List of top association football goal scorers
|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (January 2013)|
This is a list of top goal scorers in association football.
This ranking is based just by the RSSSF, which does count club and national goals and goals scored in friendly matches. RSSSF also counts matches in lower divisions as well as in club's amateur and reserve teams, junior national teams and in other selection teams like some Pelé's matches in military team (NOTE: Pelé's 14 goals for Brazil's military team are a number of goals so insignificant that aren't worth mentioning [ see  ]. Besides, Pelé's 1282 official goals computed in his records were never scored in 'lower divisions as well as in club's amateur and reserve teams or junior national teams' (as it seems to be the case of Gerd Müller).  Also Friendereich's, Bican and Binder records belong to the untrustworthy 30-50's data what makes them innapropriate to match Pelé's.
|1.||Josef Bican||Austria Czech Republic||1931–1956||918||1468||1.59|
|5.||Franz Binder||Austria Germany||1930–1949||756||1006||1.33|
|8.||Ferenc Puskás||Hungary Spain||1943–1966||754||746||0.98|
- List is about players who have scored over 746 goals in official and international games.
- According to American website 'Nuke Soccer' (nukesoccer.com), the Brazilian Arthur Friedenreich Brazil (career 1909–1935) had 1329 goals in 1239 matches as RSSSF states 557 in 562. Also, Nuke Soccer mentions Franz Binder (career 1930–1949) having 1006 goals in 756 matches. In RSSSF, Binder has 546 goals in official matches.
- List of top association football goal scorers by country
- List of footballers with 50 or more international goals
- RSSSF: Prolific Scorers Data. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Nuke Soccer