List of open-source healthcare software
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of open source healthcare)
- 1 Categories
- 1.1 Public health and biosurveillance
- 1.2 Dental management and patient record
- 1.3 Electronic health or medical record
- 1.4 Medical practice management software
- 1.5 Health system management
- 1.6 Imaging/visualization
- 1.7 Medical information systems
- 1.8 Research
- 1.9 Mobile devices
- 1.10 Out-of-the-box distributions
- 1.11 Interoperability testing
- 1.12 Libraries and units
- 2 See also
- 3 References
Public health and biosurveillance
- Epi Info is public domain statistical software for epidemiology developed by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler is a tool, originally developed at IBM Research, for modeling and visualizing the spread of infectious diseases.
Dental management and patient record
- Open Dental is the first open-source dental management package with very broad capabilities on record management, patient scheduling and dental office management.
Electronic health or medical record
(In alphabetical order)
- Bots open source edi translator is a cross-platform GPL licenced edi software framework. All HIPAA transactions are supported. Bots uses django; databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL are supported.
- CottageMed is a cross-platform electronic medical record system based on FileMaker. CottageMed is released under the GPL
- FreeMED is a practice management and electronic and computer records system. It allows the tracking of medical data, in detail, with preservation not just of the diagnosis but the reasons for medical encounters. FreeMED is released under the GPL
- GaiaEHR is a modern open source electronic health record developed using PHP and Ext JS.
- GNUmed is a WxPython application that uses PostgreSQL.
- GNU Health is a free, centralized, highly scalable health and hospital information system
- Hospital OS Open source hospital information system in Thai
- HOSxP is a hospital information system, including Electronic health record (EHR), in use in over 70 hospitals across Thailand.
- Mirth (software) is an open source cross-platform HL7 interface engine that enables bi-directional sending of HL7 messages between systems and applications over multiple transports.
- NOSH ChartingSystem (source code) is an electronic health record system and patient portal system based on Laravel (framework), PHP, and jQuery.
- openEHR is an open standard specification in health informatics that describes the management and storage, retrieval and exchange of health data in electronic health records (EHRs) following a two-level modelling paradigm.
- OpenEMR an open-source PHP-based  electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- OpenMRS is a community-developed, open-source, enterprise EMR framework. Extensible and scalable EMR based on Java.
- OSCAR McMaster an open-source electronic medical record (EMR) software. The billing component of the software is specialized for the needs of the Canadian health-care providers.
- THIRRA (EHR) is a web based EHR application designed primarily for narrowband. It was released under the Mozilla Public License and includes communicable diseases biosurveillance feature. THIRRA uses PHP5, CodeIgniter and PostgreSQL.
- VistA – Veterans Administrations integrated electronic health record system available for non-governmental use as OSEHRA VistA or OpenVista or WorldVistA.
- ZEPRS The ZEPRS application is an electronic patient record system that enables clinicians to enter data from patient visits using a web browser.
- SmartCare is a C# windows based EHR application, with working installations in Zambia, Ethiopia and South Africa. It is designed with the state of poor connectivity in developing countries in mind, making use of SmartCards to store patient level information. Its core development team is based in Zambia where the Government has adopted it as its national EHR.
- Rugged EHR is an open source, CDA and HL7 v3 standards based EHR. It has been designed for national and international ambulatory care providers. Out of the box Health Information Exchange (HIE) compatibility using the IHE XDR, XDS, and XCA standards. Direct Project standard secure communication. ICD-10, SNOMED, and LOINC terminology standards.
Medical practice management software
- ClearHealth covers the five major areas of practice operations including scheduling, billing, EMR, HIPAA Security and accounts receivable.
- FreeMED is a practice management and electronic and computer records system. It allows the tracking of medical data, in detail, with preservation not just of the diagnosis but the reasons for medical encounters. FreeMED is released under the LGPL GNU license. FreeMED is an HIPAA compliant FOSS practice management system that handles billing.
- GNU Health is a free, centralized, highly scalable health and hospital information system
- MedinTux MedinTux is a French medical practice management system, with a web interface as well as a desktop one, that has been initially to manage a hospital emergency department. Being very modular, it has been extended to run also many different smaller practices. It works on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows
- Open Dental Dental practice management
- OpenEMR A free medical practice management, electronic medical records, prescription writing, and medical billing application.
- Practice Manager is an open source, CDA and HL7 v3 standards based, modern practice management system. It has been designed for national and international ambulatory care providers. Out of the box Health Information Exchange (HIE) compatibility using the IHE XDR, XDS, and XCA standards. Direct Project standard secure communication. ICD-10, SNOMED, and LOINC terminology standards.
- Prescription Pad A Medial Software that ensures 100% safe, fool-proof & first rate prescription to a patient,facility for checking drug interactions and duplication's automatically along with safety parameters like pregnancy , lactation, children, elderly, hepatic insufficiency, renal insufficiency & pulmonary insufficiency once you enter brands in the prescription writing area. A new Prescription would take even less than 2 minutes to complete.
Health system management
- DHIS Open-source district health management information system and data warehouse (license: BSD license)
- HRHIS Open-source human resource for health information system for management of human resources for health developed by University of Dar es Salaam, Department of Computer Science, for Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (Tanzania) and funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) (license: GPLv3)
- Drishti is a volumetric visualisation package for viewing computer tomography data. Able to import DICOM image stacks.
- Endrov Image and data viewer and editor
- ITK segmentation and registration toolkit
- InVesalius 3D medical imaging reconstruction software
- ITK-SNAP Interactive software for 3D image navigation, annotation and automatic segmentation
- Ginkgo CADx Cross-platform open source DICOM viewer and dicomizer.
- MITK - Medical Imaging Interaction Toolkit for interactive medical image processing.
- Orthanc – Lightweight, RESTful DICOM store
- OsiriX – 3D DICOM medical viewer for Mac OS X. Complete DICOM Viewer with DICOM network support
- ParaView large-scale visualization tool
- 3DSlicer Platform for medical image visualization and algorithm development. DICOM support, segmentation and registration, Diffusion MRI processing, and image guided surgery support.
- Voreen volume rendering engine—a library for visually exploring volume data sets. DICOM is supported and Voreen is used in medical visualization as well as for visualizing electron microscopy data.
- VTK visualization toolkit
- Xebra (medical imaging software)
- GIMIAS workflow-oriented environment focused on biomedical image computing and simulation
Medical information systems
- Caisis is a web based information system for the storage and analysis of cancer patient data intended to bridge the gap between clinic and research (license: GPL)
- LabKey Server is an extensible platform for integrating, analyzing and sharing all types of biomedical research data. It provides secure, web-based access to research data and includes a customizable data processing pipeline.
- Ushahidi Allows people to submit crisis information through text messaging using a mobile phone, email or web form. Displays information in map view.
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) tasked MITRE with developing an open-source program called Cypress to test EHR software for compliance with the Meaningful Use Stage 2 Clinical Quality Measures.
- The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT) and MITRE developed an open-source program called Laika to test EHR software for compliance with CCHIT interoperability data standards, including the HITSP C32 XML and HL7 v2 Lab messages.
Libraries and units
- PUMA Repository, a collection of Pascal units for medical informatics, including a converter for units of measurement and an HL7 engine.
- Electronic medical record
- Gello Expression Language
- Health informatics
- Hospital information systems
- List of freeware health software
- List of open-source bioinformatics software