From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1412.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1380s 1390s 1400s – 1410s – 1420s 1430s 1440s|
|Years:||1409 1410 1411 – 1412 – 1413 1414 1415|
|1412 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1412 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2165|
|English Regnal year||13 Hen. 4 – 14 Hen. 4|
|Chinese calendar||辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)
4108 or 4048
— to —
壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
4109 or 4049
|- Vikram Samvat||1468–1469|
|- Shaka Samvat||1334–1335|
|- Kali Yuga||4513–4514|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 19
|Minguo calendar||500 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1954–1955|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1412.|
- January 16 – The Medici family are made official bankers of the Papacy.
- January 25 – Ernest, Duke of Austria, marries Cymburgis of Masovia.
- October 5 – Emperor Go-Komatsu abdicates and Emperor Shoko accedes to the throne of Japan.
- October 28 – Eric of Pomerania becomes sole ruler of the Kalmar Union (Sweden, Denmark and Norway) upon the death of Queen Margaret.
- December – Battle of Chalagan - Kara Koyunlu Turkomans defeat Georgians under Constantine I of Georgia and their ally Ibrahim I of Shirvan.
- John II of Castile declares the Valladolid laws that restrict the social rights of Jews. Among many other restrictions the laws force Jews to wear distinctive clothes and denies them administrative positions.
- Years after its publication in the 14th century, the Ming Dynasty Chinese artillery officer Jiao Yu adds the preface to his classic book on gunpowder warfare, the Huolongjing.
- The Black Death sweeps England for a final time in a 60 year period.
- January 6 – Joan of Arc, French soldier and saint. Tradition holds that she was born on the Feast of the Epiphany, but there is no documentary evidence (d. 1431)
- June 5 – Ludovico III Gonzaga, Marquis of Mantua (d. 1478)
- March – Albrekt of Mecklenburg, king of Sweden 1364–1389 (b. 1336)
- April 2 – Ruy Gonzáles de Clavijo, Castilian traveller and writer
- May 16 – Gian Maria Visconti, Duke of Milan
- October 28 – Margaret I of Denmark, queen regnant of Denmark of Norway since 1387 and of Sweden since 1389 (b. 1353)
- date unknown – Jalal ad-Din khan, khan of the Golden Horde