Mana Aghaee (Persian: مانا آقایی ), born in 1973 in Bushehr, Bushehr Province, Iran, in southern Iran,is a Persian poet, translator and podcast producer. Since 1987 Mana Aghaee lives in Stockholm, Sweden. She is the daughter of the Iranian scholar and poet Shirzad Aghaee. She has a M.A. degree in Iranian languages from Uppsala University, Sweden, and is a specialist in modern Persian literature. Mana Aghaee was the founder and co-producer of Sherophone, the first biweekly podcast of Persian poetry in 2010.
Collections of poetry
- Dar imtidad-i parvaz, Vällingby (Sweden), 1991.
- Marg agar labha-yi tura dasht, Bushehr (Iran), 2003.
- Man 'Isa ibn-i khudam, Stockholm (Sweden), 2007.
- Zimistan mashugh-i man ast, Stockholm (Sweden), 2012.
- Belonging: New Poetry by Iranians around the World, edited by Niloufar Talebi, (North Atlantic Books, 2008).
- The Poetry of Iranian Women, a contemporary anthology edited by Sheema Kalbasi, (Reelcontent Publishing, 2008).
- Rattapallax nr 13- Endangered Languages & Poetry edited by Catherine Feltcher, New York, (Rattapallax Press, 2006).
- Private nr 42 - International Review of Photographs and Texts, (Oriano Sportelli Publisher, Autumn 2008).
- Havapeyma-i be arami-ye sanjaghak, Teheran(Iran), 2014. (Persian)
- More than 100 translations of Swedish, Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese and Korean poetry into Persian.
- Lexikon över iranska författare i Sverige (A Bibliography of Iranian Writers in Sweden), Uppsala, 2002. (Swedish)
- Ketabshenasi-ye she'r-e zanan-e iran (A Bibliography of Iranian Women Poets), Stockholm (Sweden), 2007. (Persian)
- Den persiska litteraturen i Sverige (Persian Literature in Sweden), Litteraturens gränsland. Invandrar- och minoritetslitteratur i nordiskt perspektiv, ed. S. Gröndahl, Uppsala: Uppsala University Press, 2002. (Swedish)
- Mosaikens turkosa eko: persisk modern poesi (Introduction to Modern Persian Poetry), Stockholm, 2002. (Swedish)
- زمزمه های دختر سافو Whispers of Sapho´s Daughter - Official Website
- Immigrant Writers in Sweden - Mana Aghaee
- Other Voices Poetry - Mana Aghaee's Biography
- Voices in Exile - Article in Tehran Bureau