||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (November 2013)|
Mu‘āwīyya or Muawiyah or Muaawiya (معاوية) is a male Arabic given name with disputed meaning. In the Arabic dictionary, Muawiya is defined as meaning  the name of first Umayyad Khalifah, which means a young dog or fox.
People named Muawiya include :
- Muawiyah I, first Umayyad Caliph (r. 661–680)
- Muawiya II, third Umayyad Caliph (r. 683–684)
- Mu'awiya ibn Hudayj, Umayyad general and governor
- Mu'awiya ibn Hisham, Umayyad prince and general (fl. 725–737)
- Maaouya Ould Sid'Ahmed Taya (born 1941), Prime Minister, then President of Mauritania
- "Muslim boys names". Bdwebguide.com. 2007-07-20. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Ma'awiya Name Meaning of Ma'awiya Origin". Mybaby.net.au. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Meaning of Maawiya". Indiachildnames.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Names - Meaning of Maawiya - Name Meaning". Meaning-of-names.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- The meaning of Mu'awiya (Answering-Ansar) "
- Ruling on calling one’s son Mu’aawiyah and mention of some who bore this name "
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|