||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (April 2014)|
|Birth name||Mariana Espósito|
October 10, 1991
Origin: half Brazilian half Argntnait,
|Occupation(s)||Actress, singer, model, dancer, businesswoman|
|Labels||Sony Music (2003 - Present) / (2014 - present)
Mariana "Lali" Espósito (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈla.li es.po.si.t̪o], born October 10, 1991), known professionally simply as Lali Espósito, is an Argentine actress, singer, model, dancer and businesswoman. Espósito began her career as a child actress in 2003 when she joined the cast of the children's telenovela Rincón de Luz, created by producer Cris Morena. She had other subsequent supporting roles in telenovelas Chiquititas and Floricienta and a main role in Casi Ángeles, all of them created by Morena. The latter rocketed her to fame in Latin America, Europe and Israel.
From 2007 to 2012, Espósito, along with four other cast members from Casi Ángeles, was part of the teen pop band Teen Angels, which originated from Casi Ángeles. The group was commercially successful internationally, and toured throughout Argentina and countries such as Israel, Spain, Chile and Uruguay. Espósito also sang in the soundtracks of Rincón de Luz, Floricienta and Chiquititas. Following her role in the unsuccessful 2011 telenovela Cuando me sonreís and her portrayal of Abigail Williams in the Buenos Aires production of The Crucible, Espósito made her film debut in La pelea de mi vida in 2012, starring alongside Mariano Martínez and Federico Amador. In January 2013, she began acting in the television comedy Solamente Vos, as the daughter of Adrián Suar's character.
In 2013, she announced the release of A Bailar, her debut solo album, with an EDM sound. "A Bailar" was released as the album's lead single; it went on to chart within the top 20 on iTunes charts in Argentina and Israel, while its music video has broken record views on YouTube.
"A Bailar" was released on March 21, 2014. For two weeks it became the best selling album of Argentina. Her second single, Asesina, surpassed the first, getting more than half a million views YouTube in less than a week of its release. On March 29 she got the reward for Best Latin Artist at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards in the United States. Its fame turned into an Argentine cultural heritage.
Shoe size: 6 U.S.
Bra size: d35
Hair color: dyed blond
Eyes color: dark brown
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Artistic career
- 3 Other work
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Discography
- 6 Singles
- 7 Tours
- 8 Model
- 9 Awards and nominations
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Lali is the daughter of José María Riera, health visiting and road-manager of her tour, and Carlos Espósito, a football coach. She has two siblings, Patricio Espósito and Ana Laura Espósito.She was born in Parque Patricios, later she moved to Banfield. She currently resides in Palermo, Buenos Aires. He completed his secondary education at the Colegio San Vicente de Paul, in Parque Patricios.
According to a survey in the journal The Ranking was ranked No. 3 among the 25 Sexiest Women of Argentina.
In 2014 she was named one of 100 Spanish-speaking celebrities most influential on Twitter, getting the number 27 position.
1998–2006: Early work; Rincón de Luz, Floricienta and Chiquititas
Espósito made her television debut on a children's program called Caramelito y vos (English: Caramelito And You) in 1998, when she was only six years old. She made her acting debut in Rincón de luz (Corner of Light), a successful children's television series created by Cris Morena, in which she played one of the main supporting characters Malena "Coco" Cabrera. A year later, Espósito appeared as Roberta in Floricienta, another successful series by Cris Morena. In 2006, she portrayed Agustina Ross in a new rendition of Cris Morena's highly successful children's series Chiquititas (Tiny Angels). Espósito also participated in stage adaptations of these three series.
Espósito debuted as a singer on soundtrack albums for Rincón de luz, Floricienta and Chiquititas. All these albums enjoyed commercial success in Argentina and numerous other countries, most notably Israel.
2007–2010: Success with Casi Ángeles and Teen Angels
In 2007, Espósito landed her first leading role on television, Marianella "Mar" Rinaldi in series Casi ángeles (Almost Angels), also created by Morena and produced by Cris Morena Group. It soon became one of the most popular adolescent television programs in Argentina, Latin America and Israel. The series lasted from 2007 to 2010, enjoying high ratings and earning four Martín Fierro Awards for Best Juvenile Program.
