|Branding||The CW 2.2 (general)
CW 2 News (newscasts)
|Slogan||TV Now &
Watching Out For You
|Channels||Digital: 28 (UHF)
Virtual: 35 (PSIP)
|Translators||KBOI-TV 2.2 Boise|
(via The CW Plus; 2011-present)
|Owner||Sinclair Broadcast Group
(Sinclair Boise Licensee, LLC)
|First air date||November 10, 1993|
|Former callsigns||K66EV (1993-2000)
|Former channel number(s)||66 (UHF, 1993-2000)|
|Former affiliations||Telefutura (2006-2008)
CBS (as KBOI repeater, 2008-2009)
|Transmitter power||150 kW
360 kW (KBOI-DT2)
858 m (KBOI-DT2)
|Public license information:||Profile
KYUU-LD is the CW-affiliated television station for Idaho's Treasure Valley. It broadcasts a low-powered high definition digital signal on UHF channel 28 from a transmitter at the Bogus Basin ski area summit in unincorporated Boise County. The station can also be seen on Cable One channels 5 and 485. Owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, KYUU is sister to CBS affiliate KBOI-TV and the two outlets share studios on North 16th Street in downtown Boise. It is branded as The CW 2.2, in reference to its carriage on KBOI-TV's second digital subchannel.
The station signed-on November 10, 1993 with the call sign K66EV and airing a signal on UHF channel 66. Until mid-December 2008, it was affiliated with the Spanish network Telefutura as KUNB-LP and broadcasting on channel 35. The station then began to simulcast sister station KBCI-TV (now KBOI-TV) until July 1, 2009, when it joined the Retro Television Network; the KYUU-LP call letters were assigned on June 10. At one point in time, the station was listed as a Univision affiliate but has never been affiliated with that network.
On September 12, 2011, KYUU-LP became Boise's CW affiliate, with RTV programming moving to a subchannel on KIVI-TV. At some point in 2012, KYUU-LP shut down its analog signal and started broadcasting in digital on digital channel 28, using 35.1 for its PSIP. On April 11, 2013, Fisher Communications announced that it would sell its properties, including KYUU-LD, to the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The deal was completed on August 8, 2013.
KYUU airs two weekday newscasts produced by KBOI, one at 7AM & one at 9PM. The prime time newscast airs against a broadcast airing on KNIN. Because KYUU-LD carries the national CW Plus feed, the newscasts respectfully preempt the 7AM half-hour of The Daily Buzz and syndicated programming seen in the 9PM slot.
- Trina Cobbley - weekday morning news and producer
- Natalie Hurst - weeknight news
- Mike Murad - weeknight news
- Vin Crosby - weeknight meteorologist
- Clyn Richards - Chief Photographer
- Tami Tremblay - investigative
- Glen Beeby
- Scott Logan
- Jacqulyn Powell
- Deni Hawkins
- Malone, Michael (April 11, 2013). "Sinclair to Acquire Fisher Stations for $373 Million". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Sinclair Broadcast Group Closes On Fisher Communications Acquisition". All Access. August 8, 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Official website
- KBOI-TV website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KYUU-LD
- Query TV Fool's coverage map for KYUU-LD
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KYUU-LD