This talk page is archived every month (if I remember). The older pages are indexed at User talk:NawlinWiki/Archives.
Do you want to move a page that I've move-protected? Discuss the move first on the article's talk page. If there's a consensus for the move, let me know and I'll unlock the page.
Please add all comments at the bottom of the page (or I may not be able to find them).
- 1 Please add my article back
- 2 Suspected sock farm
- 3 TO THE MARKET: Survivor-made Goods
- 4 George Molsbarger
- 5 One Spark (festival)
- 6 Rewrite An Article
- 7 DDnard
- 8 Deleted Article
- 9 Dean Skivington
- 10 Plz tell me
- 11 Urgent Guidance
- 12 Deleted Article
- 13 User:NawlinWoki
- 14 PROD contested
- 15 Some SD nominations
- 16 A barnstar for you!
- 17 Blocking user 18.104.22.168 indefintely?
- 18 RE: Trams in Singapore
- 19 Charles Charamba
- 20 Why ?
- 21 deleted...
Please add my article back
Hi, recently you have deleted my article KingBob. I have proof that he is a real person if you search his facebook page for Sourab Bobby Ganna. In our school he has a huge following for his varsity basketball skills. Please add this page back! I am a proven member on the wikipedia star wars fanon page under the username Darth Ultima and I have spent over 200 hours writing articles and editing. I feel that you deleting my page almost immediately ruins the legitimacy of this website because there are a lot of people unknown. Wikipedia gives them the option to be known. Please add my article back because I have provided proof of his existence and merits. When there are articles on fictional characters, why can I not create an article about a real one. Please add this article back because otherwise it is an abuse of your powers.
Suspected sock farm
I looked into Wikipedia:Help desk#Multiple user pages, all basically the same and saw you have blocked some but far from all users at Special:WhatLinksHere/George Molsbarger. You also found some not linking there such as User:Shebazones. The accounts quickly make 10-20 similar edits so somebody may be trying to build a large autoconfirmed sock farm. PrimeHunter (talk) 12:46, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Wow, huge April Fool's hoax project. I think I've blocked them all, as well as deleting the hoax article George Molsbarger. Thanks so much! NawlinWiki (talk) 14:43, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
TO THE MARKET: Survivor-made Goods
Hello there, NawlinWiki. Earlier today you deleted TO THE MARKET | Survivor-made Goods page for unambiguous advertising. Please let me know precisely why it received that label so that I may change it. That would be most helpful. Callmeladymary (talk) 20:11, 1 April 2014 (UTC)callmeladymary
- It's written from the point of view of the organization, not from a neutral, third-party viewpoint. Words like "vision" and "inspiration" are typical of promotional copy. NawlinWiki (talk) 21:03, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- One step ahead of you. :) NawlinWiki (talk) 21:01, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
One Spark (festival)
Hi NawlinWiki, I went to create a new One Spark (festival) page but it said previously there was one written as an ad and you removed it. I'd like to create one (I never saw the previous one). Shall I just go ahead and do that? Thanks Nichos (talk) 03:16, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Rewrite An Article
Hi NawlinWiki, I am a writer who notice you had a lot of vandalism going on a specific article. I would like to rewrite it with you blessing and reading it before it posted. The article has been auto-confined and can't write anything or correct an article and since you blocked I was wondering can send you the article and you decide if it notable or not. Thanks JamesWriter90 (talk) — Preceding undated comment added 05:13, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Dear NawlinWiki, with reference to your speedy deletion of the DDnard page, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on why the subject did not meet the notability criterion, and how this can be rectified. I am always careful when creating a Wiki to abide by the guidelines and believed that this particular entry satisfied them. The subject is a bestselling author (1.4million copies worldwide and counting) and is one of Thailand's most popular, if not the most popular, author and self-help gurus. She is also a leading entrepreneur and public figure in Thailand, who regularly appears in the national media. I have cited numerous secondary sources (albeit, most in Thai) that support these claims, and they are from reliable and editorially independent. These include an interview with a prime-time Thai TV chat show (one of many), and an extended feature on DDnard in a legitimate, mainstream Thai magazine. These meet the 'significant coverage' criterion, and there are numerous other Thai articles, from multiple sources, that I could cite to further illustrate the subject's notability. DDnard is to Thailand what, say, Tony Robbins is to America, or Paul McKenna is to the UK, and her international profile is rising rapidly. I look forward to hearing from you. Gruntfuttock115 (talk) 09:48, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- I will need to translate and look at the Thai sources. The only English one, Frost magazine, appears to be a PR blog that will post anyone's advertorials unedited. I'll get back to you. NawlinWiki (talk) 13:00, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Hey Nawlin, Grenada (small island in the Caribbean) is finally catching up with the rest of the world by having a Music Publishing company. I really want to document this, so I intend to attempt my first article once again, hopefully in a less solicitous manner. This note is just to ask please for your patience and not to be blocked, as I have read is the policy, if it takes me more tries than I'd care to confess. It is not my intention to be difficult, I am simply new to creating content on Wikipedia. I will continue to read the recommended articles and may follow some examples of others. In the interim, I welcome any and all advice.