While starring the Cris Morena Group series Casi ángeles, Espósito became one of five members of successful pop band Teen Angels, signed to Sony BMG, along with Gastón Dalmau, Juan Pedro Lanzani, Nicolás Riera and María Eugenia Suárez. Teen Angeles reached success in countries such as Argentina, Israel, Chile, Peru, Spain and Uruguay. Although Casi ángeles ended in 2010, the band announced they would continue working together, with Rochi Igarzábal replacing María Eugenia Suárez. However, Teen Angels disbanded in 2012, and held their last concert on 11 October 2012 in Córdoba. Teen Angels, el adiós, a 3D concert film about Teen Angels, was released in 2013 and marked the definitive end of the group.
From 2007 to 2012, Teen Angels released six studio albums, five of which were certified platinum, and one of which was certified gold by the Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers. They were also spokespersons for numerous brands, such as Coca-Cola. The band won a Clarín Award, a Kids' Choice Award Argentina, two Los 40 Principales Awards, and a Quiero Award, and three nominations for Carlos Gardel Awards.
2011–2013: Cuando me sonreis, The Crucible, Solamente vos and A bailar (single)
After the end of Casi Angeles, Espósito adopted her nickname Lali, by which she had been known to her friends and family, as her stage name.
In 2011, Espósito starred on Cuando me sonreís, a new television series by Tomás Yankelevich, opposite Facundo Arana, Julieta Díaz and Benjamín Rojas. The following year, Espósito portrayed Abigail Williams in the Buenos Aires production of The Crucible by Arthur Miller, and made her film debut with La pelea de mi vida (The Fight of My Life), which also starred Mariano Martínez and Federico Amador.
Since January 2013, Espósito had starred the Pol-ka series Solamente vos (Only You), along with Adrián Suar and Natalia Oreiro, as Daniela, one of its leading characters. In 2013, Espósito announced she would release her first album as a solo artist, entitled A bailar. When asked about the album's genre, she described it as mainly dance with hip hop influences. The album's lead single "A bailar", was released for digital download in her website on August 5, causing it to collapse. On September 2, Espósito presented the music video for "A bailar" at the prominent La Trastienda Club. "A bailar" gets the same day of its release 100,000 views on YouTube and the single entered the top 20 on iTunes Latin and iTunes Israel. well positioned in the top of the music charts and radio channels in Latin America, Italy and Israel.
On March 21, 2014 goes on sale the debut album, A bailar, which includes the hit musical that names the album, along with nine other songs more. With the launch of music album, released their second video clip, Asesina, which beats record YouTube views in Argentina, getting more than 500,000 views in five days. "Asesina" reached the number one position in "Best Latin summer 2014" in Italy.
On March 15, six days before the album's release, he made his first international musical show in Caccerta, Italy, compared to over 6000 people. On April 19 she is presented at the Opera Theatre of Buenos Aires Argentina, with more than 3000 people. She became the first Argentinian to win the "Kids Choice Awards" in the United States for the Best Latin Artist.
In April she begins her first national A Bailar Tour, which includes Buenos Aires, Rosario, Santa Fe, Olavarria Tandil, Cordoba and Bahia Blanca. He undertook a tour of Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Spain and Italy, and sang as support act for Ricky Martin at the opening of Coca Cola in concert, held in Buenos Aires on October 26, 2014.
In November 2014 he signed with Sony Music and presented the third single from their debut album "Mil años luz", whose video was released three months later. He also received the Kids Choice Awards Award Argentina Argentina favorite artist, and I want the best video award for best female artist and choreography video for "A bailar" and "Asesina" respectively.
In December he released the CD + DVD of A dance, a special limited edition of the album, which contains live songs, video clips, a documentary of the tour and a new single "Del otro lado". In March 2015, introduced the clip of the single.
