|Traded as||TSX: ELD
|Founder(s)||Richard Barclay, Michael Beley,Gary D. Nordin, Marco Romero, Chester Millar|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Key people||Paul N. Wright (CEO)
Ed Miu (CFO)
Eldorado gold is also the first North American company to successfully construct and operate a gold mine in China. Production from the mine in Western China commenced in 2007. There are operations in Greece.
In December 2011, Eldorado Gold Corp. agreed to buy European Goldfields Ltd. for about C$2.5 billion ($2.4 billion) in what would be its biggest acquisition. The acquisition proposal requires approval of at least two thirds of European Goldfields shareholders in a mid-February 2012 shareholders meeting.
- "Company Profile for Eldorado Gold Corp (CA;ELD)". Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- Suzanne Daley (January 13, 2013). "Greece Sees Gold Boom, but at a Price". The New York Times. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- "Eldorado to buy Sino Gold for $2 billion". Reuters. 2009-08-26.
- "Jinfing Production Report". Eldorado Gold. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Eldorado Falls the Most in Two Years Amid Plan to Buy European Goldfields". December 20, 2011.