Thank you for understanding.
- I'm not planning on blocking you. But even if this is the first company of its kind in Grenada, we can't have an article on it unless it is shown to be notable (see WP:CORP) by reliable, independent sources (see WP:V). Also, it appears from the name of the company that it is your own company. If so, you shouldn't be writing the article about it. See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest. NawlinWiki (talk) 12:56, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Why have you deleted the page on Dean Skivington, I believe some of his work needs bring to wiki as its forward thinking and talks about tackling climate change, carbon tax mechanism. I don't think you have the right to delete this, its bias against his work. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Stuckinahole (talk • contribs) 02:30, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- It's not enough that you, or I, think his work might be important. It would have to be acknowledged as important by reliable, independent sources -- see WP:V. Also, please do read Wikipedia:No original research. NawlinWiki (talk) 02:34, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
Why have you deleted the page on Dean Skivington, I believe some of his work needs bring to wiki as its forward thinking and talks about tackling climate change, carbon tax mechanism. I don't think you have the right to delete this, its bias against his work.
Plz tell me
- If I am understanding you correctly, you are complaining about administrators' behavior on the Punjabi Wikipedia. You would need to post on the Administrators' Noticeboard page there. NawlinWiki (talk) 03:23, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Actually, i am writing about a person being a third person. The article is well written keeping all policies of Wikipedia in mind. However, it is the article about Nitin Dabas whose page is earlier deleted by you. Its my humble request to you that kindly review that page, it fully different and original content with notability and reliable source. So, i am requesting you to please approve this page.Ruhilgoyal (talk) 11:57, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- The article didn't cite any *independent* sources (see WP:V - Mr. Dabas and his blog are not independent sources) to show this person's notability per WP:BIO. NawlinWiki (talk) 00:38, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
I noticed that you deleted my Lynn Abbey Lee page. i know you were just doing your job, but i had to step out for a while to do something important, leaving my article totally blank except for one source-lol- but i was hoping that you could re-open it for me so i could continue working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- As you said, the only thing in the article was the citation. Just start it over from scratch, using the content from your draft at User:HowlingAngel/Lynn Abbey Lee (Harpist/Composer). Note that the title should just be Lynn Abbey-Lee (no occupation necessary because there aren't any others on Wikipedia; her own website uses the hyphen). NawlinWiki (talk) 16:57, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! NawlinWiki (talk) 12:16, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
Some SD nominations
I have nominated some pages for SD under desired criteria. Let me know if I did anything wrong. Most of my nominated pages has got deleted by admins. I am new editor fighting against vandalism. A.Minkowiski (talk) 20:36, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|you are good in editing...be with Wikipedia Kurt Penberg 15:45, 8 April 2014 (UTC)|
Blocking user 22.214.171.124 indefintely?
I saw that vandalism was again reverted by Cluebot NG on the Maine State Symbols page, and it appears that 126.96.36.199 is at it after their temporary block. Seeing as how this is a violation of their block, should the user be blocked permanently? Thanks, --Stratocaster27(talk) 13:05, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- That's not typical Wikipedia policy. Per Wikipedia:Blocking IP addresses, "IP addresses should almost never be indefinitely blocked. Many IP addresses are dynamically assigned and change frequently from one person to the next, and even static IP addresses are periodically re-assigned or have different users." NawlinWiki (talk) 18:39, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
RE: Trams in Singapore
Hi, regarding your edits on the wiki page; Trams in Singapore.
"Re-introduction plans (future):
Tampines Tram (along Pasir Ris, Tampines North, Tampines, Simei & Bedok) Woodlands Tram (along the Woodlands area) Jurong Regional Tram, in place of Jurong Region Line"
Please kindly provide the relevant references to support the claims. Without proper official references, it would mislead others on the your claims. The places you have mentioned will be covered by future MRT lines, and there are no plans on re-introducing trams back in Singapore, based on current MasterPlan 2013 and LTA. Unless you can provide reference sources, you may feel free to edit your posts again. =) 188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:17, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
You previously, 20 November 2006, deleted the Charles Charamba article for lack of content. In September 2007, editor Redvers deleted it for copyright violation. I hope the new article (16 April 2014) meets with your approval. --Bejnar (talk) 02:55, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I don't understand why you've deleted my article about a real hip hop group. This band is active at the present and just made a release few month ago that is sell on Itunes. I'm almost 10000 km far away from it, this people can't be my friend. Could you explain me why you've done this please ? Eimere (talk) 22:03, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
I was in the process of making a page for a model, and you delete it? He is notable as you can find out: https://www.motmodel.com/Detail.aspx?model_id=6914 and http://www.elliottbrownagency.co.uk/portfolio.asp?entrytype=Men&ID=3330 he is very successful at the moment. Don't delete it until I have finished, then you can decide. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Doug2745 (talk • contribs) 11:28, 18 April 2014 (UTC)