|Alma mater||University of Illinois|
Genetics Society of America Medal (2012)
Joanne Chory ForMemRS is an American plant biologist. Professor Chory is Director of the Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Laboratory, at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator. She holds the Howard H. and Maryam R. Newman Chair in Plant Biology.
Chory is a Director and Professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies. She is also an Adjunct Professor in the Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, UC San Diego. On their website, she states: "Our studies are relevant to plant adaptation to global climate change."
She obtained her bachelor's degree in Biology from Oberlin College, Ohio, and her PhD in Microbiology from the University of Illinois. She was a postdoctoral fellow at the Harvard Medical School in the lab of Dr. Frederick M. Ausubel.
Honours and awards
- "Professor Joanne Chory ForMemRS". The Royal Society. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Joanne Chory". Salk Institute for Biological Studies. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Joanne Chory". UC San Diego. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Friedmann, Lynne (May 26, 2011). "Research Report: Salk scientist Joanne Chory lauded". La Jolla Light.
- "Salk Professor Joanne Chory Awarded 2012 Genetics Society of America Medal". Newswise. January 20, 2012.
- Biography and research at Howard Hughes Medical Institute