In 2015 starred in the telenovela Esperanza mía with Mariano Martinez in "El trece" and under production of Pol-ka. Plays the character of Julia "Esperanza" Albarrazin a young woman who settles in a convent by posing for a novice. Lali also performs the theme song of the series.
Espósito has been spokesperson for numerous brands, either independently or with her Teen Angels fellows. Her first commercial was for the children's fashion label MCbody Jeans. In 2007, she signed an exclusive contract with Promesse, a well-known Argentine lingerie brand, and has done most of her photo sessions with Luisana Lopilato. In 2009, Espósito and Juan Pedro Lanzani did a special promotion for KEFF body spray for Israeli market. Since 2011, she has been the spokesperson for the lingerie brand Lara Teens. In 2014 he starred in the commercial conditioner Biokur in Uruguay and feminine wipes commercial Carefree in Argentina.
In May 2010, Espósito and her Teen Angels fellows participated in an action organized by the Biodiversity Foundation on the occasion of the World Biodiversity Day and raised the awareness of the importance of preserving biodiversity.
In 2014 he participated in the concert by the Guest Foundation in Teatro Opera, for the celebration of the twenty-five years of fighting HIV. In 2015 he starred in the solidarity campaign "Flood, what are we doing?" if the foundation to help flood victims in the city of Córdoba.
|2012||La pelea de mi vida||Belén||3D||Jorge Nisco||Argentina|
|2013||Teen Angels, el adiós en 3D||Herself||3D concert film||Juan Manuel Jiménez||Argentina|
|2014||A los 40||Melissa||Bruno Ascenzo||Peru|
|2003||Rincón de luz||Malena "Coco" Cabrera|
|2007-2010||Casi ángeles||Marianella "Mar" Tallarico Rinaldi||Awarded— Ciudad Awards for favorite actress
Nominated— Kids Choice Awards for favorite actress
|2011||Cuando me sonreís||Milagros "Mili" Rivas||Awarded— Ciudad Awards for favorite actress|
|2013||Solamente Vos||Daniela Cousteau||Awarded— Kids Choice Awards for favorite actress
Nominated— Premios Tato for best actress
|2015||Esperanza mía||Julia Albarracín / Esperanza|
|2003||Rincón de luz||Malena "Coco" Cabrera||Gran Rex|
|2004-2005||Floricienta||Roberta Espinoza||Gran Rex|
|2006||Chiquititas||Augustina Ross||Gran Rex|
|2007-2010||Casi ángeles||Marianella "Mar" Tallarico Rinaldi||Gran Rex|
|2011-2012||Teen Angels||Gran Rex|
|2012||Las Brujas de Salem||Abigail Williams||Broadway|
|2014||Casi Normales||-||(1 función, as a guest star)|
|Title||Album details||Peak positions||Sales||Certifications|
As main artist
|"A Bailar"||2013||1||A Bailar|
|"Del Otro Lado"||2015||—|
|"Mil Años Luz"||2014|
|"Amor de Verdad"
(featuring Zetta Krome)
|2013||A Bailar||Juan Ripari|
|No Estoy Sola|
|2015||Mil Años Luz|
|Del Otro Lado|
|No digas nada||Rincón de luz||2003|
|Me pasan cosas||Chiquititas 24 horas||2006|
|Por una sola vez||Chiquititas 24 horas||2006|
|Escapare||Teen Angels I||2007|
|Hay un lugar||Teen Angels II||2008|
|Siento||Teen Angels III||2009|
|Me voy||Tee Angels IV||2010|
|Dime por qué||Teen Angels V||2011|
|Amor de agua y sal||Solamente vos||2013|
|Me haces volar||Solamente vos||2013|
|El amor que asoma||Solamente vos||2013|
|Frente a tí||Solamente vos||2013|
- 2014-2015: A Bailar Tour
with Teen Angels
- 2008: Casi Angeles and Teen Angels Tour 2008
- 2009: Casi Angeles and Teen Angels Tour 2009
- 2010: Casi Angeles "Goodbye" and Teen Angels Tour 2010
- 2011: Teen Angels Tour 2011
- 2012: El Adiós Tour
- 2011: Britney Spears – Femme Fatale Tour (along with Teen Angels)
- 2014: Ricky Martin - Show in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Mcbody Jeans (2004-2005)
- Muaa (2006)
- Promesse (2007-2009)
- Coca-Cola (2009)
- Dios las cría (2009)
- Keeff (2009) (Israel)
- Lara By Sigry (2011-2014)
- Bio Kur (2014) (Uruguay)
- Carefree (2014)
Awards and nominations
||Most searched celebrity on the internet||Herself||Won||
||Best New Pop Artist Album||A Bailar||Pending||
|Best Female Pop Album||Pending|
||Favorite Latin Artist||Herself||Won||
||Favorite Actress||Solamente vos||Won||
|TwittStar of the Year||Herself||Won|
||Argentina favorite artist||Won||
|Music of the year||A Bailar||Won|
|Celebrity of Twitter||Herself||Nominated|
Latin Music Italian Awards
||Latin Song of the Summer||Asesina||Won||
|Best Latin Female Video of The Year||Won|
