From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1043.
Year 1043 (MXLIII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- April 3 – Edward the Confessor is crowned King of England, at Winchester Cathedral.
- October 31 – Venus occults Jupiter.
- November 21 – Henry III, Holy Roman Emperor, marries Agnes of Poitou at Ingelheim am Rhein.
- Rus'–Byzantine War (1043).
- The revolt of George Maniakes against Byzantine Emperor Constantine IX ends, when Maniakes is killed in battle near Thessalonica.
- The Ziyarid Dynasty of Persia is crushed by the Seljuks.
- In Song dynasty China, the statesmen Ouyang Xiu and Fan Zhongyan put forth the Qingli Reforms, which are halted by 1045.
- The Norman brothers, William Iron Arm and Drogo de Hauteville, assume power in Apulia.
- The first king of the Kingdom of Nri, Eze Nri Ìfikuánim, is installed in West Africa.