|Initial release||October 12, 2017|
|Type||Intelligent personal assistant|
AliGenie is a China-based open-platform intelligent personal assistant launched and developed by Alibaba Group, currently used in the Tmall Genie smart speaker. The platform was introduced in 2017, along with the Tmall Genie X1, at Alibaba's 2017 Computing Conference in Hangzhou.
Similar to other virtual assistants, AliGenie is capable of smart home control, music playback, voice shopping, taking notes and more. AliGenie also features voice recognition, voiceprint recognition, semantic understanding and speech synthesis.
AliGenie also integrates with Alibaba Group's services, such as online payment service Alipay and shopping platform Taobao and Tmall. AliGenie's voiceprint recognition technology offered security by only allowing authorized users to place online orders. 
- "Alibaba's AI-powered speaker hits the shelves · TechNode". TechNode. 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba made an Echo competitor called the Tmall Genie". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba enters voice-activated market with its Tmall Genie". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba voice assistant speaker, AliGenie X1, launched in China". Mobilescout.com. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba Challenges Google, Amazon With New Echo-Like Device". Bloomberg.com. 2017-07-05. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba's AI Assistant Shows What An E-commerce Focused Platform Can Do - Lowyat.NET". www.lowyat.net. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba Unveils AliGenie Voice Platform as Competition in Smart Speaker Sector Intensifies". Yicai Global. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba Tmall Genie X1 Smart Speaker will Ship On July 17 - Voicebot". www.voicebot.ai. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Voice War: Hey Google vs. Alexa vs. Siri" (PDF).
- "Alibaba debuts AliGenie open voice platform". eng.hangzhou.gov.cn. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Alibaba Launches AliGenie X1 Smart Speaker With Genie AI Assistant - Gizmochina". Gizmochina. 2017-07-05. Retrieved 2018-01-21.