Jourdan Dunn backstage at the Anna Sui fashion show.
3 August 1990 |
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Measurements||32-23-35 (US); 81-58-89 (EU)|
|Dress size||2 (US), 6 (UK), 34 (EU)|
|Shoe size||10 (US), 40 (EU)|
|Manager||Storm Model Management|
Jourdan Dunn (born 3 August 1990) is an English fashion model. She was discovered in Hammersmith Primark in 2006 and signed to Storm Model Management in London shortly thereafter. In 2008, she was the first black model to walk a Prada runway in over a decade. She has attracted attention because of the lack of black models in the fashion modelling industry.
Dunn made her runway debut in the New York shows in the fall of 2007, walking in shows for Marc Jacobs and Polo Ralph Lauren, among others. In 2007, she was featured on British Vogue as a "new star," and in 2008 Style.com listed her as one of the top 10 newcomers.
In July 2008, Steven Meisel selected Dunn to appear on the cover of theVogue Italia issue devoted entirely to black models. She has also been featured on the cover of Vogue, Vogue (UK) and Teen Vogue, as well as covering i-D, Pop, Elle, The Sunday Times Style Magazine, Ponystep, ASOS.com magazine and Luella.
She has appeared in editorials for American, Italian, French, British, Russian, Japanese and Teen Vogue, Elle, i-D, Dazed & Confused, W, Pop and V. In Teen Vogue's November 2009 issue on which she appears alongside Chanel Iman, she discusses her and Chanel's previous competitive relationship in the accompanying article.
In November 2008, Dunn was named "Model of the Year" at the British Fashion Awards. She has garnered attention for her legs and for her walk which she says she practises frequently with very tall heels, walking over 60 shows during the spring 2009 season.
During the 2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony, Dunn was one of the British models wearing bespoke fashions created by British designers specifically for the event. The other models were Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, David Gandy, Karen Elson, Lily Donaldson, Georgia May Jagger and Stella Tennant. She wore a gold and white gown by Jonathan Saunders with feathered headdress by Stephen Jones.
In March 2013, Dunn appeared as the cover story in Net-a-Porter's "The Edit." In it she spoke of encountering discrimination telling the magazine that casting agents would say clients “didn't want any more black girls”. 
She is currently ranked 28th on the Top 50 Models Women list by models.com.
Personal life 
Dunn grew up in Greenford, West London.
She has one child, Riley, a boy, born 8 December 2009 in London. She had been with her boyfriend, the baby's father, for five years  before he was arrested just two months after her son was born for dealing cocaine. Riley has been diagnosed with Sickle-cell disease.
- "Profile Jourdan Dunn on storm models". stormmodels.com. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "Jourdan Dunn". New York. Retrieved 4 December 2008.
- Marrin, Minette (11 March 2008). "Jourdan Dunn is the colour of money". The Sunday Times (London). Retrieved 4 December 2008.
- "Jourdan Dunn". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 4 December 2008.
- Jones, Dolly (14 September 2007). "A New Star from Storm". Retrieved 4 December 2008.
- Bumpus, Jessica (6 October 2008). "The New Vogue". Retrieved 4 December 2008.
- Keltner, Jane. "Double Whammy". teenvogue.com. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- "Jourdan model of the year". The Scotsman (Edinburgh). 27 November 2008. Retrieved 5 January 2009.
- "Catching Up with Jourdan Dunn". Teen Vogue. 8 September 2008. Retrieved 4 December 2008.
- British Fashions | London Olympics Closing Ceremony
- Olympic Closing Ceremony | Fashion Shoot
- Cover Story | Jourdan Dunn: Thy Will be Dunn
- Moss, Hilary (26 February 2010). "Jourdan Dunn's Baby's Father Arrested For Dealing Cocaine: Report". Huffington Post.
- Moss, Hilary (28 March 2011). "Jourdan Dunn Opens Up About Son's Illness, Being A Single Mother". Huffington Post.
- Style.com Photos of Jourdan Dunn
- Harper's Bazaar interview with Jourdan Dunn
- Jourdan Dunn at the Fashion Model Directory