Ministry of Transport (Russia)
|Министерство транспорта Российской Федерации|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Russia|
|Headquarters||1/1 Rozhdestvenka, Moscow
|Minister responsible||Maksim Sokolov|
|Child agency||Russian Federal Agency for Transport Safety, Russian Federal Agency for Air Transport, Russian Federal Agency for Roads, Russian Federal Agency for Rail Transport|
The Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation (Russian: Министерство транспорта Российской Федерации) is the Russian ministry responsible for developing public policies and legal regulations regarding commercial aviation, sea transport, inland waterway transport, railroads, road transport, urban metro systems, and commercial transport vehicles. The ministry is also responsible for surveying and mapping and naming geographic features. It is headquartered in Moscow.
The ministry was created by the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic on July 26, 1990 as a successor to the Ministry of Transport of the USSR. Until December 25, 1991 it was named The Ministry of Transport of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic.
For a brief period - March 9, 2004 to May 20, 2004 - the ministry was combined with the Ministry of Communications and Information. This short-lived combined agency was named The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Russian Federation.
- Federal Service for Transport Oversight ("Rostransnadzor"; Федеральная служба по надзору в сфере транспорта, Ространснадзор). Formed in 2004.
- Federal Air Transport Agency (FATA) ("Rosaviatsia"; Федеральное агентство воздушного транспорта, Росавиация). Formed in 1964 as Ministry for Civil Air Transport in Soviet Union, responsible for Inspection over the Civil Air Transport. Previous names: Department for Air Transport under the Transportation Ministry (1991-1995), Federal Air Service (1996-1998), Federal Service for Air Transport (1999), State Service for Civil Aviation (2000-2003), Since 2004 is carrying the current name.
- Federal Highway Agency ("Rosavtodor"; Федеральное дорожное агентство, Росавтодор)
- Federal Railway Transport Agency ("Roszheldor"; Федеральное агентство железнодорожного транспорта), formed in 2004 on basic of the previous Railways Ministry which was dissolved.
- Federal Agency for Maritime and River Transport of Russia ("Rosmorrechflot"; Федеральное агентство морского и речного транспорта, Росморречфлот).
Ministers of Transport of the Russian Federation
|Vitaly Efimov||1990 - 1996|
|Nikolai Zach||1996 - 1998|
|Sergei Frank||1998 - 2004|
|Igor Levitin||2004 - 2012|
- From March 9, 2004 to May 20, 2004 Levetin's title was Minister of Transport and Communications of the Russian Federation.
|This article about transport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|