From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1330.
|1330 by topic|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1330 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2083|
|English Regnal year||3 Edw. 3 – 4 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||己巳年 (Earth Snake)
4026 or 3966
— to —
庚午年 (Metal Horse)
4027 or 3967
|- Vikram Samvat||1386–1387|
|- Shaka Samvat||1251–1252|
|- Kali Yuga||4430–4431|
|Japanese calendar||Gentoku 2
|Minguo calendar||582 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1872–1873|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1330.|
- July 28 – Battle of Velbazhd: The Bulgarians under Tsar Michael Shishman (who is mortally wounded) are beaten by the Serbs. Bulgaria does not lose any territory to Serbia but is powerless to stop the Serbian advance towards the predominantly Bulgarian-populated Macedonia.
- October 19 – King Edward III of England starts his personal reign, arresting his regent Roger Mortimer and having him executed.
- November 9–12 – Battle of Posada: The Wallachians, under Basarab I, defeat the Hungarians, though heavily outnumbered.
- Undated – Vilnius, Lithuania receives its coat-of-arms, granted to the city in the seventh year of its existence.
- June 15 – Edward, the Black Prince, son of Edward III of England (d. 1376)
- July 4 – Ashikaga Yoshiakira, Japanese shogun (d. 1367)
- October 25 – Louis II of Flanders (d. 1384)
- date unknown
- January 13 – Duke Frederick I of Austria (b. 1286)
- March 19 – Edmund of Woodstock, 1st Earl of Kent, son of Edward I and brother of Edward II (executed by Roger Mortimer) (b. 1301)
- May 3 – Alexios II Megas Komnenos, Emperor of Trebizond (b. 1282)
- c. July 31 – Tsar Michael Shishman of Bulgaria (b. 1280s?)
- August 25 – Sir James Douglas, Scottish guerilla leader during the Wars of Scottish Independence (b. 1286)
- November 29 – Roger Mortimer, 1st Earl of March, de facto ruler of England (b. 1287)
- date unknown
- "Edward, the Black Prince (1330 - 1376)". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 3 January 2017.