|Best Latin Female Artist of The Year||Herself||Won|
|Best Latin Female Album of The Year||A Bailar||Won|
|Best Latin Live in Italy of The Year||A Bailar Tour||Nominated|
||Argentine Twittstar of the Year||Herself||Won||
||Argentine Instagramer of the Year||Pending|
||Best Juvenile Actress||Casi Angeles||Won||
||Best Female Video||A Bailar||Won||
|Best Pop Video||Nominated|
||Best Supporting Actress||Solamente vos||Nominated||
||Song of the Year||A Bailar||Nominated||
|Actress of the Year||Solamente vos||Nominated|
|Singer of the year||Nominated|
- #03- Sexiest Women of Argentina (The Ranking) (2014)
- #27- Spanish-speaking celebrities most influential twitter (2014)
- Sánchez Mariño, Juan Cruz (6 August 2013). "Hoy me siento más adulta y mandada". Gente Magazine (Atlántida) (2507): 93–98. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "La nueva princesita del dance". Clarín (in Spanish). July 6, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Costelo, Soledad (26 July 2013). "'Ya en TeenAngels me decian que tenia que hacer mi música'" (PDF). Paparazzi Magazine (Atlántida) (611). Retrieved 30 July 2013.
Tiene base de dance, de hip hop y mucho sonidito de dubstep
- "Lali Espósito lanza un proyecto musical como solista: "Va a ser una locura"". Diario El Sol (in Spanish). July 7, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Lali Espósito. Presentó "Lali", su primer disco solista.". Clarín (in Spanish). September 4, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "¡El récord de Lali Espósito en menos de dos días!". Pronto (in Spanish). September 18, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Mariana Espósito – La página". www.marianae.com.ar (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Biografía y entrevista a Mariana Espósito". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Vásquez, Sonia (20 September 2010). "Mariana Espósito ya no está "chiquitita"". El Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Chiquititas". Cris Morena Group. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Music Publishing". Cris Morena Group. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sánchez Mariño, Juan Cruz (13 October 2009). "Queremos ser felices, enamorarnos y cambiar el mundo". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Todos los nominados al Martín Fierro". Clarín (in Spanish). 9 April 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Ancillary Business – Record Albums". Cris Morena Group. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teenangels visita España y edita nuevo disco". Los 40 Principales (in Spanish). 9 March 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Los Teen Angels conquistaron a los jóvenes limeños". El Comercio (in Spanish). 2 May 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "TeenAngels llega a Chile". La Tercera (in Spanish). 5 August 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sánchez Mariño, Juan Cruz (27 January 2011). "Nos queremos mucho como para separarnos". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sánchez Mariño, Joaquín (1 March 2011). "Los cambios siempre te hacen madurar". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "¿Se separan los Teen Angels?". www.sonicomusica.com (in Spanish). 20 January 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "El último show de TeenAngels en fotos". www.sonicomusica.com (in Spanish). 11 October 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Se confirmó el esperado regreso de Casi Ángeles". YUPS (in Spanish). 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Los Teen Angels hablaron de su película". Infobae (in Spanish). March 13, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "El segundo CD de ‘Casi Angeles‘ alcanzó el platino". Nuevo diario web (in Spanish). 4 May 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels logra un Disco de Platino con su última placa". www.terra.com.ar (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels recibió el Disco de Oro". Teen Angels (in Spanish). 25 August 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Coca Cola pisa fuerte con "Hoy quiero" en la costa". infokioscos.com.ar (in Spanish). 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels y Sueña Conmigo, los más nominados a los Kids' Choice Awards Argentina". www.26noticias.com.ar. 2011.
