.
- 6 April - Georges Pompidou begins to form the next French government.
- 24 July - During an official state visit to Canada, President Charles de Gaulle declares to a crowd of over 100,000 in Montreal: Vive le Québec libre! (Long live free Quebec!).
- 29 July - Georges Bidault moves to Belgium where he receives political asylum.
- 24 September - Cantonales Elections held.
- 1 October - Cantonales Elections held.
- 27 October - Charles De Gaulle vetoes British entry into the European Economic Community again.
- 17 November - Author Régis Debray is sentenced to 30 years imprisonment in Bolivia.
- 11 December - The Concorde aircraft is unveiled in Toulouse.
Arts and literature
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
January to March
- 25 January - David Ginola, soccer player.
- 24 February - Jean-Charles Gicquel, high jumper.
- 2 March - Thierry Lacroix, rugby union player.
- 6 March - Hervé Piccirillo, soccer referee.
- 7 March - Jean-Pierre Barda, pop star and actor.
- 17 March - Nathalie Marquay, beauty queen.
- 24 March - Philippe d'Encausse, pole vaulter.
- 24 March - Thierry Jarnet, jockey.
- 28 March - Christophe Brunet, judoka.
- 29 March - Nathalie Cardone, actress and singer.
April to June
- 3 April - Mathieu Kassovitz, director, screenwriter, producer and actor.
- 10 April - Bernard Pascual, soccer player.
- 19 April - Philippe Saint-André, rugby union player.
- 22 April - Valéry Grancher, Internet-based artist, performer, theorist, curator and lecturer.
- 24 April - Lionel Pérez, soccer player.
- 1 May - Nicolas Jean-Prost, ski jumper.
- 11 May - Patricia Chauvet, alpine skier.
- 22 May - Christophe Gagliano, judoka.
- 31 May - Sandrine Bonnaire, actress.
- 1 June - Olivier Delaître, tennis player.
- 21 June - Pierre Omidyar, entrepreneur and philanthropist/economist.
- 26 June
July to September
- 1 July - Jean-Claude Colotti, cyclist.
- 8 July - Stéphane Belmondo, jazz trumpeter and flugelhornist.
- 14 July - Valérie Pécresse, politician.
- 16 July - Christophe Rocancourt, impostor and con artist.
- 10 August - Jean-Guy Wallemme, soccer player, manager.
- 15 August - Frédéric Nihous, politician.
- 31 August - Stéphane Haccoun, boxer.
- 2 September - Fabrice Divert, soccer player.
- 3 September - Hubert Fournier, soccer player.
- 13 September - Franck Monnet, singer-songwriter.
- 19 September - Philippe Raschke, soccer player.
- 26 September - Éric Roy, soccer player.
October to December
- 2 October - Fabien Cousteau, aquatic filmmaker and oceanographic explorer.
- 7 October - Fabrice Moreau, soccer player.
- 13 October - Jean-Luc Dogon, soccer player.
- 14 November - Raphaël Piolanti, hammer thrower.
- 15 November - François Ozon, film director and screenwriter.
- 23 November - Christophe Cocard, soccer player.
- 5 December - Luc Jacquet, film director.
- 10 December - Daniel Dutuel, soccer player.
- 23 December - Carla Bruni, songwriter, singer and former model, third wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
Full date unknown
- Stéphane Allagnon, film director and screenwriter.
- Hervé Cuillandre, novelist and photographer.
- Isabelle Dinoire, first person to undergo a partial face transplant.
- Benoît Lecomte, long distance swimmer.
- Frédéric Lepied, computer engineer.
- Quentin Meillassoux, philosopher.
- Sandrine Veysset, film director.
January to June
- 26 January - Eugène Le Moult, naturalist and entomologist (born 1882).
- 27 January - Alphonse Juin, Marshal of France (born 1888).
- 19 April - Julien Peridier, electrical engineer and astronomer (born 1882).
- 21 April - André-Louis Danjon, astronomer (born 1890).
- 26 April - Jean Alexandre Barré, neurologist (born 1880).
- 26 June - Françoise Dorléac, actress (born 1942).
July to December
- 11 July - André Giriat, rower and Olympic medallist (born 1905).
- 25 July - Pierre Albert-Birot, author (born 1876).
- 28 July - Paul Rassinier, pacifist, political activist and author (born 1906).
- 1 August - Jacques Suzanne, painter, artist and explorer (born 1880).
- 12 August - Antoine Gilles Menier, businessman and municipal politician (born 1904).
- 18 August - Paule Maurice, composer (born 1910).
- 27 August - Henri-Georges Adam, engraver and sculptor (born 1904).
- 11 September - Georges Saillard, actor (born 1877).
- 18 September - Marcel Rey-Golliet, boxer (born 1893).
- 20 September - Henri Mulet, organist and composer (born 1878).
- 25 September - Octave Denis Victor Guillonnet, painter (born 1872).
- 9 October - André Maurois, author and man of letters (born 1885).
- 13 October - Georges Sadoul, journalist and cinema writer (born 1904).
- 14 October - Marcel Aymé, novelist and children's writer (born 1902).
- 30 October - Julien Duvivier, film director (born 1896).
- 6 November - Jean Dufay, astronomer (born 1896).
Full date unknown
- Stéphane Boudin, interior designer (born 1888).
- Marguerite Huré, stained glass artist (born 1895).
- Marcelle Lalou, Tibetologist (born 1890).
- Théodore Eugène César Ruyssen, historian of philosophy and pacifist (born 1868).