From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1292.
Year 1292 (MCCXCII) was a leap year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- April 5 – The Papal election, 1292–94 begins.
- November 17 (Julian calendar) – John Balliol is selected by King Edward I of England as King of Scotland, from among 13 competitors for the Crown of Scotland; Edward then treats John as a puppet ruler and Scotland as a vassal state, eventually provoking the Wars of Scottish Independence, commencing in 1296.
- King Mangrai the Great of Ngoenyang conquers and annexes the Mon kingdom of Hariphunchai, creating a political union in the form of the Lanna Kingdom.
- The Vaghela Dynasty in Gujarat is subjugated by the Deccan Yadava Dynasty of Daulatabad.
- The Mamluk sultan of Egypt, Al-Ashraf Khalil, invades the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia.
- The Isfendiyarid Dynasty is founded in the Kastamonu Province.
- The Mongols land on Java, taking the capital, but it proves impossible to hold.
- The Taxatio Ecclesiastica, compiled in 1291–92, is completed under the order of Pope Nicholas IV.
- ^ Roberts, J. M. (1994). History of the World. Penguin.