|Slogan||UC Inside, World in Hand.|
|Initial release||August 2004|
|Stable release||9.6 for Android / November 22, 2013|
|Available in||Chinese, English, Russian, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, French|
UC Browser is a mobile browser developed by UCWeb (previously known as UC Mobile). Originally launched in April 2004 as a Java-only application, it is now available on platforms including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian, Java and Blackberry. In 2010, UC Browser introduced its first iOS app in the Apple App Store.
The browser uses cloud acceleration and data compression technology. UC Browser's servers act as a proxy which compresses the data of web pages before sending it to users. This process helps load web content faster. The browser can adapt in different network environments and support multi-file format downloading. In addition, UC Browser has HTML5 web app and cloud syncing features.
UC Browser is available on several smartphone and feature phone platforms, but Android represents the largest user-base for the company, with 100 million of its 400 million total on Google's mobile OS.
UC+: HTML5, WebApp and Add-ons
In July 2013, UCWeb announced the UC+ Open Platform. The platform consists of a WebApp store, an Add-on Platform and an Application Bookmark Platform. It went live with the launch of UC Browser v9.2 for Android.
Developers can use an SDK provided to create programs that can be called on in different usage scenarios. Users can download them from the browser's add-on panel to get a more personalized internet browsing experience, like the sharing to SNS, webpage translation, augmented reality, voice control, etc. The Application Bookmark Platform allows partner websites to put up a QR code on UC Browser for users to scan the code and add the webpage to their bookmarks. The UC WebApp Center was one of the first for mobile WebApps in China.
The browser supports simultaneous downloads and includes a download manager, including pages for offline reading. It supports pause-and-resume downloads. The new version of download manager has improved features to solve problems while downloading such as an intermittent internet connection and mislabeled files. The download process will continue even after you completely close UC Browser and the download process will automatically resume if the download is interrupted for some reasons, again, all in the background.
Data compression reduces data consumption while users are browsing. Since 2006, UC Browser has been leveraging more compression and rendering work on its server, similar to the operation of a thin client.
The cloud system used by the browser distributes data from the closest servers. As a result, the loading process is quicker and smoother. A "View it later" mode caches web pages with their videos, images and text for offline viewing.
UC Browser can be used to share to Facebook and Twitter, with the WP version offering more sharing options. 
UCWeb claimed than UC Browser is available on more than 3,000 different models of cell phones from over 200 cell phone manufacturers, and is compatible with all mainstream operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8, Blackberry and Symbian.
Android represents the largest user-base for the browser, with 100 million of its 400 million total on Google's mobile OS. There are three versions of UC Browser available on Google Play, including UC Browser Mini for Android, UC Browser for Android, and UC Browser HD for Android.
December 2013, the number of apps available on Windows Phone Store reached 200,000., but there are few browsers. UC Browser was released on Windows Phone in early 2012, and it is now the most downloaded third-party web browsers on the OS. It's popular features include Download, Incognito Browsing and Wi-Fi Sharing.
The company announced its "Going Glocal" strategy in 2012. By providing different versions for English, Russian, Indonesian, Vietnamese and more, the company hopes to better serve its growing international user base. The company is taking advantage of its own server networks which enable the browser to deliver customized contents to users all around the world. Besides the technical issues, the company refers to local designers and experts to accommodate local cultures and tastse, according to CEO Yongfu Yu. The logo of UC Browser was redesigned in December 2012, from a cute cartoon squirrel to a more abstract and stylized icon that's more in line with American designs.
In Aug 2013, UC Browser provided distribution channels of companies like AppURL Initiative.
- The 2011 Readers' Choice Awards Winners: Best Mobile (Non-iPad or iPhone) Browser by About.com
- The 2012 Readers' Choice Awards Winners: Best Android Browser by About.com
- Red Herring 2012 Asia Top 100 Awards
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award 2013 was presented to UCWeb, the developer of UC Browser.
UC Browser claimed to have passed 400 million user at the end of 2012, which derives from benefit of its large user base in China (34.83% as of July 2013, according to StatCounter) and their rapidly growing Indian market. In 2012 Oct, it topped Opera in Google Play's free Android app download category in India for the first time. According to a third-party web analytics firm, StatCounter, UC Browser surpassed Opera as India’s top mobile browser with 32.82 percent of the market share to Opera's 26.91 percent. Google Zeitgeist 2013 revealed that the “Most Searched Mobile Apps” in India were dominated by messaging and browsing apps, with WhatsApp and UC Browser topping the rankings for the most number of searches on mobile in 2013.
- UC Browser for Android on Google Play
- UC Browser for iPhone on App Store
- UC Browser for Windows Phone on Microsoft App Store
- UC Browser (Symbian S60V5)
- UC Browser for Blackberry
- Chinese browser UCWeb passes 400 million users worldwide | The Next Web
- About UCWeb - UCWeb Official Website
- UCWeb’s Yu Yongfu Talks Strategy, Finances, New Evernote Partnership | TechinAsia
- UCWeb opens US office, Americanizes its logo | PandoDaily
- UCWeb customises mobile internet browser for Vodafone customers in India |The Economic Times
- UC Web announces partnership with Trend Micro for in-browser mobile web safety assessment | Fonearena
- Global Consortium of Mobile Thought Leaders Support AppURL Initiative | YahooFinance
- Gameloft China: partners important for navigating China | TechinAsia
- The 2011 Readers' Choice Awards Winne rs : Web Browsers
- The 2012 Readers' Choice Awards Winners: Web Browsers
- Red Herring 2012 Asia Top 100 Awards
- UCWeb Reaches 400 Million Global Users[non-primary source needed]
- StatCounter Global Stats
- UCWeb Boasts Dominance over Opera in India’s Mobile Browser Market