From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1043.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1010s 1020s 1030s – 1040s – 1050s 1060s 1070s|
|Years:||1040 1041 1042 – 1043 – 1044 1045 1046|
|1043 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1796|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||壬午年 (Water Horse)
3739 or 3679
— to —
癸未年 (Water Goat)
3740 or 3680
|- Vikram Samvat||1099–1100|
|- Shaka Samvat||965–966|
|- Kali Yuga||4144–4145|
|Japanese calendar||Chōkyū 4
|Minguo calendar||869 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1354/1355 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1585–1586|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1043.|
- April 3 – Edward the Confessor is crowned King of England at Winchester Cathedral.
- October 31 – Venus occults Jupiter.
- November 21 – Henry III, Holy Roman Emperor, marries Agnes of Poitou at Ingelheim am Rhein.
- Rus'–Byzantine War (1043).
- The revolt of George Maniakes against Byzantine Emperor Constantine IX ends when Maniakes is killed in battle near Thessalonica.
- The Ziyarid dynasty of Persia is crushed by the Seljuks.
- In Song dynasty China, the statesmen Ouyang Xiu and Fan Zhongyan put forth the Qingli Reforms, which are halted by 1045.
- The Norman brothers, William Iron Arm and Drogo de Hauteville, assume power in Apulia.
- The first king of the Kingdom of Nri, Eze Nri Ìfikuánim is installed in West Africa.
- Fulk IV, Count of Anjou
- Abu Muhammad Baghawi, Persian traditionalist
- El Cid Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar of Castile (d. 1099). National hero of Spain.