- "Teen Angels ganadores de los Premios 40 Principales a la mejor artista nacional de Argentina". Casi ángeles (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "TeenAngels: Ganadores de Los Premios 40 Principales por segundo año consecutivo". Primicias Ya (in Spanish). 10 December 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Todos los nominados a los Premios Gardel 2009". Pronto (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels nominados a los premios Gardel". Todo de Cris (in Spanish). 21 September 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels nominado a los Premios Gardel 2011". Teen Angels (in Spanish). 26 October 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Arrancan las grabaciones de Solamente vos". television.com.ar (in Spanish). 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "La chica del videoclip". Clarín (in Spanish). July 29, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Lali Espósito grabó su primer videoclip, 'A Bailar': 'Estoy con todas las pilas puestas'". Pronto.com.ar (in Spanish). July 29, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Lali Espósito colapsó la web: se lanzó como solista". Diario Popular (in Spanish). 7 August 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "A bailar con Lali y ONMAG". OMAG. 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Lali Espósito presenta el video clip de "A bailar" y te invita a que la acompañes". Pronto (in Spanish). 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Lali Espósito rompe récord!". Mundo TKM (in Spanish). September 12, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Mariana Esposito tambien cara de Promesse". foro.univision.com (in Spanish). 23 March 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Fotos de Mariana Espósito en Promesse Primavera/Verrano 2009". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Fotos de Mariana Espósito en Promesse Otoño/Invierno 2009". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "También me podés oler". Clarín (in Spanish). August 6, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Lali Espósito lanzará su perfume". Pronto (in Spanish). September 18, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Concierto "Bravo por la Tierra"" (in Spanish). May 19, 2010. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Piñeiro Prod y Lali Espósito juntos acompañando a Best Buddies". infolaliesposito.blogspot.com.ar (in Spanish). August 16, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Ranking Mensual" (in Spanish). CAPIF. Retrieved May 5, 2015. To view the chart position Select '2014' and 'Diciembre'.
- "A Bailar #1 - Raking del 14 al 20 de febrero" (in Spanish). CAPIF. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Most searched celebrity on the internet, Ciudad.com Awards 2011" (in Spanish). cmd. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Most searched celebrity on the internet, Ciudad.com Awards 2012" (in Spanish). diariopanorama. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Most searched celebrity on the internet, Ciudad.com Awards 2013" (in Spanish). elesquiu. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Gardel Awards 2015" (in Spanish). infonews. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Kids' Choice Awards 2014" (in Spanish). diaadia. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Kids' Choice Awards 2015" (in Spanish). mundonick. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "KCA Argentina 2013" (in Spanish). infobae. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "KCA Argentina 2014" (in Spanish). periodismo.com. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Latin Music Itlian Awards 2014" (in Spanish). Latin Music Official. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Moda Awards 2013" (in Spanish). tvshow. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "MTV Millenial Awards 2014" (in Spanish). mtvla. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Best Juvenile Actress, Pronto Awards 2009" (in Spanish). espositofanslove. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Best Juvenile Actress, Pronto Awards 2010" (in Spanish). espositofanslove. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Pronto Awards 2014" (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Tato Awards" (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "TKM Awards 2013" (in Spanish). mundotkm. Retrieved May 7, 2015.